PDA

View Full Version : J.Hallett needs some encouragement

Colby@C&DRacing
09-16-2002, 03:10 PM
Josh Hallett took a horrible spill at Little Sahara Thursday. He went to fast off a dune and hit the bottom and ended up under the quad, he did not fair well at all, he has 2 collapsed lungs, broken ribs, lacerations (sp?) on his kidneys,spleen, and liver, some fractures on his vertebrae, and lots of bruises. He was flew to the Oklahoma City Trama Center and is in the ICU.

We are praying for you to get well soon!!!
:)

Bean
09-16-2002, 03:11 PM
well thats no good, hope he gets better soon

Tommy 17
09-16-2002, 03:39 PM
get better josh!!!! i'm prayin for u man... u better heal up so me u and rico can race for #21 someday...

Razorback
09-16-2002, 03:40 PM
dusty - that is bad, bad, bad news. i'm really sorry to hear about this. i'll be praying for him. let him know he's got people thinking about him. keep us updated on his condition if you hear anything.

Ben
09-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Send him our regards. We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers. :(

TC17
09-16-2002, 05:42 PM
that doesn't sound good at all. that's why i just got $300 in safty stuff today. i'll get some pics soon. i hope he gets better really soon and has a speedy recovery!

Colby@C&DRacing
09-16-2002, 05:54 PM
We are thankful that he was wearing a helmet. I don't think he would of made it out alive his helmet has a few good cracks in it. He did leave the chest protector in the trailer but not for sure if it would of helped or not hard to say..

Thanks you guys for all your support

300eXTraILRyDeR
09-16-2002, 06:27 PM
god bless it only happends to the best and no body knows why

Pappy
09-16-2002, 06:31 PM
get well soon josh.....real soon:)

09-16-2002, 06:40 PM
man thats awfull I hope he gets better soon. Its awfull to hear about a fellow quad rider geting hurt hope it turns out good for him, with No major damage.
killer

Razorback
09-17-2002, 06:23 AM
dusty - let us know if you here any news.

Ex'r Marlin
09-17-2002, 06:31 AM
Josh, my buddy, please get well! I am praying for you bud. There are so many of us praying that you come through this ok. At this time, it is hard for me to imagine what happened, but reading what Dusty had to say, sounds like your 400 is a bit too fast?:rolleyes: Again Josh, we pray for your well being, and are anxious to hear from you!

Thank you Dusty for letting us know about our fellow Exrider.com buddy. Please keep us informed if you hear any more.

PsychoDave
09-17-2002, 10:10 AM
GET BETTER JOSH.......MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

sandman
09-17-2002, 11:18 AM
sorry to hear of this my family and i will be praying for a full and quick recovery

beerock
09-17-2002, 01:30 PM
get well bro!

SGA
09-17-2002, 01:43 PM
Sorry to hear about his accident. I hope he recovers quickly.
Howard.

MIKE400EX
09-17-2002, 02:38 PM
Get well soon Josh - our prayers are with you! Mike.

09-18-2002, 06:18 AM
:( :(

09-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Hang in there Josh and get better quick were all pulling for you.

Get better soon cause who we gonna bust about their "relationship" with C&D while your gone.

I had talked with Dusty of C&D on tuesday and it sounds like things are improving for Josh a little. The big ugly tubes were removed and he is starting to heal, but still in the ICU.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-20-2002, 12:59 PM
Just talked to Josh for the first time since the crash. He seems to be doing ok. He can't remember what happened, I told him that was probably a good thing.
I know that when he gets home he will check out what he has missed on exriders and will appreciate all your support..

sandman
09-20-2002, 01:37 PM
Glad to hear he is doing better:)

Dune Surfer
09-20-2002, 10:27 PM
Hope your better soon!!! It is a dam dangerous sport. Good Luck

CHAUNCY
09-20-2002, 11:26 PM
I hope he gets better soon and I wish him the best of luck

Ex'r Marlin
09-23-2002, 03:17 PM
I was able to talk to Josh today by phone. He is still at the hospital in Oklahoma, but is planning on returning back home as early as tomorrow! (9/24) :)

Josh sounded very alert. He now seems to know what had happened to him, and at this point does not want to look at, or even talk about an atv.:( I did not want to bring up atving with him, only wanted him to know that alot of us wanted to know how Josh was doing. Like most of us on here, we have been very nervous about his condition.

Dusty at C&D Racing said Josh had called her Friday, and that Josh sounded groggy, and he did not have much energy. Talking with Josh, he did not remember talking with her, and that he was probably "drugged up". Note: I think that is pretty cool, being disorientated, and still calling people that are close to you without you even know it!

Again, it made my day today hearing his voice! He sounded good. Josh hopes to be back on Exriders.com soon. He remembered who I was, and was quick to ask when am I going to make the trip from NJ to Nebraska! Josh, I hope to see you soon!

Josh, our prayers are still with you! We hope to hear from you soon, even if it not to talk about atv's. I am glad to hear your family and girlfriend have been there for you. A special thanks to your parents, grandmother, girlfriend, and others being there with you. Just wanted to let you know that your family here at Exriders.com misses you!:) :D :cool: :macho

Again, thank you Dusty for informing us Josh's condition!:)

Razorback
09-23-2002, 03:25 PM
it's good to hear he's doing better and may be able to go home soon. thanks for the update. i'll keep praying for a fast recovery for him.

09-23-2002, 07:08 PM
Keep on fightin Josh get better and get back on that horse (400EX) and teach it who's boss.

Good to hear your doing better.

Razorback
09-30-2002, 11:07 AM
any update on josh's condition?

Ex'r Marlin
09-30-2002, 11:35 AM
I haven't heard anything lately... All I was told is that he does not want to look at or talk about an atv for awhile... I guess I can understand that.

In the meantime, I hope Josh can let us know on here how he is progressing... We are anxious to have you back on board with us, but we understand about you waiting until the time is right. We miss you Josh... Take care and get well!

Pappy
09-30-2002, 11:40 AM
yeah josh.....we got races to win.....dont let a buckin horse scare ya.....get back on her and ride the snot out of it:D

we just want ya back in one peice....still prayin for a speedy recovery.....:)

Colby@C&DRacing
09-30-2002, 11:51 AM
We were on our way to visit him (about 2 hrs away) We left Friday afternoon and about half way there we got a phone call and said it would be best if we came this week so we are going to see him 10-4-02 hopefully if all goes well with him.. The last that I heard he was put back in the ICU in Hastings NE due to some more bleeding and he had fluid in his lungs.. I also saw that he was loged on yesterday to exriders.. Hopefully that means that he is feeling better :)

Razorback
09-30-2002, 11:54 AM
thanks for the updates. i, too, am still praying for him.

Ex'r Marlin
09-30-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by CDracing
I also saw that he was loged on yesterday to exriders.. Hopefully that means that he is feeling better I hope so too!

Thank you for the update!! Please continue updating us if we don't hear from Josh.

JhallettEX
10-16-2002, 11:22 AM
Hello everyone, I am back home at my parents house recovering. I will be here for about a month or two. I was released from Okla. and returned here to Hastings. A day later I was having problems breathing and went to the doctor. They admitted me back into the hospital. They found a infection in my lungs as well as a staff infection. I had a few minor surgeries and was getting better, so we thaught. A few days later I was being transferred to Lincoln to have another surgury on my lungs. I was in Lincoln for about 5 days. I have since been released and I am again back at my parents recovering. I am doing alot better, just trying to get through the pain of the surgury. Anyways the 400 is up for sale and I think that I am done with the sport for a while. Thanks for all the support. I will keep in touch. I am still on alot of drugs so some some of what I have said may not make since so sorry. Thanks again.
Josh

10-16-2002, 11:34 AM
Good luck,,hope for the best and don't forget to check back in every now and then...;) :)

Razorback
10-16-2002, 11:47 AM
josh - glad to see you're starting to recover some. i've been praying for you everyday. i can't blame you for wanting to get out of the sport. that was a nasty tumble you took. best wishes to you and i hope you heal quick. like rico said, check back every once in a while.

scott

Ex'r Marlin
10-16-2002, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the update Josh... Alot of us have been anxiously waiting to hear from you.

It hurts to see a fellow Exrider.com buddy in your condition. Probably not as much as you are hurting, but you definetly affected alot of us.

Your replys in past have greatly helped alot of us.

Josh... I hope you have a full recovery. Please log in time to time. You don't know how much you are missed!

I guess you can see what effect you have on Nebraska... The football team hasn't done well so far... But like you, they will come back stronger! :cool:

KIT!

Ex'r Marlin

SGA
10-16-2002, 11:52 AM
Glad to hear things are coming along. Keep us updated on how you are doing. Howard

10-16-2002, 01:49 PM
Josh good to see your out of the damn hospital and hope you are feelin better (dont let those drugs go to your head).

I can deff understand you wanting to get away from this stuff for a while after hearing what you have been thru man so just hang in there get fixed up right since thats what is important anyhow.

One problem though is I hear C&D been a little slow since you been out of commission, so you may want to pop in here now and then.

Just kiddin but hang in there and get yourself healthy.. And do drop in here.

JhallettEX
10-16-2002, 01:55 PM
Actually they have been gettin alot more bussiness, they came down here the other day and visited with me for a while. I will be on here just like normal, nothing else to do. I am just glad to be home, 4 weeks in the hospital is not fun.

VegasEx'r
10-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Hey Josh, I am glad to see you are doing better, and hopefully there won't be any setbacks anymore & you can make a quick recovery.

Ex'r Marlin
10-16-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by JhallettEX
Actually they have been gettin alot more bussiness, they came down here the other day and visited with me for a while. I will be on here just like normal. Yeah, I think I have been helping them stay busy since my crash!:rolleyes: Glad to read that you will be back on here!!:cool:

10-16-2002, 06:11 PM
I hope you get back to 100%. Keep ridin dude.