PDA

View Full Version : Rudolph, your mom got smoked

Pappy
12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I held out as long as I could for a nice buck, settled on this big doe this morning.

She weighed 145 pounds:eek2:

Mxjunkie
12-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Poor Rudolph!

I want deer jerkey :blah:

Pappy
12-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I'll try to save ya some Josh

Cody, Ryan, Bridget and Kevin and myself have been cutting deer all night:p

TheFontMaster
12-06-2006, 06:25 PM
MMMMMM dear meat yummm.

troyleepred719
12-06-2006, 06:47 PM
i sthat one of babis family members i c poking its head in the window lol... i been out 20 times this season, and all i shot was 3 coyotes trying to get the calves lol

Pappy
12-06-2006, 06:51 PM
yep, thats a piebald doe i killed a few years back

firefighterjosh
12-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Im hungry. Nothing like Deer Burgers:D

suck my pipe
12-06-2006, 07:39 PM
I didnt butcher my dear this year, i just picked it up from the shop today, the jerky is good and i got some steaks and ground meat. They didnt mix pork or beef with the ground meet thoe. If Imake burgers will they be real dry? Can I just buy some ground beef or pork and mix it into the ground deer? Sorry to still your thread but I dont have a grinder so i have never had ground deer meat before, and dont know what I have to do.

Pappy
12-06-2006, 07:46 PM
yes, you can mix in ground beef or sausage before you cook it. we dont mix any in prior to freezing it because fat can not last as long in the freezer as the meat can. we butcher every deer we kill, make our own sausage, bologna, snack sticks, chipped deer, etc

YFZRB
12-06-2006, 07:49 PM
THERE IT IS!

The OJ deer.

Well I'll be.

Pappy
12-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by YFZRB
THERE IT IS!

The OJ deer.

Well I'll be.

people may not like what i say, but you can bank on it being true:D

suck my pipe
12-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the help, by the way thats a huge doe.

Quad18star
12-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Pappy ... I'm gunna PM you my address ..... with christmas being just around the corner I thought you might be a little generous and hook a canuck up !!!!!!:blah:

Nice size deer . Ours don't get that big around here .... 110lbs is big for this area .

12-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Rudolph got run over by a deer slug....

jrafter
12-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
I'll try to save ya some Josh

Cody, Ryan, Bridget and Kevin and myself have been cutting deer all night:p

Better on someones table than on the side on 81.......the blood trails getting long and stinky.

The season should be a little longer.........i saw a little old lady hit 2 on RT11 right by the airport.

Stevie-D
12-07-2006, 02:18 PM
i drive 84 for about a half hour stretch to work each day. this morning there was a large red jello-y smear on the road, and a does head about 50 yards up:eek2:

i'll agree..better in the freezer than ground up on the highway

cletusEX
12-07-2006, 04:29 PM
That is a big doe. Must be a MD deer those WV mountain deer don't get that big.:D You didn't miss much last weekend. I ended up getting down a little earlier Friday and hunted the last 45 minutes. Right at dark a decent 6 point sika came out in the field about 160 yards. One 150 gr Ballistic Tip and he crumpled. Then that cold front came through Friday night and the wind blew all day Sat. We didn't see another deer.

quads14589
12-07-2006, 04:56 PM
i got a question for you, do u hunt in a open field or out in the woods, becuase i hunt out in the woods and put out crack corn and deer come but whenever im out hunting nothing ever comes so do you hunt in a field or in a stand out in the woods?

Pappy
12-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Better on someones table than on the side on 81.......the blood trails getting long and stinky.

The season should be a little longer.........i saw a little old lady hit 2 on RT11 right by the airport.

i run from martinsburg to gaithersburg everyday...i see 8 to 10 hit per day!

That is a big doe. Must be a MD deer those WV mountain deer don't get that big. You didn't miss much last weekend. I ended up getting down a little earlier Friday and hunted the last 45 minutes. Right at dark a decent 6 point sika came out in the field about 160 yards. One 150 gr Ballistic Tip and he crumpled. Then that cold front came through Friday night and the wind blew all day Sat. We didn't see another deer.

Nick I wanted so badly to come hunt with you. I am so tired of this crap ,I will be glad when its over even if I have to serve slurpee's at 7/11. Nice buck btw! Yep, shot her in Carroll County on the farm I usually hunt. Havent seen jack here at home since Cody killed one opening day:(

i got a question for you, do u hunt in a open field or out in the woods, becuase i hunt out in the woods and put out crack corn and deer come but whenever im out hunting nothing ever comes so do you hunt in a field or in a stand out in the woods?

I hunt where the deer are...lol woods, fields, where ever I think they will be. On teh farm, there is no need to use bait seeing they have enough corn, soybeans and rye to munch on. Here at home in West Virginia, I have a 55 gallon tripod feeder to help supplement thier feed. I feed them at night, and I have food plots planted on my property to help get them better food sources. The nearest cornfield to me is over 10 miles away.

This buck came off my property on Thanksgivings Day last year. Not bad for a mountain buck in this area

LTZ400rider
12-07-2006, 07:01 PM
this year no1 seen jack chit, musta been the 60 degree weather, coyote or poachers.

we just bought a .17 caliber coyote gun, i cant wait to smoke one of these *******s

quads14589
12-07-2006, 07:03 PM
i have turkeys up the *** out here and deer r starting to dissaper out here.

tar
12-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Damn 145 pounds for a doe!! That's huge around here. Our place we hunt is pretty good but this year with it being so dry down here there is no water on our place which equals very few deer. This year sucked for us!

12-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Pappy ... I'm gunna PM you my address ..... with christmas being just around the corner I thought you might be a little generous and hook a canuck up !!!!!!:blah:

Nice size deer . Ours don't get that big around here .... 110lbs is big for this area .

Your not that far from me.. dad got a 150 pound doe..my cousin rob got a 170 buton buck lol.

nice doe., i got one about that size the other day.

12-08-2006, 08:13 AM

i run from martinsburg to gaithersburg everyday...i see 8 to 10 hit per day!

That is a big doe. Must be a MD deer those WV mountain deer don't get that big. You didn't miss much last weekend. I ended up getting down a little earlier Friday and hunted the last 45 minutes. Right at dark a decent 6 point sika came out in the field about 160 yards. One 150 gr Ballistic Tip and he crumpled. Then that cold front came through Friday night and the wind blew all day Sat. We didn't see another deer.

Nick I wanted so badly to come hunt with you. I am so tired of this crap ,I will be glad when its over even if I have to serve slurpee's at 7/11. Nice buck btw! Yep, shot her in Carroll County on the farm I usually hunt. Havent seen jack here at home since Cody killed one opening day:(

I hunt where the deer are...lol woods, fields, where ever I think they will be. On teh farm, there is no need to use bait seeing they have enough corn, soybeans and rye to munch on. Here at home in West Virginia, I have a 55 gallon tripod feeder to help supplement thier feed. I feed them at night, and I have food plots planted on my property to help get them better food sources. The nearest cornfield to me is over 10 miles away.

This buck came off my property on Thanksgivings Day last year. Not bad for a mountain buck in this area

That gun is very nice... What make is it? 243?

Pappy
12-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by mitch091
That gun is very nice... What make is it? 243?

30-06

I plan on molycoating the barrel and action after the season is over. The brightness of the finish remington has on there is way to bright for me.

Pappy
12-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Off to the smoke house:D

Mxjunkie
12-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Damn now I'm hungry :p

Pappy
12-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Damn now I'm hungry :p

try being here smelling everything:p

TheIceMan
12-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Nice deer Pappy :cool:
The weather was too nice on the elk trip this year.
My uncle did fill his mulie tag though.

wvspeedfreak
12-09-2006, 05:40 PM
That is a nice doe Kenny.Austin shot his first squirrel this morning.Knocked it out of the top of a tree with his .22 :cool:

Pappy
12-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
That is a nice doe Kenny.Austin shot his first squirrel this morning.Knocked it out of the top of a tree with his .22 :cool:

hell yeah:cool:

we will see ya'll tomorrow, ask austin what he bought me for my birthday:devil:

coolguy8769
12-09-2006, 05:52 PM
try being here smelling everything:p

i was... haha, would this happen to be the deer i sampled today?

the sausage smelt so good, tasted good too:p

after we left i had to get somethin to eat cause i got hungry lol

Pappy
12-09-2006, 05:55 PM
actually, we use up any early deer for late season sausage. when we butcher, we always take the front shoulders and chunk them into strips etc, then freeze them. Once ive killed 8 or 10 we have enough to make sausage and jerky, snack sticks etc.

bridget said she ended up with around 20 pounds of sausage so we will be eating some damn fine breakfasts over the winter:p

PolarisRider
12-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Heres mine, she has a 16 inch spread

Pappy
12-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider
Heres mine, she has a 16 inch spread

good job!

Pappy
12-09-2006, 09:57 PM
hey rich, here is a better shot

Rider-trx_250ex
12-09-2006, 10:10 PM
hey rich, here is a better shot

so how much damage did that do to your car?

lol, sweet

Plante400
12-09-2006, 10:42 PM
that is a hudge doe..

i settles for a 4 pointer this year...:(

Ghost-Rider
12-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
this year no1 seen jack chit, musta been the 60 degree weather, coyote or poachers.

we just bought a .17 caliber coyote gun, i cant wait to smoke one of these *******s

We got a Stainless steel Ruger Mini-14 (.223) with a nice mil-spec scope for that :)

yea my dad shot a 3 point with muzzleloader he saw it during shotgun season and didnt wanna shoot it cause he was small-ish and was missin a horn (has a very odd shaped stub on 1 side ) so he let it go and say it during muzzleloader season he shot it then he wa wiating it out hoping for something bigger so were makin hunter sticks outa most of it mmmmm :)

Oh yea there was that 8-point he took out with his car on way to work while ago ....lol didnt even hurt the car a bit