PDA

View Full Version : ughh

Ruby Soho
12-06-2006, 02:14 PM
:rolleyes: so im riding today right, im jumping over and ovetr again, and i decide to go out back in the woods. i come back and i see my battery lying on the ground:huh i accidently let out the clutch when i bent over to look under the fender where the battery goes and it turned off. i pick up my battery and its fine and everything and then i realize i have to push my quad all the way up my driveway. that sucked. we had the battery zip tied on, and stapped. the oonly way it could have come off was because of me getting close to bottoming out or something? idk but i thought id share my story for today with you guys:o

12-06-2006, 02:16 PM
the weight of the battery probably broke the zip ties...

trx400EXtreme
12-06-2006, 03:58 PM
maybe they werent tight enough an it just slipped out.

blasterandy
12-06-2006, 04:09 PM
:huh Y didn't you just push start. That sucks by the way

Ruby Soho
12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by blasterandy
:huh Y didn't you just push start. That sucks by the way

its all up hill, so if i was gonna push it up the hill just to turn it around to roll start i thought i mine aswell push it into the garage.

yeah, ther zipties were just long enough and only had about one click or whatever, they probly just stretched or whatever, i put new ones on and put the connections back on and its good to go.

12-07-2006, 06:29 AM
i would look for a better(like the stock) mountting system since you already know the zip ties don't hold for very long

johnsls
12-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
:rolleyes: so im riding today right, im jumping over and ovetr again, and i decide to go out back in the woods. i come back and i see my battery lying on the ground:huh i accidently let out the clutch when i bent over to look under the fender where the battery goes and it turned off. i pick up my battery and its fine and everything and then i realize i have to push my quad all the way up my driveway. that sucked. we had the battery zip tied on, and stapped. the oonly way it could have come off was because of me getting close to bottoming out or something? idk but i thought id share my story for today with you guys:o

I could ship you 1 of the 2 stock battery holders I have.
$15 shipped. LMK

Ruby Soho
12-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i would look for a better(like the stock) mountting system since you already know the zip ties don't hold for very long

well this time i doubled up the zip ties, (meaning i made it longer by adding one to another) and did the same horizontally.

its fine now, thanks for the offer for the stock one though

johnsls
12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
I got your pm but your box is full. Not sure why you want it zip tied.. I have two and I'll give you one for FREE

LMK

Ruby Soho
12-08-2006, 01:46 PM
well its because i have the box, but the two things you wrap around are ripped. so i used zip ties instead