PDA

View Full Version : MO, KS, IA and Nebraska Riders Especially LOOk!

fandl450r
12-06-2006, 09:41 AM
http://huskeroffroad.com/horc/bin/horc.html

1. Good, news, the long awaited motocross track was approved and we now have $400,000 to start the project this year. We hope to break ground in the next two months. The initial designs have already been submitted.

2. This will be one of the best mx tracks in the United States. It will be of national caliber. It will include a 1.5 mile track on approximately 120 acres,lights, a bike wash, asphalt parking for over 400 vehicles, racer showers, scoring tower, incredible landscaping, 41 bike start gate, in ground sprinkler system, open 08:00 to 21:00 daily, access to soccer fields, baseball fields and all of the amenities of the abbot sports facility.

3. The Husker Off Road Club will be intimately involved in track design and weekly maintenance of the track. Our club, which is a not for profit organization, will donate $20,000 to the Abbot Sports Complex which will open up the $400,000 federal grant to begin construction in the next two months.

Taken from the website.

This is amazing, I've been waiting and praying for something like this and finally, I'll have a sick track literally down the block from me. It should be insane when it's all done, and best of all quad riders are welcome! :)

JRP
12-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by fandl450r
http://huskeroffroad.com/horc/bin/horc.html

1. Good, news, the long awaited motocross track was approved and we now have $400,000 to start the project this year. We hope to break ground in the next two months. The initial designs have already been submitted.

2. This will be one of the best mx tracks in the United States. It will be of national caliber. It will include a 1.5 mile track on approximately 120 acres,lights, a bike wash, asphalt parking for over 400 vehicles, racer showers, scoring tower, incredible landscaping, 41 bike start gate, in ground sprinkler system, open 08:00 to 21:00 daily, access to soccer fields, baseball fields and all of the amenities of the abbot sports facility.

3. The Husker Off Road Club will be intimately involved in track design and weekly maintenance of the track. Our club, which is a not for profit organization, will donate $20,000 to the Abbot Sports Complex which will open up the $400,000 federal grant to begin construction in the next two months.

Taken from the website.

This is amazing, I've been waiting and praying for something like this and finally, I'll have a sick track literally down the block from me. It should be insane when it's all done, and best of all quad riders are welcome! :)

even though im not near any of those states, that is AWSOME news! thats going to be awsome, and maybe it will become part of the national circuit!!!:devil:

fandl450r
12-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by JRP
even though im not near any of those states, that is AWSOME news! thats going to be awsome, and maybe it will become part of the national circuit!!!:devil:

Haha I know! I talked to David, the guy behind the scenes, and according to him the AMA has already approved and guaranteed them a National. :eek:

Well any quad rider is more than welcome to crash on the couch and ride there with us! It's literally 5 miles away, of all places, I can't believe it will be here, but sounds like I probably need to drop out of college and just live there. ;)

quadwanter
12-06-2006, 09:59 AM
i cant get on the link and didnt see it in your post but wheres it going to be at? I wanna look it up on google so how far of a trip it would be :D

fandl450r
12-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by quadwanter
i cant get on the link and didnt see it in your post but wheres it going to be at? I wanna look it up on google so how far of a trip it would be :D

Link is at the very top of the first post! It's going to be located in Lincoln, NE. About 7 or so hours from St. Louis!

quadwanter
12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
thats sweet...yah i couldnt get on the link because im in school and they blocked that site.. :ermm:

fandl450r
12-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by quadwanter
thats sweet...yah i couldnt get on the link because im in school and they blocked that site.. :ermm:

Weird? Well I copy and pasted the important facts! Ground hasn't been broken yet, but from the description its going to be an incredibly setup. Maybe I can convince them to get a freestyle ramp. :D

LTR450_#67
12-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Even though its all the way across the state from me I would like to see it. I wish they would build something like that on this side of Iowa. Heck if they have a National there that would be sweet!

later
Aaron

fandl450r
12-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Even though its all the way across the state from me I would like to see it. I wish they would build something like that on this side of Iowa. Heck if they have a National there that would be sweet!

later
Aaron

That's what i'm hoping! I haven't found out who's building the track yet, but they are bringing in a professional track builder. You Iowans will definitely need to head this way. ;)

bwamos
12-06-2006, 11:31 AM
That will be worth a trip from Kansas City to check out. ;)

I can't use the link form here, but I hope they don't ban ATV's from the track, or have an ATV specific track would be even better.

fandl450r
12-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Nope already checked it out! ATV's are more than welcome, and we eventually will have our own track!

TRX_450
12-06-2006, 02:25 PM
awesome....if ya dont mind, anybody who looks at this if ya would go to the kansas riders thread in where to ride and make a post...were trying to get 250 acres to put trails on and a professional grade motocross track in northeastern kansas, we have people to finance it and everything, we just need members so if you could drop by and check out the specs id appreciate it

link (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2591186#post2591186)

300EXrider356
12-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Thats awesome, I just wish it wasnt like a 4 hour drive from here:(