PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake ride this weekend

TheChknhwk
09-16-2002, 01:53 PM
I thought there was supposed to be Silver Lake Ex Riders ride this weekend, cept I can't find the thread & I'm not seeing any activity here; can someone give a shout out if they know what's up????

thanks,

Hawk

redrider808
09-16-2002, 04:25 PM
theres a few of us going up on friday .
it will be my 1st trip with the moto .
i think theres like 10 maybe going .
not sure yet of the numbers

laker_42
09-17-2002, 07:37 AM
Me and a couple of friends are heading up on Sunday. We are getting there around 1pm. Should be 1 red 400 Ex and 2 yellow polaris sportsman 500s. Possibly a couple of dirt bikes.

John

laker_42
09-17-2002, 07:37 AM
Me and a couple of friends are heading up on Sunday. We are getting there around 1pm. Should 1 red 400 Ex and 2 yellow polaris sportsman 500s. Possibly a couple of dirt bikes.

John

TheChknhwk
09-17-2002, 07:41 AM
I thought there was supposed to be some big "group ride" & everyone was staying at the state park together....oh well...

Hawk

Doibugu2
09-17-2002, 08:17 AM
I believe your thinking of the Hatfield McCoy trip, which should have about 50+ quads going.

I am leaving in 6hrs. Yes, I am counting the hours down.

TheChknhwk
09-17-2002, 08:23 AM
Nope, I wasn't - there were several guys floating around here that had exriders silver lake weekend for 21-22....

TheChknhwk
09-17-2002, 08:23 AM
Nope, I wasn't - there were several guys floating around here that had exriders silver lake weekend for 21-22.... in their sig files I meant to say...

Hawk

Taco
09-17-2002, 08:31 AM
i believe that a bunch of ohio fellers were going up there this weekend. I cant remember all the names tho

MeatHead
09-17-2002, 08:37 PM
As of right now, it is suppose to rain Fri. & Sat. But that is still a few days away, so anything can happen. But if I get a new grab bar in by Sat. and it is not raining I can make it up to Silver Lake on Sat. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see who is going to be there. If I am there you will be able to find me on a 300EX, with a loud ***** White Brother pro-meg, and a white '98 Ranger ex-cab 4X4, no trailer.
Oh yeah. I'll be the one with the orange flag :blah

SLB400EX
09-18-2002, 05:41 AM
Yeah, those Ohio guys are going this weekend.
For more info and to catch up to them, check out www.atvtime.com, the eastern states thread. (no offense EXRiders.com)
I'll holler at them for ya in the mean time......

Sherri

Jennys440'Dale
09-18-2002, 05:45 AM
Very good memory. You are right, we are heading up on Friday to the campground and then we will be riding on Saturday. There are about 13 of us (I think) who will be there. There are a variety of quads.

400ex Magnum
09-18-2002, 06:04 AM
Hawk

Sorry I haven't been responding to this thread. It was probably me that was telling you about it. I was on vacation last week and still trying to get unburied this week as well as get ready for Silver Lake. As Jenny said, a big group (about 13) of us will be heading up Friday afternoon and camping at the State Park. Look for some kind of Wayne National Forest riders sign. We will be riding the dunes on Saturday and Sunday. Again, look for the sign or the congregation of Ohio license plates. I will have my blue and gray dodge dakota quad cab pulling a two place triton trailer with 2 red 400ex's on it. Stop in or you are welcome to camp with us.

MeatHead
09-18-2002, 06:05 PM
Well, the good news is that the weather is now suppose to be 70 degrees partly cloudy on Sat and Sun here in West Michigan. So if I get my grab bar by this weekend I will try to make it out Sat, then I will be there the following week as well. Hopefully I can meet some more people from exriders this weekend.

400ex Magnum
09-19-2002, 11:23 AM
Meathead

Look for a group of Ohio plates and a sign that says something about WNF Riders.

Jim

MeatHead
09-19-2002, 12:49 PM
I'm still waiting for my grab bar. If it doesn't come in I will call the shop out there and see how they will charge to weld my other one up. So I should be there Sat. Then the following weekend, I get to go back and ride some more. Does anyone know how well the Razr's do in sand? Show I bring the worn out stock tires just in case they don't work very well?

But the weather looks like it might be wet up there. AM showers on Sat. and thunderstorms on Fri. It should make for some packed sand. I think no matter what tires I put on they are going to hook up just fine.

TheChknhwk
09-19-2002, 12:56 PM
My cousin tried to run his Razr's up there & they were miserable, break down while you're up there & buys some paddles from duneland, who knows they might even be on sale due to end of season. I don't know if I'm coming yet. I'm more likely not coming than coming, I thought it was supposed to be some big weekend that all the riders had planned out & even contemplated taking a vacation day, but the response has been underwhelming - no offense to those going.

Hawk

400ex Magnum
09-19-2002, 01:02 PM
Hawk

Most of them just don't post here. Check out www.atvtime.com and follow the links to Eastern Riding Areas - WNF Gang heads to Silver Lake. That is where most of us post. We have around 11 or 12 coming right now. Many of them are heading up tomorrow morning. I have to work until 4 and will be heading up after that.

TheChknhwk
09-19-2002, 01:06 PM
I think it was Nakomis & Red Rooster that had this weekend in their sig files & then I thought I saw a role call post about a month or so ago, but who can recall....

lil400exman
09-19-2002, 01:24 PM
man is anyone up for my muskegon trip it is saturday trails sunday mx last weekend for sep. we have about hald dirtbikes now and half quads lil over 12 riding in 1 group hurry i wanna know people! you need a dnr sticker!

lil400exman
09-19-2002, 01:27 PM
man is anyone up for my muskegon trip it is saturday trails sunday mx last weekend for sep. we have about hald dirtbikes now and half quads lil over 12 riding in 1 group hurry i wanna know people! you need a dnr sticker! also the trails are sand dunes but wooded and it has some nice jumps cmon people it has hundreds of mile of trils a trials bike secion dues and all pleeaasseeee people and the max width for atvs on all 2&3rd trails is 50 inches wide but on the high speed trails any width...:devil ;) please pm if you have questions!