View Full Version : Turbo

Quady
12-06-2006, 06:56 AM
anyone knows these guys ????

http://www.paatving.com/Articles/turboraptor/feature/turboraptor.asp

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
:macho :macho :macho :macho

12-06-2006, 08:16 AM
I saw that but for that cost you could turn a ex into a hybrid and mod the motor and makes more power than using just turbo. The 400ex motor would have to stay low compression to use turbo.

Quady
12-06-2006, 08:29 AM
:ermm: I personaly do not see a Turboed quad going on Dunes..... coz your Turbo will act like a dust vacum! lol

12-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Quady
:ermm: I personaly do not see a Turboed quad going on Dunes..... coz your Turbo will act like a dust vacum! lol

Isnt their a air filter for the turbo?

Quady
12-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Dhumpalo
Isnt their a air filter for the turbo?

How about an English lesson?

Dont say: "a air filter"

Say : "an air filter"

LMAO

and by the way, when a turbo starts spinning there is no way you could hold the tiny little sandy DOTS DOTS DOTS.

They are smaller than these ==> ............. how big is your screen?

:blah: :p

exrider008
12-06-2006, 02:45 PM

LMAO

and by the way, when a turbo starts spinning there is no way you could hold the tiny little sandy DOTS DOTS DOTS.

wow man chill. he forgot the N...o god nooo...its the end of the world. :rolleyes:

IMO i think turbos r worthless on a quad and a huge wast of money.

blasterandy
12-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Same here for the price i wouldn't put a turbo on i would go buy a yfz or a raptor. Or make and mod a hybrid like Dhumpalo said.

400exstud
12-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Agreed. You need a motor with some serious potential before a turbo will do anything. Yamaha's Apex and RX-1 sleds do well with a turbo on their in line fours (1000cc).

firefighterjosh
12-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Turbo does good for the rhino

Have you ever seen a turbo banshee??? Lets just say its very fast.

400exstud
12-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Turbo does good for the rhino

Have you ever seen a turbo banshee??? Lets just say its very fast.

Those engines have potential. The 400ex does not.

blasterandy
12-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Truthfully its not needed and a waste of money. I would do a hybrid with that type of cash. Actually i would put it into my truck. but still.

ricks450
12-07-2006, 09:09 PM
i would put a turbo on my bike . but i don't ride on dunes neither. and the 400ex does have potential. i built a 86" 230 suzuki qaudsport 4-stroke, it ran 87 mph on a stock bore. at the time it would out run every production 4-wheeler on the market, except the suzuki qaudzilla 500 2-stroke. when it hit 6th gear it started to pull away,because i run out of gear. the 400ex has alot more potential than a 86" suzuki qaudsport especially a 230. and if you could build your own turbo kit it would be cheaper. i saw a guy with his 400ex turbo and it would out run every production 4-wheeler on market today. he got beat by a highly moded raptor 700, the only bike that beat him at the track that day. it was fast!! and if you know what your doing with boost you could make any bike have alot of power. drop your compression ratio, get a boost controller and blow off valve and (imo) make it fuel injected if it ain't already because of pressurizing your carb.some may work. don,t forget the turbo and there you go but it would cost some money but it worth it to blow off on people when pass them.

Rusty91o
12-08-2006, 12:17 AM
For the most part, I think a tubo on a quad is impractical. Unless you really don't have to care about money, and you really love speed, and maybe it's for a certain situation or reason your doing it. for 4,000 dollars, I'll take that money and go buy a couple of used quads, or a nice 450 or something......Mc Donald's too. :D

Kaleigh
12-08-2006, 03:32 AM
i think a turbo would be awesome for the dunes.. i would put one on my 400ex.. as for a waste of money.. i dont think it would be.. sure you can spend you money on something else.. but having a turbo charde quad.. thats just wild.. i know ill be putting one on my 400ex later on in its life..

One_Bad_400
12-08-2006, 12:39 PM

LMAO

How bout a lesson on forums?

They're casual, nobody cares if you use slang, broken english, mis spell words, whatever. This isn't english class:rolleyes:

ricks450
12-08-2006, 04:20 PM
HOW U MAKE HP IS AIR N, AIR OUT. GO OUTSIDE TAKE UR AIRFILTER OFF UR BIKE AN REV HER UP.STICK UR HAND OVER D INTAKE HOSE. U DONT THINK DAT WILL PULL THOSE LITTLE TINY DOTS OR DUST, TROUGH UR AIRFILTER. THERE IS NO AIRFILTER DAT WIL HOLD OUT EVERYTHING. AND IF UR SO WORRIED ABOUT IT U COULD MAKE A CUSTUM PRE FILTER ASSEM. THER IS DISADVANCES AND ADVANCES 2 EVERTHING YOU DO. I WOULD SAY A TURBO OVER A ALL MOTOR B/C WIN U DONT WANT 2 B WHEREING ON UR MOTOR U CAN TURN UR BOOST DOWN WITH A BOOST CONTROLER . U CAN HAVE 2 SETTING ON UR BIKE HIGH BOOST OR LOW BOOST AT WHAT EVER U SET IT. SO WIN U DONT WANT TO SPIT DIRT N EVERBODYS FACE YOU CAN TURN IT DOWN AN JUST RIDE. ALL MOTORS, YOU CANT CHANGE ANYTHING. ITS BEATIN ON EVERYTHING THE WHOLE TIME ITS RUNNIN. AND SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO SPELL CORRECTLY . EVERBODY IS DIFFERANT.

CDCHONDAS
12-08-2006, 05:02 PM
well you will not run a K&N filter on one of those turbos because that will shred it, a UNI would filter alot more. I would like to do it just to do it but its alot of moolah to toss around and I dont have a dyno yet and I would like to have one because I would probably build the fuel system from scratch. but I can build a cool motor on gas so whats the point kinda... dunno

ricks450
12-08-2006, 05:32 PM
I HAD A HONDA CIVIC RUNNING 25 POUNDS OF BOOST ON A KN AIRFILTER DID FINE . AND ALMOST EVERY TURBO KIT I HAVE EVER SEEN ON ANYTHING IS HAD A KN AIRFILTER ON IT. IM NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT MONEY. I CANT AFFORD PUTTING ONE ON MY BIKE. AND I WOULD BUILD A FUEL INJ. MODULE TO.BUT WHAT IM SAYING IS IT WOULD BE DIFFERANT. NOT LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE'S, AND BE FAST AS HELL TO. I ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT MAKING MY OWM KIT . BUT THE TURBO I FOUND THAT I WANTED TO USE WAS $1,1OO.00 BECAUSE OF THE DEMAND.

CDCHONDAS
12-08-2006, 05:48 PM
K&N will work on a car sometimes, not an atv in dirt, dust and water, depends on your area and climate 2, turbos will look sandblasted inside after a k&n

DAVE14
12-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Too much $$$ for a air cooled ex it would get very hot fast & expire that thing in a hurry & probably suck in a lot of dust , dirt & crap a street vehicle would never have to contend with as much as an atv a hybrid would be the way to go for insane performance & longevity Ive measured the (vfr 750 v4)streetbike motor & gearbox & I think it can be done but the dual exhaust might be hard to route & I cant find one of these bikes for a deal so Ill deal with my 11;1 440 a little longer & like it , you cant ride flat out all the time anyway .

ryanh250ex
12-14-2006, 12:56 AM
I think what you guys dont realize is that a kit like this includes everything you'll possibly need, containing all new parts. A DIY job can perform just as well as that kit, for 1/4th the price if you hunt for bargains and can weld. Good luck trying to find a 450 motor to swap in for 1 grand, let alone all the other small details. Not to mention boost will put out far more power- torque specifically- than displacement ever will.

I would turbo my quad in a heartbeat, however i need some help in the suspension dept before anything else.

chad502ex
12-14-2006, 06:32 AM
anyone knows these guys ????

http://www.paatving.com/Articles/turboraptor/feature/turboraptor.asp

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
:macho :macho :macho :macho

Try KMS in Florida for turbos... :D

weve done a 502ex EFI turbo, and a 530R-EFI turbo too..