PDA

View Full Version : Rincon tranny slow to warm up and dissapearing antifreeze?

Slinky
12-06-2006, 06:15 AM
hey guys,
for the last couple weeks i've been riding a friend of mines rincon. Now this machine has performed almost flawlessly since i've been riding it, but i'm noticing an issue with the tranny. When i first start it up before riding the bike doesnt seem to want to move. You have to give it a lot of gas. But once the bike warms up it seams to be ok? I havent been able to check the tranny fluid in it yet (i plan to thursday night) but just wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem. I use it in the manual shift mode more than the auto. The auto just doesnt like to shift when i want it to.

now to the antifreeze problem..it seams to be dissapearing..no leaks, doesnt smell like its burning it. anyone have any ideas?

wolfpack91
12-14-2006, 04:50 PM
The first year models had that tranny issue.
Check the back side of the engine and see it the thermostat is leaking.

MarylandATVcom
12-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey Slinky what year Rincon?

I owned an 03 and now have a 680. The Rincons transmission shares the engine oil, So you always wanna make sure your oil is full. If your real low on fluid the machine wont wanna move. (And thats not a good thing :( -lol) Its also never a bad idea because they do share fluid to let the machine warn up for 5 minutes or so before riding.

I'm Interested in knowing what you find out?

Ive never had any real issues on the 03 But did have transmission problems with the 06. Poor shift cable adjustment from the factory trashed the gears. So Ive learned you wanna make sure your shift cable is adjusted correctly and oil level is perfect.
As far as Antifreeze, I've changed over to Evans NPG+. Manual shift mode is harder on the engine and transmission so because they share fluid you wanna make double sure your radiator is super clean. I found on the 06 when I run the dog snot out of it in manual shift mode it runs a little on the hot side and before I switched the antifreeze seemed to disappear as well? Its fine now.

~Coop

JW450R1
12-24-2006, 05:37 AM
i think honda wants u to run sythn. motor oil for delay when cold.honda says that supposed to fix or help out the issue.

rinnyrider
01-09-2007, 02:59 PM
i have an 04 and when i was loosing antifreeze the water pump had gone bad. if you need step by step instructions i can give them to you