View Full Version : whos got Christmas lights!!!

QuadJunkies
12-06-2006, 01:41 AM
Who went all out this year and decorated therehouses with lights this year? How about some trees! Let see them! :)

CHEVYZ
12-06-2006, 04:45 AM
Haha, I am lucky I remembered the Christmas tree! :p

wicked13
12-06-2006, 04:52 AM
Uh, what's Christmas? Not many Christmas trees in the desert, but I can make a snow man out of cotton balls.:ermm:

gotwarrior
12-06-2006, 04:55 AM
georgeorge always goes all out...:D He must have alot of pasients.

http://www.gtechdesign.com/

Quad18star
12-06-2006, 05:55 AM
Our Christmas tree has been up for a couple weeks now ... my girlfriend is a chritsmas fanatic . The house lights went up last weekend , but the dog chewed the extension cord so I can't plug them in until I find another . :ermm:

RidinRed420
12-06-2006, 07:45 AM
We put up our Christmas tree this week.. We had to go to 5 different places to finally get one big enough.. Then we got it home, put it up.. The next night put 1500 lights on it.. Then last night we put 5 boxes full of ornaments on it. It was so perfect, from top to bottome. We went out for an hour and a half and came home to find out that the dog had knocked it over.

at least a gallon of water over the floor, 1/2 our ornaments broken, lights all over the place, branches broke, everything on the table that it fell onto was broken, tree topper broken.. So now instead of the most perfect real tree I have ever seen, it looks more like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree.. :(

I guess thats what I get for being "the grinch who stole the christmas tree"... We pulled up to this place and I said "THATS THE TREE!" As a guy who worked there was pulling his truck up to load this tree in to his truck and take it home.. He said "If you want it.. its yours.. if not im putting it in my living room!" So it took it.. and my boyfriend called me "the grinch who stole the christmas tree" I guess karma always has a way of kickin you in the ***!

Quad18star
12-06-2006, 08:50 AM
We always put up an artificial tree , and it's amazing how small they look in the store , but when it's set up in the living room ... holy hell , it takes up half the living room . :eek2:

RidinRed420 ... you ain't seen a Charlie Brown christmas tree until you've seen our contraptions at our cottage/my parents place . Last year my girlfriend insisted on a tree for christmas , so I went out and cut down a little sappling . When I say little , I mean little .... it had maybe 4 branches to it ... looked really sick . We ended up putting it in a 2 gallon water bucket that you use when you go camping ... those nice blue ones with the tap .... then used twine to tie it to the wall so it wouldn't fall over . Added about 5 balls , a bit of tinsle and a tiny tree topper . It was a true Charlie Brown tree . I'll have to find the pictures of it from last year ... it'll make you laugh !!!!

RidinRed420
12-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star

RidinRed420 ... you ain't seen a Charlie Brown christmas tree until you've seen our contraptions at our cottage/my parents place . Last year my girlfriend insisted on a tree for christmas , so I went out and cut down a little sappling . When I say little , I mean little .... it had maybe 4 branches to it ... looked really sick . We ended up putting it in a 2 gallon water bucket that you use when you go camping ... those nice blue ones with the tap .... then used twine to tie it to the wall so it wouldn't fall over . Added about 5 balls , a bit of tinsle and a tiny tree topper . It was a true Charlie Brown tree . I'll have to find the pictures of it from last year ... it'll make you laugh !!!!

haha, I'd love to see pictures, if you can find them! My tree isn't quite that "charlie brownish" but right now it does look like it survived a tornado... we got it standing again, but were too tired to fix it.. so tonight will be dedicated to REdecorating the christmas tree. That is, if it is still standing when I get home..... *crosses fingers*

Ralph
12-06-2006, 10:16 AM
This is a guy in my town who goes all out every year. He lives on the same street ken koluko lived on before the whole limo driver murder thing.

http://www.fourfold.ca/billm/Misc/Christmas/2004/ElvisHouseInMahwah/ElvisHouse.htm

yellowzo3
12-06-2006, 11:29 AM
in a town near mine someone covers their whole front lawn in green lights and the roof in white. there isnt a bare spot on his property, and you always miss something. its crazy, he has music playing outside and everything. does a great job.

QuadJunkies
12-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
in a town near mine someone covers their whole front lawn in green lights and the roof in white. there isnt a bare spot on his property, and you always miss something. its crazy, he has music playing outside and everything. does a great job.
It takes us usually 5 days to hang our lights outside, but I ran low on time this year.
this is one of the things Im girly about is my tree. lol:D
I have antique/Victorian looking ornaments
We also buy fresh trees, Im not too fond of thefake ones.

Titanium
12-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Our Christmas tree has been up for a couple weeks now ... my girlfriend is a chritsmas fanatic . The house lights went up last weekend , but the dog chewed the extension cord so I can't plug them in until I find another . :ermm:

i know how it is...my girlfriend has practically done our whole house:eek2: .

RidinRed420
12-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

My saying is... "Christmas just aint Christmas without a REAL Christmas tree" I don't like fake ones either, no matter how good they look, they just aren't the same. Buy all the candles you want, it still doesn't smell as good as a big ol' pine tree in the house! So I always buy a real one.. my other rule is, it has to be fat and tall enough to reach the ceiling.... love having a cathedral ceiling for that reason... This years tree fell a little short at 11 1/2 feet, but thats ok, because it was (before it fell) a beautiful and perfectly proportioned tree. Now its kinda broken lol. But I'll try and fix it when I get home.

12-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
i know how it is...my girlfriend has practically done our whole house:eek2: .

My house is all dune too. All snow men and stuff. Christmis tree to but nothing of mine will be under it.

Raptor68
12-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by RidinRed420
My saying is... "Christmas just aint Christmas without a REAL Christmas tree" I don't like fake ones either, no matter how good they look, they just aren't the same. Buy all the candles you want, it still doesn't smell as good as a big ol' pine tree in the house!

Totally agree 100%...I am 28 and have never had a fake tree...there is nothing like a real tree...

12-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Raptor68
Totally agree 100%...I am 28 and have never had a fake tree...there is nothing like a real tree...

Fake trees rule. Fake dont make much a mess and they dont drink your vodka. Real christmis trees like vodka. Why idk :huh

Quad18star
12-06-2006, 01:42 PM
I'll have to see if my mom has a picture of the Charlie Brown tree from last year . I thought I had them saved on the computer , but I guess not .

Here's this year's tree . More stuff was added since this picture was taken . It's kind of hard to keep everything in place when you have a 70lbs chocolate lab that can clear a table with his tail . :ermm: This is the first year my girlfriend and I get to have a tree .... our first christmas last year we lived in an apartment and there wasn't much room .

Picture doesn't do it justice ... it looks way better in person .

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/IMG_0581.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/IMG_0582.jpg

mx428
12-06-2006, 06:55 PM
We usually put up our tree and maybe lights on like the 23rd or 24th haha, we're not that into it.

AZblaster44
12-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Finished my house last weekend. Not as much as I'd like to have done, but i got it so the porch lights blink to music this year :)

I hate fake trees too, whats worse though is I was raised with decorating the tree being a family thing with all the family decorations.. not that I'm living with my dad and step mom it looks liek we bought a display model from a store:mad:

oh and a tip to you true x-mas tree people. Soak your tree in your pool (if you have one and its not frozen over) and it will hardly drop needles:D

firefighterjosh
12-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Fake trees are the bomb. I leave the lights on ares fold it up and put it in the box. 2 weeks before xmas take it outta the box hang a few bulbs plug it in, and walla xmas tree:o

JJs450r
12-06-2006, 08:21 PM
this is all we ahve been doing the past few year but when i was little the yard was lit and so was the house pretty cool and simple the past few years

WhiteYFZ
12-06-2006, 08:57 PM
It takes us usually 5 days to hang our lights outside, but I ran low on time this year.
this is one of the things Im girly about is my tree. lol:D
I have antique/Victorian looking ornaments

wow qg thats weird my tree is exactly like that.. near the window.. and its like the same window.. is ur dining room to the right of the tree? if so, thats weird .. mine is too. .lol

i know the angel has to go.. gotta get a star...

lights are really britgher.. the flash hides em.
with flash
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/tjespo22/HPIM1004.jpg

JOEX
12-06-2006, 09:23 PM
This is only the second time i've put up lights since i've been in my my own house. First time was the first year I was a homeowner, 15 years ago. I have yet to have a tree:chinese:

QuadJunkies
12-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
This is only the second time i've put up lights since i've been in my my own house. First time was the first year I was a homeowner, 15 years ago. I have yet to have a tree:chinese:
Shame on you Joe! :p
Everyone needs a tree....

BTW.. anyone give to a charity yet? Each year we do the giving tree and I buy something (and a little extra) for a Boy and a girl who is less fortunate. I feel very fortunate to have what we do and some kids dont even have a Christmas :( Kinda makes you feel good to know you helped someone else who is having tough times.

and yes- Live trees are the best! They smell so good ! Its worth the pine needles that clog my vaccuum every year :scary:

firefighterjosh
12-06-2006, 11:57 PM

BTW.. anyone give to a charity yet? Each year we do the giving tree and I buy something (and a little extra) for a Boy and a girl who is less fortunate. I feel very fortunate to have what we do and some kids dont even have a Christmas :( Kinda makes you feel good to know you helped someone else who is having tough times.

and yes- Live trees are the best! They smell so good ! Its worth the pine needles that clog my vaccuum every year :scary:

The company I work for just did a gift drive for kids, and a Gift drive for are troops. I also give some money to the Bell ringers:)

*edit - I also just gave a guy at work free rims and tires for his car.

Trevor
12-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Here's a quick pic I snaped last night.

RidinRed420
12-07-2006, 05:59 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Quad18star
[B] It's kind of hard to keep everything in place when you have a 70lbs chocolate lab that can clear a table with his tail . :ermm: This is the first year my girlfriend and I get to have a tree .... our first christmas last year we lived in an apartment and there wasn't much room .

Picture doesn't do it justice ... it looks way better in person .
QUOTE]

Thats why I have a rottwieler, no tail = no split beers... Or at least thats what I thought.. But hes just an oversized goof, I'd say hes a little over 100lbs, but he doesn't know where his corners are.. He will just back right up, never look and back right over things... Like what prolly happened with the Christmas tree..

Nice tree though. Last year, when my boyfriend and I lived in an apt, I insisted on having a tree. So we got one that was about 3 feet tall and put it on a table in the corner. We had a really small apt, and a rotty, so even a 3 footer looked big in the room.

RidinRed420
12-07-2006, 06:13 AM

The only charities I give to are Rottwieler rescues or Greyhound Rescues, or really any dog rescue. I don't know, I really have no compassion for people, what-so-ever. I know the salvation army is a good cause, but they drive me f'n nuts standin there ringing that damn bell! But when it comes to dogs, especially rotties, I just can't help myself. I have such a soft spot for dogs.. so thats the only thing I ever give anything to.

Raptor68
12-07-2006, 06:46 AM
I don't know, I really have no compassion for people, what-so-ever.

Wow, that's kind of harsh.

My job sponsors a family every year, and everyone contributes and it provides the family with everything they need to have a nice Christmas. It's pretty cool.

HondaRancherES
12-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Nice trees! I can't have a real tree...i'm allergic to them.

QuadJunkies
12-07-2006, 11:15 AM
The only charities I give to are Rottwieler rescues or Greyhound Rescues, or really any dog rescue. I don't know, I really have no compassion for people, what-so-ever. I know the salvation army is a good cause, but they drive me f'n nuts standin there ringing that damn bell! But when it comes to dogs, especially rotties, I just can't help myself. I have such a soft spot for dogs.. so thats the only thing I ever give anything to.

I have litle compassion for some, I work in retail so that explain that! There is alot nutballs out there LOL

I however have alot of compassion for children, they have no control over lifes termoil.
Rapotor68~ thats very cool. I bet it makes you feel good to now you made someone else smile on Christmas day :)