PDA

View Full Version : 440ex

shawn-1
12-05-2006, 08:39 PM
hello, my son just bought a 400ex with a 440 kit and it needs rebuilt , it is smoking when he lets off the throttle. I was wondering if anyone with a little more experience than myself at this would know what compression piston I should put in-( 10-1, 11-1,12.5-1) or what should I use? I am also thinking about putting in a 460 stroker kit. I am new to this sight and would appreciate any info you could give me on what I can do to make my sons quad a stud on a limited budget. Thank you, Shawn

2muchquad
12-05-2006, 08:49 PM
The higher the comp ratio you'll need to run race gas.The 11 to 1 will be fine with pump.If you want to make it a "stud" and you already have the440 kit,what about adding a cam and a full exhaust if you already have a slip on?Im not sure spending the $400 for a stroker crank is worth the torque you'll get from the 20cc.Get a cam instead.If your really serious get a fcr carb,it'll probably make the biggest difference imo.Expect to pay $200 for a used one though:(

Wheelie
12-06-2006, 08:08 PM
How much are you looking to spend? Strokers aren't cheap, but the extra power is worth every penny.

Check out www.powroll.com, not the cheapest place to deal with, but they're worth the extra coin.