PDA

View Full Version : 2007 EDT schedule announced

bstuart
12-05-2006, 12:48 PM
I get to race on my home track in Mo. Awesome. Lots of changes coming over the winter, for anybody that has been there.

Heres the schedule:

Posted December 5, 2006

Extreme Dirt Track Schedule Set
The new schedule is out for the 2007 Extreme Dirt Track ATVA Nationals.

Twin Creeks in Greenbrier, Arkansas, will kick off the season on June 9, with the final round scheduled for Paducah International Raceway in Kentucky on September 23. Because of the huge response from the Midwest, promoter Terry Reynolds has moved his race in Texas to Ava, Missouri, on August 4.

Round 1, June 9
Greenbrier, AR

Round 2, June 23
Taylorville, IL

Round 3, July 7
Danville, VA

Round 4, July 21-22
Ashtabula, OH

Round 5, August 4
Ava, MO

Round 6, August 25
Elizabeth City, NC

Round 7, September 8
Franklin, PA

Round 8, September 23
Paducah, KY

©

racinggrl5
12-13-2006, 01:29 PM
I heard alot of dirt was hauled in the missouri track and i was wondering if they were planning on putting alot of jumps in it like texas and arkansas track is?

bstuart
12-13-2006, 07:25 PM
The last I heard from the track owner, there were no "big" jumps planned. He doesn't care for the high speed or big air jumps. The dirt was brought in to expand the track. Terry Reynolds and the track owner will more than likely work together on the expansion. So we will see how much Terry's influence will play out in the new layout. If I get any more info on it, I will post it here. You can also check out their website at www.ozarksatvraceway.com

race32
12-13-2006, 10:56 PM
bstuart,

How far is the track from chadwick? People could come early and ride the trails.

bstuart
12-20-2006, 05:47 PM
About 20 minutes from Chadwick.

300exQuadracer
12-29-2006, 03:00 PM
i personally like the jumps, it spreads the field out a little for the guys who have their bikes set up for both jumps and the flat track aspects of the race you can also use the jumps to your advantage and make the poeple behind you check up

racinggrl5
01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
i personally like the jumps, it spreads the field out a little for the guys who have their bikes set up for both jumps and the flat track aspects of the race you can also use the jumps to your advantage and make the poeple behind you check up

You know they do have something called motocross.. you can race. Taylorville, IL was a perfect example for good ol TT racing.

300exQuadracer
01-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by racinggrl5
You know they do have something called motocross.. you can race. Taylorville, IL was a perfect example for good ol TT racing.

dont get me wrong, the flat track is all fun, but the jumps are also nothing compared to a motocross track,
but like i said the jumps help to spread out the field on the track instead of all of us trying to run 4 wide through the corner

racinggrl5
01-04-2007, 08:37 AM
well i understand what you are saying but im talking about jumps like the big table tops etc. There is no need for all that in a EDT National... Pine lake is another good TT track and it has jumps. That track is just about perfect. im just saying there is no need for big jumps that give u alot of air. We all know it sure gives the motocross racers a big advantage.

bstuart
01-07-2007, 07:09 PM
"Four wide into the corner" is what good TT racing is all about. It is a form of open wheel racing. Taylorville was probably the best all around track I've ever raced. Loved it.

300exQuadracer
01-07-2007, 08:06 PM
everybody has they're own personal preference on how it should be run, i liked arkansas and pennsylvania the best myself, with different option lanes and some stuff to slow you down a little while still being an all out track, i'm not here to flame or be flamed on, its the EXTREME dirt track series so the jump are all fair

patterson13
01-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Im with bstuart Flattrack racing is all about setup and horsepower "high speed" smooth racing. Option lanes are nice and so are some jumps like pine lake, but those big air jumps those are BS.

Bottom line they should keep the big air jumps in MX.

Just my opinion

fhrtrx450r33
03-22-2007, 05:41 AM
Ill tell you what 300exQuadracer I dont like you attitude. Hahhahahahahahha. I think 300exQuadracer is right, dont get me wrong that going 3 deep into a corner is tight but the jump and the techinal sections are what seperate the fast from the slow and what size jump would you consider to be big. I mean a 35ft table top isnt big. I would have to say that of the tracks I raced that Ashtabula, gotta love that bowl and the sweeper after the straight.

fhrtrx450r33
03-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Hey 300exQuadracer you wanna go watch some racin this weekend up in Coldwater. Ill be at the gates. You got my fronts homie. Well I found a set to use this weekend, but let me know if you wanna go watch

300exQuadracer
03-23-2007, 05:26 PM
hey i'll bring you those mx fronts if you need em still tonight! we wont make it up but maybe in a few weeks i'll get the KX n YZ up there

airman88
05-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Im For Sure Going to make it to ashtabulo this year, it will be my first National Race. hope to see you guys there

jaspurx
06-17-2007, 08:54 AM
We are going to try to make it to Ashtabula , and Franklin Pa. We need all the info. we can get our hands on to get set-up.

Anybody have details on where the track is in Franklin Pa?
Thanks

SuzukiTT
06-20-2007, 12:28 AM
Are u and 5racing headin up??

http://www.tricityspeedway.com/