PDA

View Full Version : Does PEP make Long travels??

forum
09-16-2002, 09:05 AM
DO they?? and how much??

I know there is along wait but I have all winter to wait if they are that much better then the ELKA's. But does PEP still use Works bodies?? if so I wont buy them.

Extremeracer167
09-16-2002, 10:35 AM
I wouldnt say they are THAT MUCH BETTER then elkas. They have been aroun dlonger, and i know elkas are still working out some problems. Personally i think the wait fo rthem is a little rediculous!!

09-16-2002, 10:47 AM
if you want the best long travels go with custom axis. there smoother and ride nice.

Extremeracer167
09-16-2002, 12:09 PM
I agree....but dont let anyone else on this site see that....they will rip u a new *********. My buddy and i both have almost the same exact quad. Janssen +1 swingarm, axle, tires, the only thing differant are the shocks. We both wanted to try differant stuff. I run Axis long travel back and he runs the Elka long travel back.....im not sure what model it is....if its the elite or not.....but i weigh about 5 lbs more then him, and mine handle the big hits alot better in my mind and his. The both handle the breaking bumps excellant.....and mine sits lower than his. I personally think the Axis fronts make a better improvement then the back, but we both feel the Axis is better than Elka. But again....just my opinion, lord knows i wouldnt want the entire EXriders member list jumping down my throat because i dont run Elka. Oh well

forum
09-16-2002, 01:11 PM
If money wasn't an isue, I would get axis forsure. But Im a Canadian, SO I get Elka's 10% off without any sponsership deals. Plus I can get them in under a week. Although that doesn't really matter cause i have all winter to wait. Axis are just so much money. Are axis realy worth the Extra money?? And if i do go with Axis I gotta get the non adjusts or mybe the comp only. Dammit you guys. hhehehe, I thought i had everything planned out and now Axis are alot better GEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ... And I am not biased towards any brand, I like that elka is Canadian but if they aint as good, then the fact is they aint as good. OO yea. Whats about this long travel rear?? How do I modify the rear shock mount for this and is it alot better then stock mounting???

SOrry About askin so many questions, but I want to make sure I have a really nice machine for next season.

Extremeracer167
09-16-2002, 01:38 PM
Its hard to explain....and the only bad thing is Axis wont tell u where to move it either, they want u to take it to Lewis racing or Rocky Ridge racing to get the mod. done. But really alls u have to do is cut the old bracket off then slap it back on upside down...not saying its that easy....but thats a very brief summary. Yes the long travel shock is UNREAL compared to ANY other shock wether its just another Axis or elka. Its a major improvement. It allows u to run alot more sag....like the pros do....and that helps alot! The axis fronts really arent a whole lot more then the good elkas. and the back retails for a lil under 800....thats the long travel, compression adj. and dual rate spring. Dont go with the Rebound, takes up some of the travel. But thats what i have.....and LOVE IT!!! And its only about....50-70 more then the elka with the same features.

forum
09-16-2002, 01:52 PM
You wouldn't happen to have a picture would you?? cause if i HAd a picture i now i could do the mods myself. I'll look around on the net thou.

Thanks extreme

Extremeracer167
09-16-2002, 03:01 PM
No i dont, i can ask some of my buddys that have done the mod. It is really just a trial type deal. Ill see if i can get the exact measurments. And then ill get them to you.

Sick0
09-16-2002, 04:52 PM
I think Bigbore is selling a set-up like that.