PDA

View Full Version : 07 450 er more power?????

brunog
12-05-2006, 08:22 AM
I put a Yoshi exhaust, Moose jet kit, and a K&N Filter. I have ITP rims and holeshots. Is there any other "bolt-on" type mods to give me more power? :confused:

ghott
12-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Have you taken the airbox lid off?

Next would be a cam...check out the HRC Cam or the Hot Cams Stage 2.

brunog
12-05-2006, 08:46 AM
I was reading up on the lid mod but I am hesitant because of the riding I do. I tend to go where mud/water are in the trails. I thought the panty hose thing over the open box might be an idea. How about changing out the sprockets?

Trying to get one up on my buddies 700R.

ghott
12-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Changing your gearing won't give you any more power. It just changes your overall gearing ratio. If you want taller gears, put a 14t sprocket on the front. If you want shorter gears, put a 39 or 40 tooth sprocket on the rear.

lumi
12-05-2006, 09:49 AM
if your gonna keep the lid you gonna lose a bit of power but doing the panty hose over the lid is a great start!

putting either a hot cams stage 2 or a hrc dropin cam is great aswell.... or the hrc kit minus the header cuz u got the yoshi header right? than your gonna be riding

-lumi

brunog
12-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes, I got the header with it. What would the cost be of getting the cam kit installed?

ghott
12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Free, if you do it yourself :).

www.rockinhorseweb.com

Then click on "TRX HOW-TO Guides"

CHEVYZ
12-05-2006, 01:23 PM
The cam is super easy to install and is the best way to get the most out of your engine. The HRC cam is a great help both in power and how the bike runs overall. No matter the rider or run, I could consistantly pull 3 or more bikes on my buddies 06 with the top of the line Yoshi pipe, rev box, and airfilter with just my HRC 450r. He put a cam in his and now it rips it up really well. Helped alot with previous issues as well.

Beautiful bike BTW. I just got mine.