PDA

View Full Version : TT racing this weekend, got a question

MotoRacer
09-16-2002, 06:50 AM
I just got a cannondale moto 440. I usually race MX, so I don't want to buy anything for tt, but is there anything i can do to the quad to make it better ready..the track is packed dirt with 250' straights...no jumps..its just an oval track. Is there anyway I can lower it a bit to stick to the ground better? Any other tips you guyz have for winning the race? Thanks for the help.

Moto

fourwhls
09-16-2002, 07:04 AM
If there aren't any jumps I have a solution for you... Find a set of 400ex front shocks and put them on. That will lower your front significantly. Stock EX shocks are pretty abundant so you shouldn't have trouble findind a set around the track.
All you can do with the rear is loosen the retaining ring on the shock. Being that the rear suspension is linkless in the rear there is really no way of lowering it without altering the shock.
If you plan on getting into Flat track racing you will need to get a swaybar to be competitive. Tires are also a must have.
I have a good friend that runs a moto, and we have had a **** of a time setting his bike up for TT. Another tidbit of info for the future. We have asked Elka to design and provide us with a kit that consists of springs and collars to replace the stock rear spring. This will lower the bike the right way. The way I told you above will work if there aren't any jumps, but it will leave your shock spring loose. If you hit jumps and entend the susupension it could bind up.

Hope I've helped, Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.