PDA

View Full Version : Pic of my 250R

KFX400 RACER
12-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Here is a picture of my 250R. Still have not had time to see what is wrong from my other post titled "Somethings Wrong". It still does not run right and has been to cold outside to work on in the garage. Been to busy also with work.

It needs new tires and rear rims since those are bend up pretty bad on the inside. It was like that when I bought it. Also need to get a new kill swicth since I have green tape holding it on since the plastic piece broke was broken on it when I got it so I fixed it for know till I get a new one.

But other than that I love the quad and will never get rid of it as long as I can get the damn thing running right.

It is either jetting like everyone said in my last post or a ignition problem.

Will try to work on it this weekend and I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks for all your help you guys have gave me. Its greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Jake

KFX400 RACER
12-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Forgot to add that the clutch cable is like that since I was waiting for a new one since the clutch perch was cracked. I got one off ebay and had it the next day after I took pics. LOL

12-05-2006, 06:40 AM
looks clean...very nice R, how much did u pay for it?

KFX400 RACER
12-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I bought it it around 2 years ago when 250Rs where going for big money and were hard to come by since most of the pro riders were buying them up and riding them.

Now we are lucky to get 2 to 3 grand for our bikes now. I still see fully modded mx ones go for 5 grand. I wish I would have just waited and found a fully mx one instead of trying to build this one up alittle at a time but it is fun working on it.

I got mine for $2650 which was not bad at the time. Its a 87 and was actually pretty much the same bike as now but I added the seat cover, fmf pipe, fmf silencer, and aluminum air box.

The motor was said to just been refinshed when I bought. The guy said it was done from a local honda dealer. It is a 254cc but looks like it has stock porting. It said for a couple of years then and was taking care of pretty good so. I was happy with the deal.

My next things on the list before summer is new tires and rear beadlocks rims. Also getting a new kill switch.

But the first thing is getting her running right.

I have never heard of MMF Racing since I have a set of nerf bars unless the guy just put those stickers there and is totally something different.

12-05-2006, 08:23 AM
yup i got my 310 for 2800 about 3 years ago and have redone it and i know when i sell it i will lose money, but i just dont ride enough to dump more money into mine...i wish i had a better rear shock and extended axle but oh well

Scott-300ex
12-06-2006, 03:08 PM
To cold? I was puttin in a tranny, auto to stick swap in a mustang 2 nights ago, outside in 15-20 degree's. LoL.

Your tires and wheels look fine to me, if you'll pitch them throw them my way, cuz I need new rear tires, I slashed a hole in them in my last race and the snows here, melted now, but gonna come back and I need tires.

You got like a +1 swinger on that? Looks good dude.

KFX400 RACER
12-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Just do not feel like working outside on it since I work outside all day at work.

The rear rims are dented big time on the insides and the rear tires are as bald as they could get. I wish they had tread on them. They are gbc shredders on the rear. The fronts are mostly gone to.

I am keeping the stock front rims since they are still good.

It has a rpm dominator axle and the front rims are flipped around.
It has a stock 87 swingarm which is a 1 inch longer than the 88 and 89 swingarms.

Wheels and tires will come in the springtime when I start riding it again.

Thanks for the post since I have over 185 views and only 2 people posted. LOL