PDA

View Full Version : PSP Owners...

ugottabayou
12-04-2006, 06:08 PM
So I've been thinkin about gettin an IPOD eventually... But I was talkin to some guys in class today and they were talkin about the PSP's. They talked me into one instead of an IPOD, because they said for the same price the PSP will store music, store movies, play the videogames, and even surf the internet on a wireless connection. Plus there are more chips to buy that you can upgrade the memory, or have one that has certain movies on it. Same price, more capability, sounds good to me!

Those of you who have PSP's how do you like them?

Ralph
12-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Its alot of fun but when i got mine memory was expensive as chit for it. I had a 1 gig stick wich was still pretty good. Nowadays you should beable to pick up a bigger card much cheaper.

Also, i got lucky getting a first gen system (Firmware 1.5) so i can load emulators and all kinds of other programs on it. They sure are fun but its just another gadget. I believe mine is in my closet somewhere....

Music wise i would get something more specialized for music use( not an ipod, they blow).

Look into something such as the IRiver. They are great quality and competitively priced too!

The ipods are too fragile. Screens break often etc. They are marketed extremely well but built at a level i wouldnt even consider buying. Hell i got one as a gift and guess where it is. In the box...(selling it didnt feel right)

orca0294
12-04-2006, 06:31 PM
I have both an Ipod and PSP.

The psp just sits around. If your planning on carrying it around I wouldn't really count on it unless your putting it in a coat pocket or something. Its way to big to be carrying in your jeans if you ask me. Its cool that you can go on the internet but most large size pages will not open and come up with a message something like " there is not enough memory..". Also, everything for a psp costs more money.. memory card, games, and movies on psp formatted disk. I don't think Ipods suck as someone else stated above, I've dropped both the mini I had before and my video and they never had anything wrong with them. Those new Microsoft zunes seem decent but also large. If your not going to go with an Ipod or PSP then go with the IRiver. If I were you I'd stick with your original desicion of the IPod.

Ralph
12-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Not to argue but i feel i should explain my problem with IPods.

It all started with the OG Mini's. I thought they were neat too until they suddenly stopped working. Upon further inspection they are made like crap. I took one apart and they were put together so bad. Inside the little board where you would plug in your headphones where held on just by its connector. This is what usualy just wore out and stopped working. I just didnt like the way they were made. If i, 17 at the time could see such a weakness why couldnt they?

aside from the mini's ive seen countless ipods hard drives just poop out.

On the later models like the nano they were just made to be pretty and small. Two friends broke their screens just from being in their pocket.

My roomates 30 gig just split in half, even with the case.

Maybe im bias but ive seen too many of them break.

72 chevelle ss
12-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Hell, the screen on my nano broke last week while it was in my pocket at at school. They are way too fragile. You either baby them like hell to keep them lasting, or just end up with a broken one.

A A R O N
12-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
IPods.

Upon further inspection they are made like crap.

Lol, I've never been impressed with them either:p

gumby2461
12-04-2006, 07:54 PM
i own both although i like the psp i never use but with the ipod on the other hand i use every single day for multiple hours most every day...i like the ipod more but its nice having both

Rider-trx_250ex
12-04-2006, 07:57 PM
i bought my ipod mini a couple years ago and it still works fine. i've dropped it a few times and it put some decent dents in it but it still works like the day i bought it. it occasainally freezes sometimes but all i have to do is reset it. plus the battery lasts almost forever. in november of last year i was at a party at the college and i won rake yohns nano. They are nice but the battery on all the color scren ipods are not as good as the minis, which lasts me for days. but the headphones on the ipods, well there prone to blowing out as soon as the warrenty expires. i dont have a psp but was considering getting one, the memeroy sticks will probably cost alot. thats probably the only downfall. but if u are willing to spend some $ there are 4gb external hard drives u can buy.

troutman561
12-04-2006, 09:05 PM
I have the nano and have dropped it lots of times, never had a problem, maybe I got lucky?