PDA

View Full Version : changes for " 07"

rookiewrench
12-04-2006, 04:39 PM
I was wondering if Cobra has made any changes to their 70 quad. I am interested in the quad but I hear that there are swingarm and cooling problems. Has Cobra addressed these issues? If I was to purchase on what would be the first thing that I would have to address, gussets, suspension, clutch , ect. ect. Thanks!!

mxkids
12-05-2006, 08:07 AM
we have some very good changes for 07. First of all motor has more material around the crank for ability to stroke with reliablitiy. Kick starter has been moved up 2mm for swingarm clearance. Rear engine mount is beefier. Better front brakes with adjustable lever. Larger radiator 450 style. Frames have more chromoly with improved front motor mount. Improved rear axle. New silencer with stronger mounting points. Better swingarm bushings for longer life. New thumb throttle assembly for less maintance and rider friendly. We are currently testing different clutches and clutch materials for longer life.

So as far as having to do anything to an 07 you would have to get the auto clucth if you are running the production class. Other than that you should not have to do anything else unless you wanted to change bars, grips, ect.

If you have any more questions please feel free to call me 24/7 at 256-766-4789.

Brandon Tittle

bowtiedmax
12-13-2006, 09:56 PM
What does a Cobra look like? Are they fast ?? HA HA

MERRY CHRISTMAS

mxkids
12-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Tell Jesse Bubba says Merrry Christmas.

Brandon

hondarider110
01-17-2007, 03:49 PM
my neighbor has a cobra 70 and th thing will keep up with my blaster until 5th gear powerband very nice quads