PDA

View Full Version : few ? about were to buy rings for my 440 kit, handlebars, shocks

KFX440ROX
12-04-2006, 03:43 PM
hello everybody i have a few question, first off i have a 03 ltz/kfx (have both bodies lol) and the guy i bought it from said it has a thumper racing 440 kit and well me and my dad took the top of the engine apart because i have like 50 compression and i probly should have like 100-120 and the piston looks good no holes or anything burned in it i need to change the rings though and i cant find were to get the right size the top ring/first ring is .98mm thik the 2nd ring is 1.18mm thik and the oil ring/3rd ring is 1.90mm and im not sure if it is a thumper kit on top of the piston it says like 93.92mm idk is there anything to look for to find out the brand mabe if i post pictures my second question is there any aftermarket handlebars that have the same OEM bend as the stock bars because the my handlebars are little bent from the other guy fliping it because i dont want to mess buying like +2 handle bar clamps and stuff and my last question is my friend just got a DVX yesterday but he dosent like how the shocks are bouncy and im have 05 ltz shocks on my and other friend has a 400ex which wasnt as smooth as mine but better then his DVX he wanted to get somthing better but not spend much and i know the 400ex shocks work on the DVX but are they better then the dvx anyone have opions on this sorry for so many questions thanks for any help

indyZrider
12-04-2006, 05:04 PM
tag makes a bar called the X-5 in the Z400 bend. they are awesome! i have them and love em. the only thing is they have a cross bar so they are stronger but you may have to buy a dash panel to move your lights and key. the shocks that came on the 05 and newer Z,KFX's are the best. ones without the piggies are not even close to being comparable. tell him to go to the central and look in the for sale section somebody is selling a set right now. they are worth every penny. as far as the rings i dont know a picture would probably help with someone who has piston experience. you might try asking on the central also.

KFX440ROX
12-05-2006, 05:33 PM
alright thanks for the help, idk i think im goin to have to get a new BB kit now because we cant find out this brand of piston, it is a 420 kit well thats what couple of guys up in the city said that builds these ATV's but im not sure if im goin to buy athena or a wiseco kit i figured i could look it up but any ones 2 cents is wecome

indyZrider
12-05-2006, 06:20 PM
go with the athena kit. its more reliable.

soberagain150
12-05-2006, 11:43 PM
as for shocks... if he wants a better ride get the honda 450r shocks... they perform outstanding compaired to stock shocks. lookin at $200-$250. find em on ebay or thru forums from people selling them. bolt right up. they fit the 400ex quads too but with the 400ex's u need to grind them down a little. otherwise the 05-06 shocks would help as well.. only ur prolly guna spend 200-250 again. heh hope that helps

kyle

soberagain150
12-05-2006, 11:45 PM
also... there are settings on the front and rear shocks... read the manual it'll tell you how to adjust them for your certain ride

KFX440ROX
12-06-2006, 02:54 PM
talk to this other guy in the city he said he will garatee that he can get me the rings for it so i guess im goin to be doing that and i have to get new shims for it the people before me riged it so ya thanks every one for all the help