PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Pen Gap, Mena AR?

MX26
09-16-2002, 12:19 AM
Has anyone been to these trails lately? they're about 3 hours from me, and I've been wanting to get back up there before my 400 is "too MX". I heard that they closed a large portion of the #2 trail, which was the best one.. Any intentions of reopening it? I know alot of us guys from here want to come swim in that cold-as-he!!, clear water up there at the Blue Hole.

Razorback
09-16-2002, 01:24 PM
hey man - a bunch of us just went there this past weekend (just got back yesterday). a couple of the trails are still closed. i don't remember the trail numbers, but "redrider ex" does, maybe he will respond. the ones that are closed are good trails, though according to him, but there are so many other good trails. we didn't get through half of them.

i talked to the owner of wpg campground and he said it would be a while before they opened the closed trails back up. it's all tied up right now with the tree huggers :(

we did get down to the blue hole. i'll have a couple of pictures of it later, but none of us got in. most of us were dangerously close on having enough gas to get back to camp. redrider actually ran out of gas. anyway, we'll be planning another trip back there for sure.

[edit] by the way, i just put my bigger tires on and my mx machine was able to do fine. the trails are plenty wide for wider machines...

MX26
09-16-2002, 02:18 PM
Scott, That's cool. Man I love that place! Y-City(bout 30 miles on down the road from Mena) has some trails, but they're not nearly as good. There are a LOTTA guys from atvconnection.com forums that go to Mena often, and they know the place like the back of their hand. It sounds like that there are sooo many miles of trails that aren't even on the map.. I'd like to take a week and ride them all, but the only time possible is holidays, or spring break, and I'm taking Intro to Criminal Justice spring break this year...

Shoot me some pics when you get them developed. The last time I was there my Banshee was still scary fast to me, but we had a blast. There's just something about going 4th gear WFO down some mountain trails at 11:30PM that makes life seem to be REALLY sweet.

Razorback
09-16-2002, 03:35 PM
yeah david, we'll have to head up there sometime. have to get daniel and dutch to go also. the trails with all the freakin jumps are a blast...

MX26
09-16-2002, 04:00 PM
I'm not so sure Dutch would like to go. I don't think it's his cup of tea. Partially cause he's never done it before, and partially cause he's just a geek. Daniel and I both love it. Better get there quick, cause most of the trails are closed when hunting season starts.

Razorback
09-16-2002, 04:04 PM
lol :D

it'll probably be spring before i can go again. college football, quad racing, and holidays have got me booked through the end of the year. we want to have another exriders ride there in the spring, so that might be a good time, but we could also go another time, too.

i certainly don't want to be mistaken for big game out in the deer woods :D :devil

redrider ex
09-16-2002, 05:36 PM
the trails that are still closed are sections of 2 and 02 but we found many more trails that i didn't even know was there and i have been there 10 times we rode 145 miles while we were there.:cool:

MX26
09-16-2002, 09:19 PM
I think you sound like you're applying for the job(no pay, only fun) as a trail directer. Is that what it sounds like to you Scott?

I'm ready to roll.

TravEX
09-17-2002, 05:41 AM
he knows the trails, i can vouch for that.

Razorback
09-17-2002, 06:24 AM
yeah, i second that. he knows his stuff.

Tc
09-18-2002, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah he knows the trails, On the way back from the BLue Hole we thought 4 of the riders got lost, No Bronson just knew a better/faster way out. Yeah the man knows the trails up there.

Later
Tc

Razorback
09-19-2002, 10:49 AM
:grr and we're not waiting next time :D...we left all worried about you guys and then we get back to camp and you're already there...it was funny though, because we were shocked to see that ya'll beat us back.

MX26
09-19-2002, 12:00 PM
Last time I was there, it rained on us all day Saturday, and mostly sunday. The creek behind the make-shift campground was so flooded my Banshee almost drown in it! It was a blast though. Some guys from another country were filming, I water-skipped about 1/2 way across, then started going down. Some kid on a Recon tried it, but the current picked his front tires up off the ground, floated him a little bit, and then turned him around just to go out where he came in.

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a 400EX or a 94 Honda Shadow.. Pretty tough. What do you guys think?

TravEX
09-19-2002, 08:05 PM
mx26- 400EX!!!!!!

Scott- hehe, me, bronson, and grant were trying like heck to beat you guys back, and bronson ran outta gas TWICE and we still beat ya'll, LOL,,,later

Razorback
09-20-2002, 07:08 AM
mrtunes - i think you guys had it plotted all along :cool:

david - keep the 250r and get the shadow :) seriously, that would be a tough decision. i would love to have a street bike, but my wife would never let that happen :mad:

MX26
09-20-2002, 12:50 PM
That sounds like a good plan. I rode the Shadow to lunch today.. Geeze that thing sounds sick :) Its pretty rough though, so I think I'll just have to stick with a 00 EX and some Elka's ;)

eldoexrider01
09-29-2002, 08:11 PM
yeah me redrider ex and mr tunes beat all yall back and bronson ran outa gas and i pushed him thru the campground from the road.

MX26
09-30-2002, 08:20 PM
Things are rolling around here :):)

Something missing? It'll be back... Soon... Very, very soon. Better, faster, and cleaner than ever.