PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you can about these!

Chris S.
12-04-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't know why but I keep thinking about these KFX700's. I would like to get another quad to throw on the trailer when we go to the dunes. It seems like it would be a nice back up quad or a good quad for somebody new to riding to putt around on. I have never ridden one or talked someone who has. Please share any info from your expierences with them so I can make up my mind. I am also considering another 400ex or one of the other 400's or even a predator 500. Thanks!

Family Guy
12-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I had the chance to get a lot of seat time this summer on a family members 700 and I would not own one. I am sure there are people out there that love these tanks. They have nice smooth power but handling and everything else sucks. Might be a good quad if you are a large person.

JohnBMS
12-05-2006, 06:16 PM
I have 2 kfx700 and i love them, I race the Utility unlimited class at the GNCC's and I think there alot of fun, I had 400ex, yfz450, and 450r Honda's and I think this is the easiest quad to ride, Just hit the gas and go. I think it would make a good bike to have for an extra, Just because anyone can ride it. and they go like Hell if you want

PHYSCORIDER
01-01-2007, 09:20 AM
I HAVE A KFX700 AND WE LOVE IT. I ALSO HAVE A 40OEX, AND A SEVERALLY MODIFIED WARRIOR 350. I HAVE RIDDEN SEVERAL HONDA 450R'S AND THE YFZ450. I WAS NO THAT IMPRESSED. BUT MY WARRIOR KEEPS UP WITH BOTH THOSE QUADS WITHOUT A PROBLEM.
I DID HAVE TO RE ADJUST THE TOE IN ON THE FRONT TIRES TO HELP IT RIDE BETTER ON THE TRAILS. I LIKE THE KFX700 A LOT BETTER. IT IS COMFORTABLE AND RIDS GREAT. PLUS IT HAS A LOT OF POWER. AND ANYONE WIH SOME COMMON SENSE CAN RIDE IT. THE ONLY DOWN SIDE ON THE KFX700 IS THE WEIGHT. IF YOU GET IT HUNG UP OR STUCK. IT IS A HEAVY QUAD TO TRY TO LIFT BY YOURSELF. OH YAH THE KFX700 IS A LITTLE WHEELIE HAPPY IF YOU GET ON IT VERY HARD FROM A DEAD STOP.
BUT ON THE OTHER HAND THE NEW 400EX WITH REVERSE IS A GREAT ALL AROUND QUAD. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION.

Ruby Soho
01-01-2007, 10:01 AM
no need for caps there:)

the 700 would be a good backup especialy for new riders

Heybo
01-02-2007, 07:00 PM
The 700 is a great all around quad. You can dune ride, trail ride, work with it and play. I have pulled an atv disc with mine and I've also jumped over 80ft. Last year, I had my Cannondale Moto down for a rebuild when the state arenacross series started and I even raced the first two races with it. It was kind of a hand full on a tight arenacross track, but I still got 5th in both of those first two races.... of course I never finished less than 3rd when I got my Moto back together. The worst thing about a stock 700 is the shocks..... they're too stiff for trail riding and bottom out extremely easy if you try and soften them up. I put a full set of fully adjustable Ohlins along with +2 a-arms and axle on mine. HMF dual exhaust with a little tinkering with the carbs and air box will really wake the 700 up. Also run 23 inch straight blade paddles if you do any sand drags.

dixon_cass
01-13-2007, 09:08 PM
where does the power rate at on a kfx700? will my stock 400ex beat it? i want to get one for my wife and an extra bike for me. i heard they are slow but i think it would be fast. they look bad *** to. i like doing long wheelies will a stock one suit me there?
:devil:

dixon_cass
01-13-2007, 09:09 PM
where does the power rate at on a kfx700? will my stock 400ex beat it? i want to get one for my wife and an extra bike for me. i heard they are slow but i think it would be fast. they look bad *** to. i like doing long wheelies will a stock one suit me there?

01-15-2007, 07:13 PM
and more... :[/url]
regards, Anpo

ibthegator
01-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Not sure where you heard they were slow but they aren't.
Maybe a little slower than a new raptor.
The main thing as mentioned is the shocks.
I have lowered mine front and rear, relpaced shocks front and rear and replaced the crappy stock tires with razrs.
Made all the difference in the world.
Didn't feel it was necessary to do any engine work, although I did do a little clutch work.
They are a blast to ride.

Originally posted by dixon_cass

z-mann
01-17-2007, 08:29 AM
They run with any sport quad out if you get into the motor.

dixon_cass
01-17-2007, 02:23 PM
i just got my new 700 home. wow i love it!!!!!!!!!! its much different from my 400ex. im a bigger guy and the room is much better than my ex. i think i will have lots of fun with this one. i bought it for my wife to ride to. i think its going to be a handfull for her. she only weighs 120lbs. you guys were right the power is awesome for a stock bike. i havent even got on it yet cause of brakein. thanks for the info on the bike!!!! haha now a kawasaki is in the stable dwrafin my ex. peace out ride hard

cass:D

ibthegator
01-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Congrats on your purchase.

Heybo
01-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Go ahead and buy you and aftermarket grab bar. The stock is junk and you WILL tear it off.

dixon_cass
01-19-2007, 03:25 PM
yah i wanna get a grab bar and bumper. do they make a slipon pipe that i can use the stock headpipes? and just keep it a single sided exhaust. im lookin for good sound at a good price. how hard are these thing to jet? i know there is 2 carbs but is it a pain in the butt to jet them? i would like to go slipon and K&N. let me know what yah think guys. im in a whole new world with the twin motor. also are these motors pretty tough? i have a tendency to run things pretty hard. will i tear this one up or is it a good reliable machine? thanks

cass:blah:

ibthegator
01-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Have you been on kawieriders.com
there is a lot of very good info there especially on the V force
There is a good used exhaust system right now in the classifieds that I was gonna buy but I think I am going to pass. It is a complete system with a single pipe like stock. Great price I thought.
It is a White Bros. Carbon Pro for around 250 bucks. New is around 500-600 bucks.
I like PRM for bumpers/skid plates grab bar etc.
PRM-ATV.com
As far as the engine goes.....you know it is hard to answer but it is a strong motor.
After you get used to the bike you can stat experimenting with the primary clutch spring. I am now getting ready to change again for the 3rd and prolly final time.
I am setting it up for more power down low and mid and lose top speed since my riding is mostly tight woods, rocky hill climbs, and big coal pile hill climbs. I seldom go top speed on the bike.

DANVAN
02-22-2007, 05:58 PM
My friend bought a 700, this thing is big and fast, too big for me to feel comfortable on, Im 5-6 and 170lbs.

He had custom dual exhaust put on it, re-jetted the carb, and a K&N intake on it, it is an animal, and sounds more like a V8 performance engine then a quad.

He did have to play around with the shock adjustments a bit before he was happy with it, but I think he is more then satisfied with the speed and power of it.

Ill stick with my 300ex, a lot easier to handle on the tight trails we ride. He found it was a bit wide for some spots.

CamoKVF700
03-31-2007, 12:15 PM
I have a Prairie 700 and it's very similar to the V-Force. The V is lighter and doesn't have 4x4. I never thought I could use one for where I normally ride but I bought a 2004 V-Force the other day. It is built for the sand and I got a good deal on it. I can't wait to try it out.

Congrats on your purchase. Shocks should be your first purchase and I wouldn't buy anything but a full exhaust system for it.

dixon_cass
04-07-2007, 06:50 PM
i know i know i want a full system but $ is the issue. i would like DMC aliens they sound awesome but so much money. i think im gonna leave it stock for now still lots of fun to ride. im not so much on spending thousands on a bikes parts any more. i just love to ride. got a baby in the house and i need to think about getting him a bike in a couple years. thats so much more fun than pipes and bumpers. cant wait to teach my boy how to ride!! :D

KTM265
04-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Riding with the kids is where it's at...I use to tear up the MX track with my V-Force, racing every weekend...Now both my boys are riding so I have 10 times more fun taking them out and teaching them how to ride...My oldest my try to race in the Iowa ATV Hare Scramble Series...might be a father son race day.

As for how tough the motors are...The one in my machine now is the original stock motor. I have done no internal mods to the motor such as a BBK...Mostly bolt on and tuning. I have 2 seasons of MX racing, Hare Scrambles, a 12 Hours of ATV America and we lasted all 12 hours. One 4 hour race that was we lasted 2 hours before I crashed out...running wide open pretty much the entire time...and thousands of miles of trails. It doesn't use any oil, always starts and runs strong...so yes, these machines will last.