PDA

View Full Version : I need a home computer

tim colston
12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I started looking on ebay for a home comp. Well I need some help from any and all comp. gurus. I am looking for a computer that must have a DVD burner / CD burner, able to connect to high speed, ipod cap., and I would like to upload videos and such. Please point me in the right direction. I currently use a dell @ work and I was wondering about Apple comp. I would like to here from you apple owners I will not hesitate to make the switch. Thanks for the help.

T

Rip_Tear
12-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Apples computers a lot different then a regular PC and have some compatiblity issues, so unless you are willing to deal with those kind of problems stay with a PC.

In your situation I would suggest going with a Dell, their reasonably priced and would have everything you need. It's much more hassle free, you get warrenty and tech support.

ugottabayou
12-04-2006, 02:57 PM
I get annoyed with my mac school computer with compatability crap. A lot of things just won't work with it. I'd stick with a PC.

I am ordering a Dell Inspirion E1505 laptop with all the goodies on it. With some of the discounts Dell is running all the time they are a great deal I think. I loaded my laptop up with the fastest processor, best video and sound card, HD screen, all the wireless and bluetooth stuff, DVD burner, 160GB Hard Drive... and a carbon fiber quick snap cover! Pretty much all I could load into an Inpirion 1505. The regular total for that laptop is about $2500. With the discounts they are running, plus another discount my mom gets with her work, I'll be getting it for $1600, with free shipping and a free printer.

Find your budget, go to http://www.dell.com/ and build yourself what you want.

orca0294
12-04-2006, 04:14 PM
I don't have a Mac but I love them. If your planning on gaming don't go for the Mac but otherwise its a great computer and I'd reccomend a Mac especially for computer design; photoshop, illustrator, fireworks, dreamweaver, etc. Right now I run a computer I built but my next computer will be a Mac. Also, if you do buy a Mac and you really dislike the OS (operating system) you can run windows on the same hard drive while elimating or keeping Macs original OS. Another thing you need to let us know is your budget consider macs are quite expensive.

WhiteYFZ
12-04-2006, 04:53 PM
GET A MAC. YOU WILL LIKE IT AFTER YOU GET USED TO IT... I PROMISE YOU THIS. Look into MAC.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=C1211F78&nclm=iMac

tim colston
12-05-2006, 05:48 AM
thanks for all the suggestions, anyone else?

gohstmofo6696
12-05-2006, 07:18 AM
ubid.com there all refurbs but are great i have one for my own i got for 300 bucks:eek2:. ive had mine for like three years now and nothing went wrong with it.

12-05-2006, 08:11 AM
stay away from mac. they are for hippies and teenage girls