PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about 87 250trx

all4jesus1122
12-03-2006, 11:58 PM
hello, i just bought a used Honda 87 250TRX, for 500$ it was raced i. it has been upgraded alot

NEW
+3+1 American Star racing front end with 400EX Shock conversion,
extened swing arm with +4 Durablue Axle, Renthal handle bars

i think it has been bored because there is new seals. or at least was reabuilt once.
it runs rough

My question is what should i upgrade and put into this. i have been riding my whole life, but i am new to working on bikes myself but love to do it and can.

I want to know what carbs, exhaust, enigne parts, performance parts ect. should i put in to it

should i rebuild the whole engine.

I do alot of trail riding, and like to get up and go.

how much do you think these up grades that came with it cost total.

do you think i should just get a 400ex or rebuild this.[SIZE=3][SIZE=4][FONT=arial][FONT=times new roman]

ZSNOW
12-04-2006, 05:51 AM
well all them upgrades put together are about 2 times as much as u payed for the whole quad.size doesn't matter if you think thatu don't have enough power out of a 250 buy the 400 but if you have what you want for power then stick with what u got.i mean up here in hick town haha all we care about is power cuz we all party and drag race.everyone round here that i know has a quad and no matter what size they just love them so it doesn't really matter with what size u got.

2muchquad
12-05-2006, 12:26 PM
If you got it and you want more then build it up a bit,why just buy a 400 like some people will say when you'll want to build that too.It'll never be fast enoug no matter what you ride.:D

ryanh250ex
12-05-2006, 03:54 PM
sounds like you got a good deal. any running quad= 500 bucks

as for roughness clean and re oil the air filter, new spark plug, i would also clean the carb and all of its orifices. If none of that works i would look into adjusting the valves (they could be loose/tight) and/or looking into an electrical problem perhaps.

After you get it running correctly, I would look into getting a 400ex carb, as well as 400ex a-arms/shocks and also a 2001 raptor rear shock. you could totally transform the way it handles and performs for less than 1000 . Sounds like alot seeing as what you got the quad for, but stuff like suspension and mild performance stuff is money well spent. As for an exhaust, try looking for a used T-4 or an HMF exhaust, both sound great (although a bit on the loud side) and perform very well. Stay away from products like DG and Cobra.

I dont ride much anymore but I used to do alot of riding in tight trails, where a 400ex even is kind of overkill. depending on just how tight it is, a 250-300cc vehicle running well and tuned right will have enough go juice to make it fun.