PDA

View Full Version : What Width??

Matt400ex_17
09-15-2002, 08:07 PM
I plan on buying Hermann Racing A-arms and PEP shocks very soon!! I Dont think that i want long travel and im not really sure what width I want.. I rode my buddys R with +2 housers and PEP shocks and it was nice and landed fine but felt really weird.. Will i get used to this or should i maybee go to a smaller size i was thinkin 1 or 1 1/2 if they make them in halfs.. What do you think???

forum
09-15-2002, 08:55 PM
Get +2 or even the +3's. Getting plus ones is kind of pointless unless you do alot of trail ridding. The +2 or +3's make the quad track the ground better. and keep the quad planted on the ground. Once you get used to it(witch wont be long) you can go alot faster on the track. Go with the plus 2's and some good after market shocks to go with.

MX26
09-15-2002, 09:16 PM
Get +2 or even the +3's. Getting plus ones is kind of pointless unless you do alot of trail ridding. The +2 or +3's make the quad track the ground better. and keep the quad planted on the ground. Once you get used to it(witch wont be long) you can go alot faster on the track. Go with the plus 2's and some good after market shocks to go with.

True, so very true. The reason that quad felt "weird" is probably because of the shocks. What feels weird to you probably doesnt feel weird to him. The weight and agression of each rider makes the shocks react differently. Get YOUR shocks dialed in for YOUR body, and you'll be doing aight :macho

edit: By the way, unless you have 6+ months to wait, I'd look at some different shocks.

Nausty
09-15-2002, 09:43 PM
I say +2 with pep's, don't get make the same mistake I did and get elka when you can get pep's for practically the same price with much better performace. The reason it felt weird is pry just you not being use to the performance of the shock and not being used to tires always tracking on the ground and not having to muscle it around as much.