PDA

View Full Version : air filter???

lildude
09-15-2002, 08:03 PM
hey around the end of the month im plannin on getting a k@n air filter i was wondering if u guys could tell me how much of a power increace in power i would got once i install it?? or if there will be that much of an incrence??

AtvMxRider
09-15-2002, 08:05 PM
I could tell a difference it rev'd alot freer(sp?). I took the air box lid off and that helped alot.

lildude
09-15-2002, 08:17 PM
ya but i cant take my airbox lid off it is way to dusty were i ride

AtvMxRider
09-15-2002, 08:19 PM
Get an outerwear. you could also cut holes in you lid and install some Uni-Vents.

lildude
09-15-2002, 08:27 PM
tks and one more question what did you mean by rev freer like more low end???

eldoexrider01
09-15-2002, 08:30 PM
i bought mine as a power kit and installed it with a e series slip on and i noticed a big difference after all of it. my friend added one wit a stock bike and didnt say it added any much more power, but he is kinda dumb and tryin to put his laptop in the dash of his truck right now so go figure :rolleyes:

Sportrax10
09-15-2002, 09:42 PM
my opinion is... if its dusty get a uni! but idk about outerwears and i dont really kno what you ride in so whatever you want

lildude
09-16-2002, 02:42 PM
well if it dosnt give any more power i think ill just save and get the kit with e series k@n rev kit and filter

Team Outlaw #34
09-16-2002, 02:46 PM
i didn't feel too much power.....but i'm sure its there......i would still get one if i were you................

VegasEx'r
09-16-2002, 03:18 PM
Just an air filter won't make a noticealbe difference, but it is a good mod to do, especially if you plan on changing other stuff. I ride in the middle of the desert, and never run across water, so I took the airbox completely off. Unless you ride in a lot of mud and water, you can remove the airbox lid. I use the K&N w/ outerwears & haven't had any problems with it passing dirt, but I do check it after every ride & usually clean it every 3-4 rides. revving freer means that it revs up faster, which means you make power faster. It is not more power (although it will feel like it since you will accellerate faster), just the same power coming on quicker. Clear as mud now?

lildude
09-16-2002, 07:47 PM
yep it is pretty clear nor but i cant take my lid off totally couse i do come in contact with alot of mudd and i cross sricks and stuff

09-17-2002, 03:31 PM
put in some vents in the top or just close the back clips, put the lid back like normal and let it rest on the rear clips with the middle ones open and only the front ones holding it on. you don't really have to rejet so you can close it if theres alot of water/mud and you will still get a bit more power. i would say if you ride in alot of dust then you should buy something like a twinair or UNI filter. i like my twinair, works awesome! later

KrazyKid300ex
09-17-2002, 06:03 PM
guys guys guys. i read dirtwheels mag. and they tell me for a 400ex. you need a filter and pipe and jetting to make a little difference. sad ehh thats the only downfall about that