PDA

View Full Version : New stock plastic airbox

xcntry
07-30-2001, 02:10 PM
My stock airbox broke at the back bracket . So i just ordered a new box (only 12$ WOW!!). What i was thinking is that i can take the broken airbow and ad a new aluminium bracket on the back then cut out the hump in the bottom of the box turn it around then somehow reattach it so I could possibly fit my battery in it. Has anyone tried this ? If it works i will get pic's so i could possibly do a review on how it turns out.It would definetly be a much cheaper alternative to the aluminum counterparts!!

07-31-2001, 07:32 AM
Definately post pics if you get to work, I've been trying to figure out some way to get my battery out of harms way without paying a bundle.

07-31-2001, 12:51 PM
Ever heard of plastic welding? I recently found out about it. It sounds like you could try that!

4punksdad
08-01-2001, 08:03 AM
you think the plastic airbox will hold the weight of the battery when landing from jumps?

xcntry
08-03-2001, 09:27 PM
What i was planning on doing was building a cradle out of aluminum to support the weight of the battery. That plastic welding sounds like a good idea to seal the box back together and keep the water out. Where can i find out more on how to do that?

08-05-2001, 02:06 PM
I am not really sure, I heard about it from a friend. I will try to get a call to him once he gets back from vacation.

EX 80
08-05-2001, 06:45 PM
Any one ever snap off the 2 brackets on the airbox with hte 2 rubber bushings in the( the ones that rest on the frame)? I over cleared a 40ft table top today and landed flat missed landing. I was also wondering if any one has made thier own aluminum air box? i am going to start measuring tommorow to make my own( i am a machinist)