PDA

View Full Version : moving to florida...need some help

ZSNOW
12-03-2006, 07:30 PM
okay my parents got jobs in florida so we will be moving down with in aa year and a half...i just wanted to know what the riding is like.we sold our house here and started moving our stuff but we won't have the quads down there till bout a year from now...whats the deal on race tracks...dunes(if any)....mud pits...trails...just want to know if its worth keeping the z or just buying a new quad down there...or even how to set em up.well any way whats the deal in florida?anyone that will wanna go riding sometime?

ZSNOW
12-03-2006, 07:40 PM
just east of fort myers

QuadPunk450R
12-03-2006, 09:59 PM
No idea what its like down by fort myers, but I live north of Tampa its mostly sandy trails. Theres Croom Managment Area off I75 which is about 30 mins north of Tampa which is ok. Its got sand pits, trails, mudpits and limerock pits which are fun. I ride mostly in places that arent exactly "legal" that are a mixture of all that but are alot less crowded or empty except for me and my buddies. I also have a friend that rides freestyle motocross and hes got a decent track and a small fortune in ramps, so Im pretty lucky with that I guess.

QuadPunk450R
12-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Oh, and as for the bike. If the Z is fine for you know, theres no reason to change. Just make sure you have tires for soft dirt and sand. As for tracks theres a few around Tampa/Orlando not sure about ft myers.

ZSNOW
12-04-2006, 05:37 AM
k i think i am gonna run kenda klaws...already ordered them so i am running kenda klaws but yeah need some tracks and trails and prefereably pits.

ZSNOW
12-04-2006, 05:38 AM
needa get rid of all the mud crap i have one my quad(winch,tires,)get some florida set up stuff haha

QuadPunk450R
12-04-2006, 10:03 PM
yea, you shouldnt need a winch unless you really like the mud holes

jubileeatv
12-15-2006, 06:29 PM
ocala 500000 acers,whoops that suck,police, need gps

krooms afternoon fun

suburban estates key entry only, 40000 acers of the best.

yfz450:devil:

prnstr4life
12-16-2006, 09:57 PM
your the kid that wanted to trade for my 400ex?

ZSNOW
12-17-2006, 05:16 AM
yeah i wanted to trade for your 400ex a while back...but then i started having major problems with the ltz over heating so i decided not to trade so u wouldn't get the short end of the stick...

peacefrog
01-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Lived in south florida (Lauterdale) the glades were the only rideing areas becides prctice night at the trac. Practice night were fun. Good luck hope you can find sum nice places to ride.

Quadjunkie
01-10-2007, 06:12 AM
As far as riding goes, I hate Florida. I am from the west, and out there we have mountains and planes, endless trails and areas. And if you are driving around and see somewhere that looks cool, you just pull off the side of the road and take off. It's awesome.

Not like florida where everything is designated. And if you are not in one of those areas then you are illegal. It sucks!!!