PDA

View Full Version : shooting oil out clutch arm oil seal

N300exJ
12-03-2006, 06:33 PM
well my engine rebuild is done. after two days of asssembling the engine and putting it back into my R all is well. Well kind of. Started 2nd kick and ran like a champ. Took it for a 10 min ride and man is this thing awesome!

Got back and shut if off. Than all of a sudden i noticed oil shooting out the clutch arm seal. Not good. the seal actually pushed its self out. Not to much oil came out but i was wondering what the problem could be. It is a new oil seal. Only thing is that it is a moose oil seal from the gasket/seal kit i bought. the honda oil seal never ever leaked. So im thinking that the moose seal sucks and i need to put a honda seal back in. Or could it be someting more serious? I dont think any of my breather lines are pinched or clogged. the engine might be slightly over filled but would it be enough to make the seal shoot out like that? Well first im gonna change the seal and go from there. any other insight would be great incase i didnt think of anything.

engine info:
hots rods crank
weisco 11.5:1 piston
hrc kit
uni filter
bel ray thumper oil

ATVRacer19
12-04-2006, 04:40 PM
did you make sure all gaskets are on? I made a stupid mistake like that and i felt pretty stupid after my cousin and i were looking at it. I dono just check. it was nice knowing it wasn't a serious problem.

ricks450
12-04-2006, 04:51 PM
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GOING IN THE DIRECTION. I WOULD DOUBLE CHECK YOUR CRANKCASE HOSES AND THE FILTER AND MAKE SURE IT IS OK. JUST A LITTLE OVER FULL IN OIL SHOULD'NT DO THAT. THE ONLY OTHER THING I CAN THINK OF IS YOUR RINGS ARE NOT SEATING GOOD CAUSING BLOW BY. BUT THE SEAL MIGHT BE JUNK LIKE YOU SAID. WHEN YOU BOUGHT YOUR HOTROD CRANK DID IT COME WITH ONE OF THE CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS OR DID YOU GET BEARINGS SEPRATE FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE, AND IF SO, WHERE DID YOU GET THEM (I CAN'T FIND THEM)? I KNOW WHEN YOU BUY A STOCK CRANK FROM HONDA YOU GET ONE OF THE BEARINGS. THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET THAT BEARING FROM HONDA. I NEED A CRANK AND I WANT THE HOTROD JUST NOT SURE ABOUT BEARINGS. THANKS.

N300exJ
12-05-2006, 03:45 AM
The bearings are both honda. you can order the left and right crank bearings seperate. I did.

speedfreaksguy
12-05-2006, 06:21 AM
If anything check the Trans oil level. Your transmission is on the other side of that seal. The Moose seals are not the problem. I use them everday.

exrider79
12-05-2006, 11:10 AM
sounds like the seals..but i would change them and double check everythin..

N300exJ
12-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Problem found. I messed up the breather line for the trans. It was blocked. The moose seal was blown out and no good so i put the honda seal back in. Im sure it will be fine now. Cant wait to put some hours on this new build so i can let it rip!