PDA

View Full Version : Helments save lifes....it saved mine

TCracin440ex
12-03-2006, 05:04 PM
well yesterday i went ridding with my buddy, and a bunch of other quads...i was comming arround a pretty sharp turn sideways, it was grassy lookin, but there was gravel under it and it got sideways and got TOO far out, and when it did i tried to correct it and it started teetering...and it was all over from there...luckily i had my helment on because if i wouldnt have had my helment on i woulda been dead...my helment was crushed and cracked....the visor was broken off....just about all the paint was missin off of it...i tore my back up and my leg, pretty much when i got up i was layin infront of the quad with my right leg stuck up in the a-arms....boy im so glad i had that helment on...its time for a new one now

gotwarrior
12-03-2006, 05:17 PM
This summer I had a pretty good down hill fall myself. I went up a hill that was to steap, and I mad it most of the way up when I hit a root that sent my quad in the air. Then it fell back as I fell off. I then fell and hit my head on the rocks and trees that were on the hill. I was pretty scraped up. But luckly my head was ok.. It goes to show you should always wear your helment.;)

troutman561
12-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Ive been saved a few times by my HELMET. HELMETS are good safety tools(check the spelling, just a friendly reminder :macho )

TCracin440ex
12-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
Ive been saved a few times by my HELMET. HELMETS are good safety tools(check the spelling, just a friendly reminder :macho )

i think i have a tid bit of a concussion tho because i have a headache for the last 2 days, so that could be reason for piss pour spelling

firefighterjosh
12-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Sounds like you may have gotten a concussion. I would have went the hospital. It dosen't take much for your brain to bleed.

Ya helmets are great. My friends made fun of me last weel for wearing one when we were riding 4x4s around the woods.

I have cracked 2 of my 4 helmets I have owned. I think I will keep the helmet on:cool:

trx450jason
12-03-2006, 09:27 PM
yep im sure you had a concussion. what would we do without helments

Doober
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by trx450jason
yep im sure you had a concussion. what would we do without helments :eek2: how did you do that!?

HondaEXrider22
12-04-2006, 04:36 AM
Wow dude, that sucks.

Kaleigh
12-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by trx450jason
yep im sure you had a concussion. what would we do without helments

how did that happen.. i see beers in the background.. lol.. JK.. lhappy to see you're still around to talk about it..

i take my dog for a walk without wearing one.. but im in 1st gear all the time when i walk her.. but when im riding hard i put mine on.. it's saved my MANY MANY Times..

trx450jason
12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
haha trust me the beer had nothing to do with it. and if i remembered that day at all i could tell you how it happend but i really have no idea...all people have said is i endowed really bad

Dupontster
12-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Helmets are a life saver!

Blue_Streak23
12-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Yea, helmets are great...

>>i fell off my bro's raptor doing a wheelie, and my head hit a rock. It only out a deep scratch in my helmet, but if i didn't have one on it would wrecked my head.....

Dannys440
12-04-2006, 06:19 PM
My old helmet saved my life twice, first time i was going way to fast somewhere i shouldnt have been and i went over the bars ans slid about 150FT down the asphalt, and the other time was this past summer with some guy off of a different site and i went over the bars down a hill that was all washed out, the helmet had a hole and I had a broken arm.