PDA

View Full Version : Red Light - Little Sahara Sandfest

Cannon
09-15-2002, 07:38 PM
Just got back from Sandfest. I looked for some of you EX riders, probably saw you bit always on the go. I was in the first 400EX race with the lights. I was also first to red light, what an honor. Just to inexperianced and anxious I guess is my only excuse. Still had a good time and quad ran great. Maybe some of you were in that group or saw my great performance. Others who went this weekend with me and raced were Corey Powell & Dennis Barrett (3 wheeler) 250R's on alcohol, Shane Hall and Jimmy McRoberts, extended swingarm gas - blue Banshees.
I did get some good pictures the photgrapher at the race took.
Sorry I missed you. Next time maybe.
Cannon

tryken
09-16-2002, 05:40 AM
Those drag race kinda started out slow, as far as getting the bikes staged and starting the races. But by the end on the day it wasn't so bad. I looked for some of you from here but didn't see anything that I could identify from this site. Just way too many people there.

SandTrix
09-16-2002, 01:08 PM
I raced Cory and Dennis several times with my alky 250Rs. One is white and the other is red and both have K&K graphics. I was faster than those 2 all morning but lost in the drags to Dennis b/c my bike slipped out of 5th gear, lol. I had him beat and about 25ft from the end my bike slipped out of 5th back into 4th and Dennis ran right past me. Oh well, I guess it just wasnt my day to win. The blue alky R that beat Cory in the drags was built by me as well. I didnt stay long enough or hear who won the finals between the blue R and Dennis. We had a good time, but didnt ride the EX enough to show it off much. I guess I should have raced it and tried to get at least one win for the weekend. I was pretty damn dissapointed in losing like that after easily out running them both all morning.

Cannon
09-16-2002, 03:55 PM
SandTrix, I watched your bikes all weekend. They were very fast & are awesome looking bikes. The rest of you should have seen this guy run. Dennis got beat too in the final. Next trip we got to come up with something better to ID ourselves to others from here and I have to get a better idea of the difference between yellow & green!

Cannon

generalg
09-16-2002, 09:25 PM
I look for you guys but not able to find you... guess I was just blind. To many people probably didn't help either. Planning on going again toward the middle to end of October.

SandTrix
09-17-2002, 06:34 AM
The blue R that beat Dennis in the finals is a very good friend of mine; I built the motor in that bike as well. I guess I need to quit making customer's bikes so fast!!! lol Maybe next time you will get to see my fast motor run, the 350. It puts my little 250 to shame. Anyways, I think I should have raced our 400ex. I didnt see any that raced that looked overly fast. It was a great turn out, too bad the weather made it difficult to really tune the alky bikes in. You should have come and spoken to us, I like to meet ppl and talk quads anytime.

zephead400ex
09-17-2002, 11:08 AM
Well...Sandfest was fun, maybe next year they will have it setup better! Cannon, saw ya jump the light, but ****, I probably would have been anxious too! I saw a guy out riding that had an exriders.com sticker, where can you get those? I think we all need one!

Cannon
09-17-2002, 05:32 PM
zephead, You can order the stickers from the store here online.
Sometime in October we are planning on the next trip. We will have to do a better job of meeting up the next time.
Anybody know how Jim from Sand Toys in Waynoka did on his Banshee in the drags? I know he was there but never saw his run.
This site makes our sport even better, thanks all.

Cannon

Fender Bender
09-18-2002, 10:22 AM
I got in trouble that thursday and didnt get to go...

we could get #plates and put our membernames on them, just a thought.

sandtrix- what class would my 300r run in out there, for next year, by that time i might have my 330 kit tho, cya.

2qk4u
09-21-2002, 09:04 PM
If you happen to see this you will know its me. so keep your eyes open :D :D :D :D