PDA

View Full Version : likes............... dislikes........yfz 450

KOG
12-03-2006, 03:24 PM
i will be geting a new quad this summer and i was just wondering what u guys like about the yfz and was u dont like

z400rida44
12-04-2006, 03:58 PM
i have an 04 and this is what i like and dislike

i love the power, the handling, electric start, and the pretty good stock suspension, it also responds very good to aftermarket parts and you can do the free and easy cam mod for more power

dislikes
the seat is hard, the handlebars are kinda low (im 6'2'' though), and overall the ergonomics are kinda cramped for me.

Overall i love this quad!!

YFZRB
12-04-2006, 05:26 PM
My only dislike is the handlebar height.

I like the stock power, seat, & electric start. It is mostly stock after my first season back riding. I plan on doing the cam mod and re-jetting for some more power now that I have spent 1 seaon with stock set up and feel ready for more. I haven't had any problems with anything. General maintenance only.

Dune Surfer
12-05-2006, 12:51 PM
THere is nothing to dislike with the 06 and newer. They made the seat softer, bars taller, and like 80 other improvements. Great riding quad. Big hit in the power band and light weight.

SRH
12-10-2006, 09:26 AM
i like the handling, seat, the only thing i dislike is the peg to seat realationship, i could go much faster with it lower, im kinda short 5-8, so in tight hairpins its awkward for me to stay in my pocket and use the rear brake or shifter, just feels like i h ave to get really low to get it around those tight hairpins, the *** end doesnt come out and slide as much as the hondas ive ridden, plus id prefer a broader power band simlilar to the honda but with that same mid ranger brap the yami has, the yfz is flickable which i like to

bsjoe
12-10-2006, 12:20 PM
handle bar high, and seat doesnt bother me, but its suprising how those two problems are the main reasons why epople wont buy the yfz. I'm willing to buy bar risers and live with the slightly harder seat.

TWILES
12-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Just reading, I've never really ridden one to amount to anything but I'm 6'1" and I fit on the Honda a LOT better then the YFZ. With the riding "position" where it is I feel like my feet are behind me resting on the pegs.