PDA

View Full Version : Giving It Up?

bozz
12-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Do any of you ever get frustrated with having less and less area's you can ride your atv' with out getting hassled by the police' and game commision it's just starting to be a real broblem here. After 20 years of riding im thinking street bike' now for the money you have to invest for these atv's I dont know anymore?

Ruby Soho
12-03-2006, 03:23 PM
i stay in my woods 90% of the time so i don't really get booted out of anywhere

JOEX
12-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by bozz
Do any of you ever get frustrated with having less and less area's you can ride your atv' with out getting hassled by the police' and game commision it's just starting to be a real broblem here. After 20 years of riding im thinking street bike' now for the money you have to invest for these atv's I dont know anymore?
Right now I have more frustration from not having time to ride, getting to the point of selling or parting out the quad :ermm:

As long as you're obeying the local laws and regulations there shouldn't be a problem with those who enforce them.

Also, any hobby will require 'investment';)

Wheelie
12-03-2006, 07:26 PM
It is frustrating about the lack of riding areas, and longer travel required to find the decent ones left. In order for me to give it up entirely, things would have to get really bad.

As Joe said, know and obey the local laws/regulations and one should be in the clear.

firefighterjosh
12-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Just obey the laws and help a your neighbors. You help your nieghbors your nieghbors let you ride:)

bansheemorphine
12-04-2006, 07:37 AM
i get harassed by rangers and cops every once and a while i get really harased because of my age i am only 14 but i am 5 foot 11 200 pounds and have been riding quads since i could walk but i have everything legal so there is nothing they can really do...unless i am on the road. but now where i live in Newbrunswick the government is trying to ban anyone under 16 from riding OHVs (off highway vehicles) this includes atv dirtbikes and snowmobiles if the law goes through motocross is done around here because the law will apply to motocross too. if you are frustrated about riding on the trails and getting hassled imagine how frustrated i am.

Predatorguy88
12-04-2006, 09:13 AM
I've never been hassled by cops or EPO's, but i do understand about the lack of riding areas. Around me, no one registers our machines, because the money that we pay doesn't go towards anything for us. We don't have any places to ride, so we all figure "why pay the money when we aren't getting anything in return?". Few people actually get stopped or anything.

ilpadrino113
12-04-2006, 09:36 AM
We get hassled a bit but most of the time the police just leave us alone.

It's one of the new land owners that gives us the most problems tho. A local farm had literally hundreds of miles of trails on hsi land in i don' even know how many acres. He would always let epople ride on them as long as we stayed out of the woods during hunting season. He recently sold all his property off and most of it wa bought up by a rich liberal from NYC who banned everyone from the land. He only stays in the hosue and never uses any of the woods and the trails. He thinks that they are bad for he enviroment. i realize it's his property and that there's nothing we can do. We all tried talking to him and he pretty much told us to screw off. He told us he despises us all for what we are doing to the enviroment and hope that he catches us on his land so he can throw us i jail. He's never even been off more than 3 acres the property too, the other 800++ just sits there.

12-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I have no problums when i go out and im loud. At my house a chick will call if she sees the quads only cause she really wants to cause trouble and nothing more so cops are riding by and pulling up when ever the quads are out.

12-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ilpadrino113

It's one of the new land owners that gives us the most problems tho. A local farm had literally hundreds of miles of trails on hsi land in i don' even know how many acres. He would always let epople ride on them as long as we stayed out of the woods during hunting season. He recently sold all his property off and most of it wa bought up by a rich liberal from NYC who banned everyone from the land. He only stays in the hosue and never uses any of the woods and the trails. He thinks that they are bad for he enviroment. i realize it's his property and that there's nothing we can do. We all tried talking to him and he pretty much told us to screw off. He told us he despises us all for what we are doing to the enviroment and hope that he catches us on his land so he can throw us i jail. He's never even been off more than 3 acres the property too, the other 800++ just sits there.

Hop on the quad and rip past his house a couple times and then park it fast just to screw with him. Only thing you can do with people like that is piss em off more!!!

blown331
12-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Dhumpalo
Hop on the quad and rip past his house a couple times and then park it fast just to screw with him. Only thing you can do with people like that is piss em off more!!!

haha i like that

just make sure you get out of there before johhny law can make it there or they can take you away or write you a trespassing ticket which where I live aren't cheap

12-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by blown331
haha i like that

just make sure you get out of there before johhny law can make it there or they can take you away or write you a trespassing ticket which where I live aren't cheap

Were i am every one always gets the quads put away soon enough but the cops still be pricks and give fines. Chick even calls on stock quads with stock pipes on their own property and get this THE COPS GIVE EM FINES!!!

ilpadrino113
12-04-2006, 01:42 PM
ya was riddin by his house on my way home one day when he was leaving. I was topped out and he backed his truck out to the middle of the road and stopped there. I almost hit em and had to swerve onto his lawn to miss him. He stopped by the house to make me pay to have his lawn repaired no less then 30 minutes later. I completely lost my temper and tried to kick his *** but my dad had to literally restrain me and my dad the guy that if he didn't get off our porch in 30 secons he'd let me go.

JOEX
12-04-2006, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by blown331
haha i like that

Were i am every one always gets the quads put away soon enough but the cops still be pricks and give fines. Chick even calls on stock quads with stock pipes on their own property and get this THE COPS GIVE EM FINES!!!

ya was riddin by his house on my way home one day when he was leaving. I was topped out and he backed his truck out to the middle of the road and stopped there. I almost hit em and had to swerve onto his lawn to miss him. He stopped by the house to make me pay to have his lawn repaired no less then 30 minutes later. I completely lost my temper and tried to kick his *** but my dad had to literally restrain me and my dad the guy that if he didn't get off our porch in 30 secons he'd let me go.
And you people complain about not having enough places to ride:ermm:

firefighterjosh
12-04-2006, 06:57 PM
This is what I say....

JOIN a ATV club and help out

I am in the process of joining a club so I can try to help out and open some new riding areas.

ilpadrino113
12-04-2006, 07:57 PM
This is what I say....

There isn't any ATV clubs in my area that i've heard of. I was lookin for one when i first bought my quad but even dealer never heard anything. It's mainly just a group of guys wo ride when they can. Noone is really interested in getting a club started.

JOEX
12-04-2006, 08:11 PM
There isn't any ATV clubs in my area that i've heard of. I was lookin for one when i first bought my quad but even dealer never heard anything. It's mainly just a group of guys wo ride when they can. Noone is really interested in getting a club started.
I'm sure there are groups in your area if you look, don't rely on your dealer to provide them, they are just sales people.

If you can't find a group, start one or get someone to start one. All it takes is a few friends with the desire to ride. It won't be easy but if you really want to keep this activity rolling it will be worth it:)

firefighterjosh
12-04-2006, 08:15 PM
I just google search my area for ATV Clubs and that is how I found the one I am thinking of joining.

Honda4lyphe
12-04-2006, 10:20 PM
5 years ago our good places like LBL and rideing areas at kentucky lake got reposessed and we got banned from the trails, its about 2000 acres id guess of pure rideing, i can understand why they did it but theres little recreation areas around the place, not much of the land is being used at all exept to preserve wildlife which is another factor..it just bums us all out nearly everyone around where we live has an atv and ride that was one of the biggest places, now we have like 2 places but u gotta pay and it sucks because everyone is there so its very crowded. i got a place called soldier creek that i ride at in the summer, its by far the best rideing ive ever done and i live like 2 miles away its about a 40 mile ride if you play your cards right and its just amazing in the summer, the winter sucks though because they let the kentucky dam down so water floods it so its unrideable..i feel everyones pain though its very rare for me to get to ride somewhere. all i gotta say is wheelies in my yard for life.