PDA

View Full Version : how would you...

Dave223
12-03-2006, 01:30 PM
As I posted earlier last month, I picked up a 96 300ex for 100.00 Im seriously considering making a really nice looking quad out of this one. My daughter has hers set up for MX and all I do is trail riding.
The frame is rusty in places, and the front plastics are cracked so that will have to be fixed.

If you had a choice, what colors would you do a 300ex in? Im considering all black with a few polished parts or white plastics with a blue frame.

Help me out with ideas here! Im not putting nerfs on it, maybe just putting a 6-pack rack on the rear. Im not going into the engine either, it will remain stock. Im looking for a really nice, trail riding quad.

Blue250X
12-03-2006, 01:53 PM
I like the look of a candy apple red frame and white plastics and black rims

Project300EX
12-03-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm doing a frame up project. The a-arms and swingarm will be painted using undercoating. It will make them flat black and textured. The frame will be metallic blue and the plastics will be silver. I'm going to paint engine parts and other small stuff gloss black and metallic red.

250X_project
12-03-2006, 02:23 PM
I like a nice deep blue or candy apple red frame(this is why I used my 91, not the 92 to build-up.) I personally almost always hate black rims, and like the offset chrome front and matching rear chrome.

Though I did have a project in mind of a black quad (possibly black rims) with red seat and accents.... Do what you like. Make it unique