PDA

View Full Version : Blaster info

smokerider29483
12-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey fella's,

I'm curious about the blaster. Are they power valve motors? I like the way the look with a longer swing arm, wider axle and longer a arms. I also like the idea of the air cooled simplicity and parts support. I'm not looking for the fastest I just want something that handles well. Will the little 199cc motor pull my 220 pound arse. And how well do they perform with some motor upgrades like the Vito's 240 kit?

Thanks for answering all my Q's

red4ever
12-03-2006, 10:56 AM
ur relly thinkin about a blaster? have a good time in the garage

smokerider29483
12-03-2006, 11:36 AM
LOL, I'm in the garage right now with my LT

4TraxRider
12-03-2006, 12:03 PM
They are non powervalved motors. Make sure you sit on one first and see if you still like them. They are very small in realation to other full size quads. I see your 220 lbs so i'm assuming your a bigger guy. They aren't very fast stock but after you mod them a bit they can be made to run quite quickly. There is a blaster build up thread somewhere on here I saw not to long abo that was quite informative. Good luck with whatever you get.

Xater
12-03-2006, 02:58 PM
stock blasters are slow but with a few mods they get quite quick.
and i never spent alot of time in the garage with it, only to do regualar matenance.

bradley300
12-04-2006, 07:20 AM
i loved mine. you can make them real quick. i would stay away from vito's and trenga, niether are near what they are percieved. my sponsor does blasters almost exclusivley, you can pm me if you have any questions

blasterheavyB
12-06-2006, 07:06 PM
i am 18 and weigh 270 and my blaster hauls my big *** around good enough i am even racing my blaster and for the little bike they are they have pretty good power and i hardly ever have my bike in garage unless i am adding upgrades to it which is the great thing about the blaster so many upgrades just keeps getting faster and faster

blasterracer#69
12-14-2006, 01:33 AM
when my blaster was all stock it would go an alright speed but after i put the fmf sst pipe and powercore2 silencer and the jet kit it works wicked, with the 360main jet when ya start shiftign throw gears fast the front end pops up untell 4th gear and beforei put the jet kit in the only way i could stand it up is if i held in teh clutch and reved it in first and poped the clutch, i can stand it up in 3rd now and keep a good cat walk goin.

woodsracer144
01-21-2007, 07:06 AM
i dont spend much time in the shop, i got mine rebuilt this summer becasue people dont know how to replace a gasket and it eruns really stong, i can keep with my buddys 440ex untill he gets to about 4th gear.