PDA

View Full Version : White Lake, MI - Ice Racing - February 4th, 2007

drnez
12-03-2006, 08:27 AM
We're in the process of setting up this race, we have the ball moving forward and are just finalizing some of the paperwork. It will be sanctioned by the AMA and we will be paying District 14 points for all of you series riders.

The races will be on a 1/4 mile oval track. We will have both rubber and studded classes for all levels of riders. We welcome motorcycles, sidecars, and quads. We will be following all AMA/D14 rules for this event, so visit the District 14 Website (http://www.ama-d14.org) for rules/regulations. The tenative date for this event is Sunday, February 4th. This is the same weekend as the National's in Wisconnsin. We are expecting somewhere around 150 racers and MANY spectators. It's going to be a great event. There will be HOT food vendors and possibly even live music. More information will be provided as it comes in. Please followup here with any questions/comments, or you can send me a PM. Hope to see a lot of you there!

drnez
12-04-2006, 10:44 AM
I would also like to mention that we will be having a 0-110cc pitbike class added to the event. This will be exhibition only, 4 strokes only. All AMA/D14 rules apply. Open age and modifications. If it goes over well we may add it as an official class for 2008!

firefighterjosh
12-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Sounds like fun yer about 3 hours away so i might be up.

You say no 2-strokes??? That suck I wanted to run the banshee.

What are the rules for the rubber class? I dunno have studs and need to know if I need to run knobs or try to get ahold of some hoosiers.

Also what classes are there? I have a 400ex and a Utility quad. Prally bring both pending on what classes I can run.

Also is there heats and then A B C Main?

As you can tell I have never done this lol

drnez
12-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Sounds like fun yer about 3 hours away so i might be up.

You say no 2-strokes??? That suck I wanted to run the banshee.

What are the rules for the rubber class? I dunno have studs and need to know if I need to run knobs or try to get ahold of some hoosiers.

Also what classes are there? I have a 400ex and a Utility quad. Prally bring both pending on what classes I can run.

Also is there heats and then A B C Main?

As you can tell I have never done this lol

All quads run in 2 classes, Open Studded, and Open Rubber. you can run a 2 or a 4 stroke. I believe Utility quads will be allowed, but only in 2 wheel drive. Your quad will be required to have a tether style kill switch and number plates of course. You'll need notorized concent to race if you are under 18 and unaccompanied by a parent.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Hope to you see there!

-Frank

SHERMDOG77
12-09-2006, 02:06 PM
White Lake Ice Race
We need help spreading the word too, so get Koldkutters and registered w/ the AMA/ATVA and join the circuit. we'll have an oval ready for practice as soon as the lake freezes. If you have a bike too, you can race both. You will be able to race multiple classes. I'm handling the financial portion of the race, Drnez will be handling marketing research. If you have any questions feel free to ask either of us. This years series has 11 races scheduled, so come on out.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN SPONSORSHIP OF THIS RACE PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP

drnez
01-19-2007, 08:44 AM
As of now, the races are still a go. We have about 4" out there right now. As long as we can come up with at least 12, the race will be on. Keep an eye on the District 14 website (http://www.ama-d14.org) for cancelations. If there is a cancelation, expect it to be up there wednesday or thursday before race weekend. Hope to see you all there!

drnez
01-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Time is getting short! I'm going to stop by the lake on the way home and check ice conditions. I'm hoping for around 5-6" today. It looks pretty good for February 4th! We have everything all set to go. We do need some volenteers to help out, so if you arent racing and want to lend a hand, shoot me a PM or give me a call! I need flagmen, people to help with registration and tech inspections. Also could use a couple people out there early to get everything setup. Let me know! My phone number is 248-863-7584. Thanks!

-Frank

drnez
01-26-2007, 07:15 AM
ice conditions are great! We'll be out by the White Lake Inn getting some practice laps in this weekend if anyone wants to come out. Heres a map if you need directions!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Ormond+Rd+and+Jackson+Blvd.,+White+Lake,+MI&ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=42.680669,-83.5536&spn=0.026438,0.086517&om=1&iwloc=addr

SHERMDOG77
01-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Keep up to date with the AMA site as well guys, also here is the flyer for more info.

http://www.ama-d14.org/

http://www.ice.s3webcenter.com/WhiteLakeRacing-bowmans.pdf

THE RACE IS A GO!!!!!!

drnez
01-30-2007, 08:57 AM
bump it up!

We are getting some great PR guys! Thanks for everyone who helped spreading the word. We're getting calls from all over the state.

drnez
02-02-2007, 05:37 AM
Gettin close, see you guys this weekend!

drnez
02-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Just a little FYI for everyone who is coming out. The weather forecast is calling for a high of 6 on Sunday, its going to be cold, DAMN COLD! Make sure you bundle up, we dont want to take anyone to the hospitol due to hypothermia. It will only be about 2 in the morning, and with the windchill it will be around -15. Everyone pray to the sun gods tonight!