PDA

View Full Version : carb slide questions

QuadPunk450R
12-02-2006, 07:22 PM
The slide in the carborator on my 04 has been getting stuck. Apparently i got some gunk in there, so me and a buddy took it apart, cleaned it out, sprayed alot of wd40 in there to clean it wiped it down had opening and closing smoothly and put it back on. Went for a test ride, worked good for a minute then stuck again...cleaned it some more and now its working most of the time but sticking still occasionally. Is this a common problem? Also, does anyone know if a new slide may cure the problem?

ricks450
12-03-2006, 02:07 AM
More than likely it is not your throttle slide. Check your throttle cable for frays or try to lube it. there's a lube called DRI SLIDE it works great. Also check your throttle itself. take the throttle slide off your cable and check it that way. Most likely it's your throttle cable.If the cable as a fray in it get a new one. Sticky throttle not good. GOOD LUCK!!!

QuadPunk450R
12-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I thought it might have been that to begin with but I took the cover off the side of the carb where the throttle cable connects to it and was working fine. The when we took the carb off the slide was like stuck fully open, until we cleaned it out but its still acting up a lil bit.

ricks450
12-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Thats weird, check your needle to see if it is bent never seen it but could be. and check your thottle shaft to that goes through the carb, the linkage your cable hooks to. and if slide itself is got alot wair or rough edges on it, it might be hanging up.