PDA

View Full Version : sand hill in mississippi

rubiowner01
12-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Ok I have heard some talk about this place. I would love to see some pics of this place. I may want to plan a trip there this spring. How is it? Post some pics or tell me what it has and how you like it. Also, is there a website? Thanks:D

CHEVYZ
12-02-2006, 09:04 PM
I like it. For a quick place to get to and a decent amount of area to ride in, it rocks. Mostly alot of open space for playing around and drag racing. If you like jumping or trails, there are a few as well, but the place is primarily an "open" area.

We usually hit it up pretty often. Before you go, ask around on here and some of us may be able to hit it up with you. There are some pics that bayou boy posted on here a while back. I will see if I can bring them up. I would post a few of my own, but my computer fried a few months back and I lost all of my data.

From what I understand they had a website, but it went down right around the time of Katrina and was never restored. I have heard a few promises from people willing to make them one, but I haven't seen it yet.

rubiowner01
12-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
I like it. For a quick place to get to and a decent amount of area to ride in, it rocks. Mostly alot of open space for playing around and drag racing. If you like jumping or trails, there are a few as well, but the place is primarily an "open" area.

We usually hit it up pretty often. Before you go, ask around on here and some of us may be able to hit it up with you. There are some pics that bayou boy posted on here a while back. I will see if I can bring them up. I would post a few of my own, but my computer fried a few months back and I lost all of my data.

From what I understand they had a website, but it went down right around the time of Katrina and was never restored. I have heard a few promises from people willing to make them one, but I haven't seen it yet.

Ok, so have you been to the dunes or sicily island? How does it compare to those places? We often go to both places and love them, but we are always looking for someplace new!!!

CHEVYZ
12-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Yeah, we go to both Sicily Island and LA Dunes pretty often. Personally, I like MS Dunes about as much. They are all great places to ride, so it is hard to choose, but I can say that I definately like Sand Hill!

bayou boy
12-03-2006, 07:53 AM
sand hill is a good place to ride....way more sand than sicily island. it is about the size of the dunes. we usually make at least one trip a month out there. sometimes the guy has money races on sunday. saturdays are usually dead there though....sundays are always way better and he grades the sand on sunday. the thing we like about it is it is not too far for a one day ride...i see you are from bossier it is probably a good way for you. he will let you camp there but you cannot ride at night because of neighbors nearby. i have some pics but they are in the other computer....try a search on sand hill they have a thread with some pics. if you cant find it let me know and i will re post some pics....were you at the dunes thanksgiving weekend? myself and chevy were out there. it is alot better now that they grade it

rubiowner01
12-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Ya, It would be a pretty long drive for us, but I always love going someplace new. We were at the dunes on halloween weekend, there were a pretty good many people out there. It was real fun and they did do a good job of keeping a drag area smooth. Place had just gone downhill from what it used to be, glad to see they are making an effort to improve!!!

CHEVYZ
12-03-2006, 12:08 PM
We had a blast last time we went. Hopefully we will be back real soon. I am bringing the EX this time, though. :D

bayou boy
12-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
We had a blast last time we went. Hopefully we will be back real soon. I am bringing the EX this time, though. :D

lol....poor LTR guy

CHEVYZ
12-03-2006, 03:03 PM
That was hilarious. All of them damn Suzukis LMAO.

SatisTraction
12-09-2006, 11:22 AM
so where is this place at?????????

bayou boy
12-09-2006, 11:46 AM
perkinston

SatisTraction
12-09-2006, 11:54 AM
so is this place back open or is it shutdown? website?

CHEVYZ
12-09-2006, 12:10 PM
It has been open. No website to my knowledge.