PDA

View Full Version : Pics from the Ole FTR race......

Pro400EXC
09-15-2002, 06:21 PM
Ok,I dont have that many on the ole Digi cam,but i'll have to wait til i get the the developed........ Jesse and Howard (Bad*****440,and SGAEXER) should have more pics to post also.....

P.S. I got a 2nd place start goin inot the woods,put finished 5th (i was in 2nd for a while,but then suffered from McGrath syndrom....i guess 5th outta 11 riders isn;t to bad for my 1st race ever!! also,i got 27th overall outta like 80 riders....

Me.

Pro400EXC
09-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Jesse...

Pro400EXC
09-15-2002, 06:28 PM
and Me again

(it was a 6mile loop and we had 5 laps,Jesse finished right behind me,our total time was like 1:21:08-:15, Howard didn't get to finish the race,he wrecked in the start,but he's ok.)

macblaster
09-15-2002, 06:41 PM
GOOD job Pro400EXC. I got 2nd place . SGAEXER should have more pics and the big story!

BadA$$440
09-15-2002, 09:21 PM
Ya, that was a rough race but fun. I got a couple pics but my dad took mostly little video clips. SGAEXER bas in a bad crash, he was T-boned pretty hard his quad is pretty messed up but thankfully he is ok. Oh, Pro400, you got 3rd holeshot, i think i got like 5th or 6th.....heres me ( not a whole lot of places to get pics. )

BadA$$440
09-15-2002, 09:23 PM
heres Pro400exc ( Joe )

BadA$$440
09-15-2002, 09:25 PM
Heres me after the race ( i am whooped ) 30 mile race and half of it was palmetto roots and whoops.

SGA
09-15-2002, 11:54 PM
Congrats to everyone on the good finishes! Saw Pro400EXC and Bad*****400. They haul *** on thier 400's!
I got in a nasty wreck at the first turn from the start. Everyone was going for the holeshot. I had a dust cloud in front of me, so i let off the gas, leaned foward to see and size up the situation. Bad timing....at that instant I hit a nasty whoop. Kicked the back end over me, I went flying with the quad flipping behind me. The guy behind me T-boned my quad HARD in the side. His quad started flipping and he went flying. The paramedics rushed to me and had me lay there a minute to check me out. All I got was a bruised hip and what looks tire marks on my back. People said I was sliding/rolling under flipping quads. They said they could not believe I walked away from it. The other guy was taken to the hospital in the ambulance. I'm glad I was wearing full safety equipment, It could have been bad.

SGA
09-16-2002, 12:17 AM
Heres a pic of the 400. The front plastics are shot, The oil cooler got pushed over, the frame top is pushed over, the steering stem holder got pushed over. The throttle assembly and grip got stripped off. The OMF scoop got flattened. Assorted bent rims. Its got enough grass stuck between the rims and tires to feed a small cow. Oh well, it needed washing anyway.

airheadedduner
09-16-2002, 12:51 AM
YOu are lucky you didn't get hurt worse. The 400 looks like it has been hit by a train. Look at it this way, 3 in to the right and it would have busted a shock, lucky:eek: Glad t hear you got out okay though.

BadA$$440
09-16-2002, 06:03 AM
ya, i was just about to say, good thing he didnt hit those shocks. So do you have plans for the quad or just replace everything with stock components?

SGA
09-16-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Bad*****440
ya, i was just about to say, good thing he didnt hit those shocks. So do you have plans for the quad or just replace everything with stock components?
Too late... I noticed the shock knob was bent a little this morning. I turned it lightly, It broke off and oil and gas came out. I'll send the shock out in a day or two. I'm pretty sure the renthals are bent also. Sigh........ I'm going to repair what I can, replace what I have too and keep rolling.

Pro400EXC
09-16-2002, 03:03 PM
Yah,I hope you get felling better Howard,so the next race we have a lil competition,hehe

Also MACblaster,wasn't there only 2 guys in your class?That sucks,i woul;da raced it with ya'll cause by the looks of that pic Jesse's dad took of me,my 400 is a 2stroke,lol

Man,i can't belive she was smoking that bad (its gotta be the valve guide seals,cause i passed a R and a z400 and they where hauling arse in the feilds,so i know the power ain't lacking,hmmm i dunno,run her til she blows)

MxDale71
09-16-2002, 03:09 PM
Where do yall normally race at? I'm thinkin about giving XC a try. I figure it would be a little easier on the quad than MX and I would get better at handling my quad, which would help me a lot for MX.

macblaster
09-16-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Pro400EXC
Yah,I hope you get felling better Howard,so the next race we have a lil competition,hehe

Also MACblaster,wasn't there only 2 guys in your class?That sucks,i woul;da raced it with ya'll cause by the looks of that pic Jesse's dad took of me,my 400 is a 2stroke,lol

Man,i can't belive she was smoking that bad (its gotta be the valve guide seals,cause i passed a R and a z400 and they where hauling arse in the feilds,so i know the power ain't lacking,hmmm i dunno,run her til she blows) no there are only 3 guys in my class.

DMH
09-17-2002, 07:53 PM
sgaexer, Man looks like you went for a ride! Nice to hear you walked away from it with just some bruises (and tread marks:)). I'm sure your still very sore but it is allways nice to here about someone walking away from a wreck like that. Have you heard anything about the guy that they took to the hospital (name or how he's doin)? Sounds like everyone else had a good time and congrats to macblaster on his second 2nd place finish. Thanks for keeping us guys that couldn't make it up to date and I'll see ya'll around Nov.

kicken250x
09-21-2002, 02:47 PM
whats gonna happen with that shock will ELKA replace/fix it for free or you gotta pay for it? sux man...

SGA
09-21-2002, 06:48 PM
I gotta pay . Heres a pic of the start, kinda blurry though.

kicken250x
09-21-2002, 07:01 PM
does the warrentee(sp?) not cover stuff like that or is it just their screw ups they pay for?

SGA
09-21-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
does the warrentee(sp?) not cover stuff like that or is it just their screw ups they pay for?
I do not think any shock company covers crash damage. I do know ELKA has a good track record for warranty repairs, blown seals, defects, etc. Some aftermarket part companies have a ONE TIME replacement policy on their products, no questions asked.
I read ELKA's warranty. It says there is no warranty on their products for user damage.

BadA$$440
09-21-2002, 07:17 PM
Man that sucks SGAEXER. I take it you wont be going to the next couple races? The next one would be a REAL LONG drive for you ( Ockachobee )

SGA
09-21-2002, 07:21 PM
I'll be at the palatka race. Okeechobee is too far. I sent you a P/M

Pro400EXC
09-21-2002, 10:01 PM
Hey,thats me in that Pic,wow........

Also, Howard,sry to hear abotu yah bro,if I won the lottery,i'd make it better,lol