PDA

View Full Version : HMF slip-on installed!

dnatt
12-02-2006, 03:41 PM
HMF (http://media.putfile.com/HMF-exhaust)

I finally got my HMF pipe put on & the carb rejeted! I took it out for a spin & it feels like a new bike. It is pretty loud. It sounds really mean & tough. Check out the link above for a video of it.

Just thought I would share my excitement.

gotwarrior
12-02-2006, 03:50 PM
HMF are good pipes. They also sound really good on 400's.

blasterandy
12-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Nice :D

Ruby Soho
12-02-2006, 06:07 PM
im gonna buy one too.

thanks for the clip i love the sound:)

hornetgod13
12-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Sounds sweet! Do you have a Quiet Core installed? What's your main jet and current elevation?
I have a Red HMF Slip-On Muffler with Quiet Core and Black Vector End Cap coming in the mail. The wife ordered it for me for Christmas. It is going to be torture not being able to open or install it until the 25th.

Ncboost
12-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Sounds good. And I'm glad i live in Florida..:D

dnatt
12-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
Sounds sweet! Do you have a Quiet Core installed? What's your main jet and current elevation?
I have a Red HMF Slip-On Muffler with Quiet Core and Black Vector End Cap coming in the mail. The wife ordered it for me for Christmas. It is going to be torture not being able to open or install it until the 25th.

The altitude is aroud 4,300 - 4,400 ft, I believe. I had to do a search on the internet to get those numbers. I am using a 150 main jet. I am not sure what brand that is. The shop I go to told me to install that jet & so that is what I did. They told me that I didn't really need to adjust anything else. It seems to run just fine. I don't have the quiet core on my pipe. Hope this info helps.

hornetgod13
12-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by dnatt
The altitude is aroud 4,300 - 4,400 ft, I believe. I had to do a search on the internet to get those numbers. I am using a 150 main jet. I am not sure what brand that is. The shop I go to told me to install that jet & so that is what I did. They told me that I didn't really need to adjust anything else. It seems to run just fine. I don't have the quiet core on my pipe. Hope this info helps.

Thanks for the info. I'm out in California at around 250 feet of elevation. Our jetting will be totally different. I've got a good idea which way to go once I install it. I'm still amazed at how good it sounds. I can't wait to install mine.
By the way, my wife's family is from West Jordan, Utah. She used to live in South Salt Lake. I've been to your stomping grounds a few times when we visit.

dnatt
12-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
Thanks for the info. I'm out in California at around 250 feet of elevation. Our jetting will be totally different. I've got a good idea which way to go once I install it. I'm still amazed at how good it sounds. I can't wait to install mine.
By the way, my wife's family is from West Jordan, Utah. She used to live in South Salt Lake. I've been to your stomping grounds a few times when we visit.

West Jordan is just down the street from me. Have you been riding out here at all? I go to Five Mile Pass & to the Little Sahara Sands Dunes. The Dunes are a blast out here.

hornetgod13
12-04-2006, 12:16 AM
My quad is out here in California. The next time I go up that way I might bring it with me. I'll have to look into those places. Thanks for the tip.