PDA

View Full Version : The low down on LRD exhaust?

ImplodedMindZ
12-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Why dosent anyone really run the LRD Pro4 Series Ballistec exhaust? Its very reasonably priced and the header already comes ceramic coated. It looks to be a quality exhaust & "claims" good power gains.

I was thinkin about gettin it b/c i like the fact its already ceramic coated but i was wondering if everyone else knows something about them i dont.

honda300EXtreme
12-02-2006, 02:38 PM
lrd isnt bad my brother has one on his Z- 400 and its loud as hell and helped the power at big time, but My opinion is get the pro 4 series but that just me but lrd is a good exhaust.

Xater
12-02-2006, 04:49 PM
LRDs 2 stoke pipes are well known but i never see peope with their 4 stroke exaust.

ImplodedMindZ
12-02-2006, 05:18 PM
I was readin around on some reviews of this exhaust and i heard a few people complain about the ceramic coating comin off the header and the decal/sticker or w/e it is on the can coming off as well. I emailed them for some info on this b/c some people claim its been fixed but ill see what info i get back from them.

Joe400ex
12-03-2006, 09:31 AM
ya i have the LRD 4 series exhaust. Its a good system but my lettering on my silencer is starting to peel off. but who cares its still the same performance. Its really loud i love it.

ImplodedMindZ
12-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Joe400ex
ya i have the LRD 4 series exhaust. Its a good system but my lettering on my silencer is starting to peel off. but who cares its still the same performance. Its really loud i love it.
Have you had any problems w/ the cermaic coating peeling/cracking off? Is the lettering just a sticker or something?

honda300EXtreme
12-03-2006, 10:13 AM
yea the ceramic coating doesnt come off any more but lettering still comes off :(

Xater
12-03-2006, 02:41 PM
just scrap the rest of the sticker off and slap on one of the stickers you get when you buy it, my exhaust came with 4.

ImplodedMindZ
12-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Iv come to the conclusion that if i spend 400$ on an exhaust i dont want it fallin apart when i wash it the first time. Even a small thing like a sticker. So i am gonna buy a Yoshi system from rockeymountain later today. Thanks for everyones insight and info.

bozz
12-03-2006, 02:52 PM
good power gain with mine and all my lettering came off'' and now it's cracking from the front mount all the way around the pipe :(

ImplodedMindZ
12-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by bozz
good power gain with mine and all my lettering came off'' and now it's cracking from the front mount all the way around the pipe :(
How old is that pipe? The actual header is cracking or are you talkin about the ceramic coating?