PDA

View Full Version : YFZ pipe POWER!!!

firefighterjosh
12-02-2006, 11:46 AM
My friend wants to buy a pipe for his 05 YFZ with the cam mod and K&N.

I did a search and couldn't find much info over the pipes for a YFZ. He wants the most power without spending over $500.

He would like a full system but if money don't allow it he would get the slip-on.

Looking for a good overall power gain throughout the powerband.

Let me know what you got and if possible how it compares to other pipes you have owned.

He is corrently looking at a HMF full system.

I heard Dubach and sparks have great power but I can not find info about them.

Thanks

4TraxRider
12-02-2006, 03:04 PM
I've got an HMF full system on mine and like it. Seems to run right with all the other piped YFZ's at the track fine, but that's the only exhaust I've ever had on it. I got mine for $385.

250r4life
12-02-2006, 05:46 PM
unless youre running long flat drags, i wouldnt bother getting a full system...

have you looked at that stock header pipe? it is pretty big, and there isnt much difference between the stock and aftermarket headers.

i was at the dunes for thanksgiving, and i couldnt tell you how many yfz's i beat that had slip ons and full pipes. of course a lot of that is rider ability, and lack of ability to tune on their parts... but my good riding buddy has my exact same bike, only he has the HMF slip on, and we are equal riders, and we were back adn forth, neck and neck... he does have 10-15 lbs on me though, so the slip on isnt that much of an improvment over taking the baffle out- it pretty muched evened out that 10-15 lbs extra in weight.

bigH
12-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
unless youre running long flat drags, i wouldnt bother getting a full system...

have you looked at that stock header pipe? it is pretty big, and there isnt much difference between the stock and aftermarket headers.

i was at the dunes for thanksgiving, and i couldnt tell you how many yfz's i beat that had slip ons and full pipes. of course a lot of that is rider ability, and lack of ability to tune on their parts... but my good riding buddy has my exact same bike, only he has the HMF slip on, and we are equal riders, and we were back adn forth, neck and neck... he does have 15-20 lbs on me though, so the slip on isnt that much of an improvment over taking the baffle out- it pretty muched evened out that 15-20 lbs extra in weight.

250r4life how does ur YFZ compare 2 ur 250r??????

250r4life
12-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by bigH
250r4life how does ur YFZ compare 2 ur 250r??????

compare in what respect?

bigH
12-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
compare in what respect?

in power.....handling....mx track....which one is faster.....woods racing ne thing like that juss overrall how does it compare??????????????????

250r4life
12-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by bigH
in power.....handling....mx track....which one is faster.....woods racing ne thing like that juss overrall how does it compare??????????????????

well, i will still say that the 250r is more fun to ride...

power... well, comparing my yfz to my 250r, the 250r was still a little bit faster. my 250r definately had a lot harder hit in the powerband...

handling... well, i think the handling of both are pretty good- its kinda hard to compare with me being so comfortable on the 250r after years of riding it...

suspension- hands down to the yfz... it is better threw the choppy stuff and what not, and there is not even a comparison on the jumps... i can be all out of whack on my jumps and i cant beleive how easily the yfz soaks them up... of course i am comparing it to 17 year old shocks, that have been ridden on pretty good.

its great going through 5 gallons of fuel on a weekend on my yfz, compared with 15 on my R...

i havnet had my yfz at the track yet so i dont know- ive only had it to the dunes...

firefighterjosh
12-04-2006, 06:54 PM
I belive my friend is going with HMF. Now the question is, does a full system really open thse suckers up or not? I always thought a full system did.

250r4life
12-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I belive my friend is going with HMF. Now the question is, does a full system really open thse suckers up or not? I always thought a full system did.

i dont think so... full systems may give a little more peak HP, but i think they take away from the mid to get there... so if you want the most max speed and have a while to get there, go with the full system. if you want acceleraton and quickness, i would stay with the stock header. that stock header is pretty dang big and well designed... just my $ .02

dynos dont always equate to real life...

i will have to say i have never done a side by side comparison

quaddad#123
12-05-2006, 04:20 AM
we went from a alba pipe to a curtis sparks pipe and it was a huge improvement. The full system sparks was $500 and well worth it!

firefighterjosh
12-05-2006, 04:38 AM
He is ether going with the Sparks Full system if he wants to go more expensive route.

Or the HMF slip on for the Not so expensive route.

I am guessing he will go with the Slip on.

Dune Surfer
12-05-2006, 12:46 PM
I have the Trinity full exhaust on mine, I don't know if its the pipe or not but it is faster than my buddies with the alba pipe. I paid under $400 on ebay for mine.

Dave400ex
12-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Josh I would go with the full exhaust. We had the full Ballance HMF on my Dads and it made a big difference. We never took the airbox lid off either, which I believe would have made it run much better. Can't go wrong with HMF!

firefighterjosh
12-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Josh I would go with the full exhaust. We had the full Ballance HMF on my Dads and it made a big difference. We never took the airbox lid off either, which I believe would have made it run much better. Can't go wrong with HMF!

Ya but if you know Jason he wants to go CHEAP:p

johng
12-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Most good full systems have headpipes with different bends not just oversize, If you go with a quality system, you will notice a difference through-out the powerband.

cals400ex
12-06-2006, 12:03 AM
i have a full balance system i might be interested in selling.....

TWILES
12-06-2006, 06:13 PM
I haven't delt with the quad motor at all but the guys with WR's and YZ's are saying that a full system really helps out more than just a muffler. There are a couple with WR's that say buying a slp on is a waiste of money. That you get just as much by taking out the baffler as with a slip-on muffler. I guess the stepped head pipes really bring the Yamaha motor alive. Sparks is the one that most buy around here. I really don't listen to the ones who are on their first sport quad but the ones who have had a few really like the pipe. Its $500 or maybe a little over. They say its really worth the money. If you can find a muffler you like the GYTR headpipes are cheaper then say FMF.

firefighterjosh
12-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i have a full balance system i might be interested in selling.....

How much? Send pics to firefighterjosh3@yahoo.com

rancid
12-07-2006, 06:24 AM
i have tried several pipes and i ride all types of terrain, and i have found this pipe to be better all around than every pipe i have used. woods type power on top and alot of power on the low end as well. it is a louder pipe though. it has a ti canister, and is by the lightest pipe i have ever ran. you do have to relocate your battery under the radiator, but thats a very easy mod. and the qaud feels a little better balanced now with the changes. it is made by gp, pretty much the same as a nmotion but centermounted.http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/deicide_/Picture407.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/deicide_/Picture409.jpg
and here is a pic of the battery under the radiator.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/deicide_/Picture408.jpg

whoamack22
12-07-2006, 12:11 PM
where can i get that pipe at ?

rancid
12-07-2006, 04:50 PM
go to this site.
http://www.gigotracing.com/index.php?id=11,0,0,1,0,0
hes built me 2 and these pipes are the sh@%.

cop292
12-08-2006, 04:06 PM
What is the average price for a GP full system????

rancid
12-09-2006, 05:39 PM
he charges 480.00 shipped for the setup i got. and i think its the same price for the standard mount setup.

firefighterjosh
12-10-2006, 06:46 PM
He wants alot of power but, the quad can not be overly loud. Even though I live in the middl of no were we still have to ride down the roads to get to riding places. Thats one reason I just bought a ute cuz the 400 is a little loud for night rides

Heatpump#4
12-15-2006, 07:23 AM
HMF is by far one of the loudest exhausts ive heard and id go with the full system because any time you can let more exhuast out its gonna give you more power dont buy a slip on unless you have to.

rancid
12-15-2006, 03:36 PM
the gp on my yfz is louder than a hmf, thats one of the pipes i tried but this has by far been the best power on top, in the middle and low end. i think its the loudest pipe with a muffler. i liked the hmf, but i wanted a pipe with more power all over.
and if you buy a slip on, just plan on not being happy and selling it and buying a full system. just save up.

Builder
12-15-2006, 06:06 PM
That undertail kit looks great how would you compare it to an LRD system? I am getting a yfz 450 and am just figuring what I want to do to get ready for spring season here in PA. I own a shop and am always customizing everything I build and that exhaust will turn some heads no doubt.

scott cole
12-15-2006, 08:38 PM
I have a Dr.D (dubach) pipe and it is awesome(loud though). Don't bother with a head pipe,waste of money. I paid 250. Alba also makes a great pipe and so does Sparks. I don't know about other good ones but I know these are A+. Don't run and LRD. Your common pipes are okay and the Kytr isn't bad. Go to Motoman. Don't buy from Go Parts Direct!!!

jubileeatv
12-24-2006, 07:38 AM
don't **** around here, get a duncan fat boy complete exhaust sysytem, it upped the hp and sounds like the devil:devil:

Mc. Muffin
12-24-2006, 09:19 AM
I would definitely get a Rossier Exhaust! This pipe was proven to be the best all around exhaust for the YFZ...

http://www.rossiereng.com/yfz450_atv.html

rancid
01-28-2007, 06:44 AM
i dont think any of the above pipes would compare to my centermount, mabey compared to a woods. but mine has alot more low end.

jubileeatv
01-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Duncan Racing is the #1 aftermarket pipe.

YELLOW RR
01-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Whats up with the new AC/FLOW ?

JR3
01-29-2007, 06:24 AM
That centermount pipe is just a n motion but comes with the hassle of mounting it in the middle of your subframe. Id take a n motion anyday over it. In our experience me and the other 2 members on our team have had A gytr carbon fiber full system. Whitebrothers carbon fiber/ titanium full system. And now we all run yoshis. Best pipe we have tried so far but we are also on built motors sooo. any opinion you get is obviously gonna be biast because everyone thinks what they have is the best out there just because they bought it so. Do some experimenting yourself. my 2 cents.

JR3
01-29-2007, 06:31 AM
Heres me and the 1 meber of our teams quads with our yoshis.
mine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/101_5644.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/101_5647.jpg
georges
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/yfzrider18/IMG_2650.jpg

korniev
01-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by jubileeatv
Duncan Racing is the #1 aftermarket pipe.

This dude must be kidding!!!!

rancid
01-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by JR3
That centermount pipe is just a n motion but comes with the hassle of mounting it in the middle of your subframe. Id take a n motion anyday over it. In our experience me and the other 2 members on our team have had A gytr carbon fiber full system. Whitebrothers carbon fiber/ titanium full system. And now we all run yoshis. Best pipe we have tried so far but we are also on built motors sooo. any opinion you get is obviously gonna be biast because everyone thinks what they have is the best out there just because they bought it so. Do some experimenting yourself. my 2 cents.
its not just an nmotion pipe, it is based on the same design. but has a bigger core and the headpipe is also a larger diameter. set up more as a top end pipe, but still has a awsome low end. as far as comparing it to a yoshi pipe is a joke. yoshi is not in the same area at all. and the hassle about mounting it to the subframe, it comes with a billet bracket wich is far more stout than most exhaust monts i have seen. and you move the battey under the radiator, where its sitting in a lower center of gravity. this is the second yfz i have put this pipe on and i have had other brands as well. and i will always have gigot build my pipes, as he will custom build it to your specs or if you ride mx or drag whatever.

JR3
01-30-2007, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by rancid
its not just an nmotion pipe, it is based on the same design. but has a bigger core and the headpipe is also a larger diameter. set up more as a top end pipe, but still has a awsome low end. as far as comparing it to a yoshi pipe is a joke. yoshi is not in the same area at all. and the hassle about mounting it to the subframe, it comes with a billet bracket wich is far more stout than most exhaust monts i have seen. and you move the battey under the radiator, where its sitting in a lower center of gravity. this is the second yfz i have put this pipe on and i have had other brands as well. and i will always have gigot build my pipes, as he will custom build it to your specs or if you ride mx or drag whatever.
you have any dyno results against other pipes.

WhiteYFZ
01-30-2007, 10:40 AM

i've seen one of their pipes on a orange yfz before.. do they just copy nmotions designs? he has the same drag pipe too... :rolleyes:

anyway, i have a nmotion and love it.. i had a lrd and it sucked.. fell apart quick.

Xater
01-30-2007, 02:04 PM
when i get my yfz i will probly be getting rossier

rancid
01-30-2007, 04:09 PM
no he designed nmotions pipes in the beginning.

JR3
01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
as i said you cans ee what mean when i said everyone thinks what they have is the best. As long as your on the track who cares whats on your bike.

WhiteYFZ
01-31-2007, 08:12 PM
no he designed nmotions pipes in the beginning.

oo i got ya.. also, i heard that the 1st gen nmotion was the best.. is that true?