PDA

View Full Version : BAMX lightning

Louie
12-02-2006, 10:07 AM
BAMX lightning, anyone have one or have any feedback of it? Thanks

Ericthered rdr
12-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Just saw one last night for the first time. That is a very loaded quad!. It has everything right out of the box! I looked and noticed that it is a direct rip of a Honda XR50. Basicaly they took a pitbike and welded up a Quad chassis. The suspension is awsome the axle looks bulletproof it has an antivibe stem dual a-arms discos front and rear huge pegs with nerfs douglas wheels holeshots front snowhogs in the back. The dealer told me that the 125 flat out rips and he was shreding the tires on asphalt. I am going up to test ride one this week. Now my son has to decide to keep his KTM pro senior or to get this quad. OH one drawback that I did notice was that the thottle spring was very stiff. I see that being an immediate replacement item for the little guys.

http://www.bamxusa.com/index.php?productID=121

enjoy,
Eric

predator dad
12-09-2006, 02:42 AM
It's a knockoff of the Xtreme Typhoon 125.

Ericthered rdr
12-09-2006, 02:33 PM
checked it out today.....my kids would kill this in the first day. Great idea that the manufacture has but quads are to heavy to be built cheep. Looks like a TRX 90 is the safest bet for us. I have a Kasea that I bought from Pappy a couple of years ago and that thing still rips for my youngest son (not one single part on the quad has ever failed). I just don't see the BAMX being reliable or safe due to the frame config. I think if they ditched the pit bike frame and adapted swinger then engineered a true mini quad chassis this could be a good starting platform.

If this is a backyard cruiser for the little guy or girl then this setup will be fine.

Eric

WOLFPACK
12-13-2006, 07:30 PM
It is the same as the Typhoon. The company BamX imported them from the same factory that built them for Xtreme.

There are problems with buying from BamX. Thiers doesn't come with a warranty like the 6 month warranty the Xtrteme gives. Xtreme so far hasn't given me a bit of grief on warranty claim for my customers bike. There is a question as to the EPA sticker they have on thiers and they may end up re-calling them all. And lastly, Xtreme is a great company and a one that cares about thier customers. They invested a ton of money into the Typhoon and it isn't right that other companies are taking advantage of thier hard work and investment. Xtreme is a company that cares about thier customers! We need more of that in our sport so please don't support the fly by night outfits that are stealing Xtreme's hard work!

markvette
12-14-2006, 07:03 AM
wolfpack
as me and you know there is way more to this story than the general public knows. i am friends with billy holt of wrh racing, kenny vaughn of k-fab and lane at xtreme. we were all involved in the production of this quad. this quad was in the working 3 years ago. billy holt and i took a dual a-arm k-fab viper to the dealer show 3 years ago that was in xtremes booth. they wanted to use that quad as their prototype but an agreement with the owner of the quad could not be reached. billy and i made a trip to arkansas and met with lane over a year ago, he told is basically what he wanted and we hooked him up with kenny vaughn who built the typhoon prototype which was not cheap. xtreme went through all the trouble and expense to get the the quads epa certified and others are now trying to get them into the country under their epa certification. xtreme has worked hard on the upgrades and are getting the bugs worked out. on the bamx thing. i emailed the fellow as he advertised he had nerf and bumpers for them. he kept telling me he would send me pictures and still has not done that. he went on to tell me many lies about xtreme and that he was getting all their business. stick with the people that you can trust and that will be here tomorrow.

Mark

Needmorehp
12-14-2006, 07:39 AM
Just buy the Pep Boys it doesnt really matter, xtreme takes forever to get a part fix anyway. Take the savings and mod it yourself. Or better yet dont buy either The Apex is a pretty hot little quad waiting to add one to our stable. Being prepped as we speak. I guess it is sad they took so long to build it and it fell soo short.

pwcman1
01-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Mark , I didnt say anything bad about extreme. They are a awesome company! I wish all chinese aftermarket comapnies were like extreme. I think you misunderstood me ? There was a rumor going around that extreme was going out of business? We didnt start that rumor. I was told by two employess of extreme, there road reps, I guess they had a axe to grind? They told me they were closing down and blowing prices out! I definetly would nt say anything bad about extreme, I did honestly get caught up in rumor and they did clean house and fire and blowout prices. Extreme in my eyes has always been a quality company! So I will personally apologize to you, if it sounded that way. I do know I never slameed anyone. And yes we have nerf bars , bumpers, pegs etc, and hopefully our production frame will be ready for Indy.

cwjr
01-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Will you be at the Indy dealer show ?

pwcman1
01-19-2007, 10:42 AM
yes we will be at indy showing our line of products. We currently have 25 items in our product line Booth #8712