PDA

View Full Version : Broke jet in carb...

dnatt
12-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Okay so today has got to be the worst day ever. I finally got my HMF slip-on today & installed it. I was changing my main jet & when I was screwing it in, the jet broke in half. Half of the jet is in the carb still. My question is, how do I get the broken part out?

2004exrider
12-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Run to a hardware or tool store (or maybe you have one) and grab whats called an easy out or stripped bolt remover. It has a reverse spiral on it and when you turn it counter clockwise it digs into the jet and turns it out. They're pretty cheap and work excellent. I always keep onein my tool box.

Jimmy

exrider008
12-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
Run to a hardware or tool store (or maybe you have one) and grab whats called an easy out or stripped bolt remover. It has a reverse spiral on it and when you turn it counter clockwise it digs into the jet and turns it out. They're pretty cheap and work excellent. I always keep onein my tool box.

Jimmy

yup an easy out will work great but try not to get any metal shavings in your carb.

ryan pierce
12-01-2006, 07:02 PM
know how to change swing arm bearings?

dnatt
12-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the reply's. I will have to go and find an easy out tomorrow. Hopefully the broken jet doesn't give me alot of problems. I want to get out and test the power change from my new pipe. I can't wait to fire it up.

Thanks again.

GPracer2500
12-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I had one break on me once. I was able to take a small screw driver and got enough bite on the broken jet to back it out.

dnatt
12-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
I had one break on my once. I was able to take a small screw driver and got enough bite on the broken jet to back it out.

Awsome idea! I used a small screwdriver & the broken jet came right out just like you said. Thanks for the idea. I would've never thought about that one. Now I just have to go and buy a new jet & I will be good to go.

blasterandy
12-02-2006, 11:44 AM
kudos that is a good idea. Nice improvising.

ImplodedMindZ
12-09-2006, 04:21 AM
Im very grateful i read this thread a week ago b/c last night i did the same thing. Although it might be more atributed to me bein plastered tryin to work on my bike, But pulled the carb off and it came right out w/ a screwdriver. great thing to know.