PDA

View Full Version : cool a new section just for king quads

bigbadbrad
12-01-2006, 12:53 PM
well i will be the first to post in the king quad section i guess, here is a pic of mine. lets see some others.

Guy400
12-01-2006, 01:41 PM
How do you like your KQ? I'm wrestling with whether to get one of these or a Rhino.

bigbadbrad
12-02-2006, 05:37 PM
I love it i would recomend it to any one looking for a new 4x4, especialy if you are coming of of a sport quad. The ifs does not roll alot in the corners like other ifs quads. The power is good and compared to the other quads in its class it is in the lower price range. it is efi which is a plus. but the rhino and the kq are two toatl diffrent machines, so it is really up to weather you want another quad, or a side by side, if i would have had the money, and the rhino was efi,i probaly would have bought on instead of the king quad, you know just to try something diffrent

firefighterjosh
12-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Awesome WE HAVE A KQ Section :D :D :D

KoolKwad400
03-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Just got my KQ450 last saturday, have ridden it a couple of times, I am very impressed overall with the machine. It is much slower than my modded Z-400 I traded in, but the overall manners of this machine suit my riding style much better.

However, there are 3 things I think this machine needs to wake it up and make it a little better, and I am researching what mods are actually available and what they cost.

1. Needs a better clutch setup. The engagement is buttery smooth, but you really would like a harder launch and a quicker backshift. Checking now to see who makes a holeshot kit for it.

2. Power Commander/Air filter. The stock FI has a wierd hiccup at unusual times.

3. Less restrictive exhaust......of course. I'm thinking of doing a Big Gun slip-on

KigQuads rule.

Jerry

firefighterjosh
03-10-2007, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by KoolKwad400
Just got my KQ450 last saturday, have ridden it a couple of times, I am very impressed overall with the machine. It is much slower than my modded Z-400 I traded in, but the overall manners of this machine suit my riding style much better.

However, there are 3 things I think this machine needs to wake it up and make it a little better, and I am researching what mods are actually available and what they cost.

1. Needs a better clutch setup. The engagement is buttery smooth, but you really would like a harder launch and a quicker backshift. Checking now to see who makes a holeshot kit for it.

2. Power Commander/Air filter. The stock FI has a wierd hiccup at unusual times.

3. Less restrictive exhaust......of course. I'm thinking of doing a Big Gun slip-on

KigQuads rule.

Jerry

Congrats on the new king! What made you not want the 700 if you don't mind me asking?

KoolKwad400
03-10-2007, 04:00 PM
To be honest, I couldn't justify the extra $1K for the trail riding I do. In retrospect, I kinda wish I'd paid the extra and got the 700, maybe I wouldn't be looking at so many mods:D

Jerry

firefighterjosh
03-12-2007, 08:31 AM
To be honest, I couldn't justify the extra $1K for the trail riding I do. In retrospect, I kinda wish I'd paid the extra and got the 700, maybe I wouldn't be looking at so many mods:D

Jerry

True that! I just got donw racing mine. I loved it!.

KoolKwad400
03-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
True that! I just got donw racing mine. I loved it!.

How'd you do? First outing on the King?

firefighterjosh
03-12-2007, 07:47 PM
How'd you do? First outing on the King?

Ya it was my first time on a bascally stock quad.

I got 1st place!!!:D

I was 2nd into the 1st turn 3rd into the woods. Shortly past a guy was in 2nd. Then 1st broke something in the front end and I was in first the rest of the time.:D

KoolKwad400
03-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Ya it was my first time on a bascally stock quad.

I got 1st place!!!:D

I was 2nd into the 1st turn 3rd into the woods. Shortly past a guy was in 2nd. Then 1st broke something in the front end and I was in first the rest of the time.:D

Awesome. Congrats! I hear the KQ 700 hits like a truck when you mash the flipper. If I really like the 450, a 700 may be in my future!

I'll probably be talking to you a lot in the future, Josh. Keep in touch with any mods you are doing and whether or not you think they were worth it.

Thanks

Jerry

firefighterjosh
03-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Awesome. Congrats! I hear the KQ 700 hits like a truck when you mash the flipper. If I really like the 450, a 700 may be in my future!

I'll probably be talking to you a lot in the future, Josh. Keep in touch with any mods you are doing and whether or not you think they were worth it.

Thanks

Jerry

I have some pics on the open forums of my machine..nothing special yet. But also check out nyrocatv.com its where I learned alot. those ppl are genuises