PDA

View Full Version : I-Pod shuffle,older I-pod,users help

insaneracin2003
12-01-2006, 12:04 PM
My I-pod shuffle is on the fritz,i did everything the site said to do and nothing.I can't restore it because it says that my i-pod is corrupted. i reset it,unloaded the programs and downloaded them again. when i turn on the i-pod,it comes on but when i press any button the amber and green lights flash.help me someone...thanks

killerofcrows48
12-01-2006, 12:44 PM
not sure about the shuffle, but when you have them connected the screen says "Do Not Disconnect"....Ive heard that if you disconnect it, it will corrupt them and ive never heard how to un-corrupt 'em

supafasst426ex
12-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by killerofcrows48
not sure about the shuffle, but when you have them connected the screen says "Do Not Disconnect"....Ive heard that if you disconnect it, it will corrupt them and ive never heard how to un-corrupt 'em

uh oh i do that all the time to my ipod video i hope nothing happens lol

12-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by supafasst426ex
uh oh i do that all the time to my ipod video i hope nothing happens lol ya....i do it almost everytime too. good thign I have a 3 year warranty

SGA
12-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Im not sure whats wrong with yours but I have a Ipod mini or nano that was given to me the other day that doesnt work. It got dropped and quit working. It does show a folder with an ! on startup and it says to go to the support site.
I went to the ipod web site and theres alot of info on how to do a full Delete/ restore and such but I havent tried it yet.

Has anyone sent a ipod back for repairs when it wasnt the battery? What does it usully cost? I see a battery replacement is 60 dollars or so.

I talked with a friends wife that said her husband bought a ipod battery from ebay for $16 and changed it himself. Thats an option for battery replacement I guess.

Heres the link to ipod support.

http://www.apple.com/support/

hondagirl1524
12-02-2006, 06:52 PM
i had the old ipod, 40 gb. that happened to me, said it was corrupt and such with the stupid folder. i did everything they said to do and it never worked. i sent it in and they sent me a refurbished one back. my brothers also did the same with theirs. they were quick to send the refurbished one and i didn't have any problems with it, until later. but the 40 gb was a lemon anyways, so i'm sure that would have something to do with the crappiness. but yeah, i recommend getting the extended warranty, otherwise they're gonna charge you for the refurbished one. oh, and disconnecting when it says not to, doesn't do anything. i've never had a problem from it, sometimes i have to do that cuz my computer freezes. hope i helped!

atvRiDa400ex
12-02-2006, 07:02 PM
haha for all of you that disconnect it when it says not to...

dont worry the worst that could happen is it freezing, in which that case you let the battery run out and just recharge it! :)