PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Rhino stuck!!

Johnny & Monica
12-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Just wanted to get the ball rolling and post something up in this new section. Here's a picture of a buddy of ours Mike. He is missing his left arm and leg but with the help of his Rhino he's able to get back out and get his ride on! Here's a picture of him getting stuck at Fingerlakes near Columbia, MO.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/monicac70/Picture_021.jpg

Johnny & Monica
12-01-2006, 10:43 AM
I think his next purchase is going to be a winch:D :eek2:

4trax250x81
12-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Looks like the person pushing him out had a scary ride;)

Johnny & Monica
12-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by 4trax250x81

LOL That's about right. They ended up needing the assistance of a couple guys on four wheel drives to get him out. He hasn't flipped it yet though.

quadfamily
12-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Wow those things are cool. Are they 4WD? Looks like your friend could use a lift and some big mud tires! That looks like it could be alot of fun though!

Xater
12-02-2006, 06:14 PM
rhinos look like a ton of fun! l

gotwarrior
12-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Its pretty easy to get stuck at finger lakes.. Them mud hole are very deceiving.. Trust me I KNOW, been there done that...:D

JOEX
12-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by 4trax250x81
LMAO!:devil:

Johnny & Monica
12-02-2006, 10:08 PM
The guy pushing is my son-in-law Mike , Looks like he pooped :eek2: They really went in an improved finger lake , It aint as rutted out an muddy as in the past years an the lake are all down , If you aint been lately check it out 1100 acres

Pro Wrench
12-03-2006, 10:29 PM
One of Jerry's kid's on the trail? What's next?

He is a ruggedly handsome individual I must admit.

quadfamily
12-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Nice first post Jack as s, making fun of handicapped, real nice. Goodbye and don't come back!

Johnny & Monica
12-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh no the handicapped guy got banned. I guess he shouldn't be making fun of himself. :( :eek:

quadfamily
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Ha Ha, oops, I didn't realize it was him poking fun at himself. Tell him I'm sorry. I guess Harlen can unban him?

Admin
12-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by quadfamily
Ha Ha, oops, I didn't realize it was him poking fun at himself. Tell him I'm sorry. I guess Harlen can unban him?

lol, this is too funny. I help Pro Wrech setup his account, and lays down the law!!! Atleast he will know that no one will be making wise cracks at his expense even himself.

I guess that I will unban the account, but he has been warned not to pick on himself again.

Pappy
12-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Admin

I guess that I will unban the account, but he has been warned not to pick on himself again.

Lmao!

welcome to the site Pro Wrench

Mxjunkie
12-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Hell yeah, good to see it getting muddy :macho

Pro Wrench
12-04-2006, 06:40 PM
:grr: I waited over 2 years after regestering to make that first post! I get insulted on other forums frequently & nobody does squat! I just make fun of myself here and WHACK!

Thanks for sticking up for me after I was insulted... by myself.

Seriously, thanks for the welcome guys.

Johnny & Monica
12-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Post some pictures of that Rino An tell them what it got`s , Ya Bully :devil:

parkers30
12-04-2006, 07:20 PM
LMAO, This quite possibly may be the best thread ever :blah: ..... good to see everyone watching ot for each other

I think it is really cool when people have Honda Pilots and other vehicle setup to over come their disabilties inspires the rest of us

Pro Wrench
12-04-2006, 07:53 PM
I don't have but a couple & I don't know how to post one. Every computer skill I have is self taught, have not learned how yet. I tried to attach but i got the file is to big message. I get that message alot about my...
My digital camera confuses me.

quadfamily
12-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Listen buddy, just because you're handicapped doesn't mean you can pick on yourself. Damned handicapped people think the site rules don't apply to them!

Seriously though I'm really sorry I banned you, I really though you were some jerk picking on....... well, you. Welcome to the site Mike (for the second time) LOL!

Oh and nobody answered my question, are those things 4WD?

400exrider707
12-05-2006, 01:18 AM
Yes they are 4x4, and that is about the funniest dang thing I've seen on here in a while. :D

Whatever happened to left? Is he still around? That guy was insane!

Pro Wrench
12-05-2006, 11:50 AM
QF, no harm done & thanks. The drive train is the same as the Yamaha Grizzly if your familiar with those, but the engine is rotated around backwards to fit. It has a solid rear axle. Limited slip front differential when in 4x4 and locked differential for those times like in the picture. It's 54" wide.
That is the only time that thing has been stuck & I do use it! But I did a great job of getting it stuck! Johnny & friends worked like dogs getting the colossal turd free. Finger Lakes is a old abandoned strip mining area & the soil has had all the good stuff removed, so when it's wet it's more like clay than mud and very sticky. The mud fest was a one time thing, I hope. I'm an old trials bike rider (not trail bike) & I like to climb hills, blast trails & old fast fire roads mostly.
I admit I don't push it to the extreme like I once did, steering with one hand is tough to say the least & I have no feeling in my remaining leg so... it ain't easy! But I NEED to get out in the woods. But now if I break or get stuck I'm screwed as I can't simply walk back to the truck.

John wants me to thump my chest about the changes I have made so...
Engine stuff,
Intake snorkel mod (more air) with K&N filter with a pre-filter.
Re jetted carburetor and added a dynojet needle.
Mudbuster performance camshaft with stronger valve springs.
Ported cylinder head.
10.5-1 Piston, standard bore. (cant afford race gas)
Performance head-pipe with Pro- Circuit silencer.
Aftermarket Igniter (CDI).

Other,
Added a rear bumper & front brush guard.
Raised seat mount because my leg bends very little.
Brody or spinner knob to help with one handed driving.
ITP XTR Radials in stock size.
CV guards front & rear with aluminum skid plates.
Custom made doors to cut down on the stares & comments.

Working on installing 4 MR-16 HID lights on a custom light bar.
4 new shocks from IShock should be here any day now.
Front and rear winch coming after Christmas $$$.

QuadRider55
12-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
LMAO!:devil:

12-05-2006, 06:52 PM
LOL .. he should take those car tires off.

bwamos
12-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Pro Wrench
Finger Lakes is a old abandoned strip mining area & the soil has had all the good stuff removed, so when it's wet it's more like clay than mud and very sticky.

Know exactly what you're talking about.. lol. Finger Lakes & Deepwater (both old strip mines), have the good old suction cup mud.. lol.

Get a nice 95-100 deg day, high humidity, no wind, and a quad stuck in that stuff, you're in for a rough time, lol. Especially when it gets stuck in the "Stinky mud"... :blah:

smr
12-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Pro Wrench
:grr: I waited over 2 years after regestering to make that first post! I get insulted on other forums frequently & nobody does squat! I just make fun of myself here and WHACK!

Thanks for sticking up for me after I was insulted... by myself.

Seriously, thanks for the welcome guys.

I must admit that was funny.....:D .....reminds me of the time John Fogerty got sued for sounding like John Fogerty.

My neighber recently bought a rhino and I'm hooked. I am thinking about selling my yfz and buying me one.

4punksdad
12-23-2006, 12:57 PM
very entertaining thread....................let me add to the Rhino stuck category. :)

4punksdad
12-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't want to clog your thread with all of my pictures...........

there is an entire thread in the trail tales forum. I think the title is 12/2/06 ride photos.

there are also some videos at www.putfile.com/5punks

welcome to the site pro whino :)

I too am going winch shopping soon

Hoggr9
12-24-2006, 07:27 AM
What's this world coming to...
Guy cant even make fun of himself...
I thnks it's great to see anyone get out and ride.
Where theres a will theres a way.
I have a friend who was injured in a farming accident when he was 17 and hasnt walked since.
He deer hunts,rides,etc.

People like those that refuse to quit doing what they love are
a real inspiration to me.
Ride on pro wrench..

rlplive
12-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Just wanted to get the ball rolling and post something up in this new section. Here's a picture of a buddy of ours Mike. He is missing his left arm and leg but with the help of his Rhino he's able to get back out and get his ride on! Here's a picture of him getting stuck at Fingerlakes near Columbia, MO.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/monicac70/Picture_021.jpg
I was just at finger lakes last week and it is very easy to get stuck. I see you live in St Joe thats where I'm at. Anyway thats sweet that your buddy can get out there and ride.
Ryan

Johnny & Monica
12-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Ryan , where you from in st.joe I think I seen that white 450r of yours down a south end bluffs acouple weeks ago when it was sloppy an muddy from the ice melting . I was riding a yellow yfz An my son was on a black trx90 Covered in mud of course :D

rlplive
12-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Ryan , where you from in st.joe I think I seen that white 450r of yours down a south end bluffs acouple weeks ago when it was sloppy an muddy from the ice melting . I was riding a yellow yfz An my son was on a black trx90 Covered in mud of course :D
I live over off of genefield by pizza hut. That wasn't me but that was my good buddy Louie, and my good buddy juston was on a red 450r

Pro Wrench
12-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Hello Ryan, another guy from the thriving metropolis of st. joe. When do I get to go to the south end bluffs guys? I would really like that. Maybe we could meet up soon & have you guys give me the tour.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, hope we meet up along the trail someday.