PDA

View Full Version : Where to find imports?!

Titanium
11-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Ok so i've been lookin for a import car for quite sometime. i pretty much have my mind made up on what i want. i want a prelude 94 or newer. or i'd like to have a integra GS-R. Does anybody know any good websites to find cars like these? Also if you guys are aware of any cars like these for sale post them. Pretty much as long as they have a VTEC i want them.

Architects
12-01-2006, 12:15 AM
www.honda-tech.com

Architects
12-01-2006, 02:31 AM
Vtec = Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control.

Edit- Heres a good article on it

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=question229.htm&url=http://www.leecao.com/honda/vtec/whatsvtec.html

MO-EX-RIDER
12-01-2006, 05:58 AM
pm sent!!

mac450
12-01-2006, 10:43 AM
O BUDDIE VTEEEEEEEEEC :rolleyes:

Titanium
12-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by mac450
O BUDDIE VTEEEEEEEEEC :rolleyes:
Whats your point?

Blue250X
12-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
Whats your point?

They are overrated

12-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X
They are overrated

prove it. they are great. show me its overrated links and i'll give you props

Blue250X
12-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10

What the hell? Are you raggin it or what? First off, I never said anything bad about them, I agree with you, they are very good for a 4 cylinder. Maybe you don't know what overrated means... here's a definition I got off the internet..."Regarded more highly than is deserved"..hows that for ya? Why do I need links to say they are overrated:rolleyes: I'm talkin all the little ricer boys that say "Oh, check this out, I got a 1.8 liter V-Tech!" And I don't care if you gave me all the "props" in the world, coming from a kid like you, they wouldn't mean crap to me. I believe you once told me this "Why do you have to hate someone" :)

TheFontMaster
12-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10

Ok I'll prove it.

http://sarasotadesign.com/motor454/08.jpg

A A R O N
12-01-2006, 05:50 PM
^^^That is a very beautiful picture, however this argument does not need to be started. Civics, and other imports alike, are just as nice as big block classics....just for different reasons. If I was wealthy, i'd own one or two of each. Just 'cause a person prefers one or the other doesn't mean they're stupid for it. The V-tech engine is innovative....definetely something worthwhile in a 4 banger, but nothing to compete with that LS1. NOW, that being said, if a person has a ricer and THINKS that it will somehow out perform any muscle car, then they can be criticized within reason. Titanium, nor anybody else stated that they thought a civic with a V-tech could infact dominate the streets. I'm sure Titanium has his reasons for wanting an import, and they're probably more influential to him than a bunch of hooligans on the internet telling him they are over rated.

Blue250X
12-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
^^^That is a very beautiful picture, however this argument does not need to be started. Civics, and other imports alike, are just as nice as big block classics....just for different reasons. If I was wealthy, i'd own one or two of each. Just 'cause a person prefers one or the other doesn't mean they're stupid for it. The V-tech engine is innovative....definetely something worthwhile in a 4 banger, but nothing to compete with that LS1. NOW, that being said, if a person has a ricer and THINKS that it will somehow out perform any muscle car, then they can be criticized within reason. Titanium, nor anybody else stated that they thought a civic with a V-tech could infact dominate the streets. I'm sure Titanium has his reasons for wanting an import, and they're probably more influential to him than a bunch of hooligans on the internet telling him they are over rated.

I completly agree, I really didn't mean anything by what I said, V-Techs are very worthwhile.

97blaster200
12-01-2006, 08:06 PM
this is the motor i love........

trick450r
12-02-2006, 12:38 PM
well you could try looking in japan for imports?

miller821
12-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Honda Civic- Gas mileage at least 30mpg in city... 23 bucks to fill the tank, I like it :)

Though its only temperary, and I'm still a Muscle Car fan.

boucherbuilders
12-02-2006, 12:55 PM
http://myspace-145.vo.llnwd.net/01507/54/17/1507477145_l.jpg

this says it all

250R-Dee
12-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Blue250X - this is VTECH

http://www.vtechphones.com/docMgt/public/item/5f1d5587-9bf6-47ea-b002-4d5230bb1e0e/5874_lg.jpg

:D :D :D :D :chinese:

Hondas have VTEC:p

Blue250X
12-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee
Blue250X - this is VTECH

http://www.vtechphones.com/docMgt/public/item/5f1d5587-9bf6-47ea-b002-4d5230bb1e0e/5874_lg.jpg

They have phones in their cars?:eek2: :D

wicked13
12-03-2006, 04:14 AM
It's easy...get both!!! I drive a 2005 Porsche and a 1929 Ford Rat Rod!:devil:

quadrcr161
12-03-2006, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee
Blue250X - this is VTECH

haha i was about to post that.

Originally posted by Blue250X
They have phones in their cars?:eek2: :D

umm no, look at the spelling, vtecH is the phone brand.

JR3
12-03-2006, 07:12 AM
me personally id much rather have any kind of turbo import car over a muscle car any day. I use to like muscle cars a lot until i saw them just getting destroyed be these little turbo cars. My 1 friend has a evo the other has a turbo civic with a 60 trim on it and a whole **** load of other stuff thing is fast. only thing i hate about the rice crowd are there are a few people that make every1 else look like a idiot.

there are good sites all over the place just google import sale sites and stuff youll find them.

boucherbuilders
12-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by JR3
me personally id much rather have any kind of turbo import car over a muscle car any day. I use to like muscle cars a lot until i saw them just getting destroyed be these little turbo cars. My 1 friend has a evo the other has a turbo civic with a 60 trim on it and a whole **** load of other stuff thing is fast. only thing i hate about the rice crowd are there are a few people that make every1 else look like a idiot.

there are good sites all over the place just google import sale sites and stuff youll find them.

where are your seeing this happen? I hope not at the race track. You know a civic is front wheel drive right? What does the evo run 12s? cool. My mustang (not a muscle car i know) ran mid 11s with the turbo kit and a stock motor.

A A R O N
12-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by boucherbuilders
where are your seeing this happen? I hope not at the race track. You know a civic is front wheel drive right? What does the evo run 12s? cool. My mustang (not a muscle car i know) ran mid 11s with the turbo kit and a stock motor.

I was watching some show on tv about imports and there was a guy on there that they were interviewing that kind of had a hand in starting the whole scene i guess. He has an early 90's civic hatch back that after tons and tons of money (and a wheelie bar [wtf:huh ]) he had it running in the 9's. I'd say that's pretty darn fast for an import. I'm sure a muscle car with the same amount of money into it would have no problem spanking it, but if the muscle car isn't as worked over I could see it happening.

boucherbuilders
12-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by A A R O N
I was watching some show on tv about imports and there was a guy on there that they were interviewing that kind of had a hand in starting the whole scene i guess. He has an early 90's civic hatch back that after tons and tons of money (and a wheelie bar [wtf:huh ]) he had it running in the 9's. I'd say that's pretty darn fast for an import. I'm sure a muscle car with the same amount of money into it would have no problem spanking it, but if the muscle car isn't as worked over I could see it happening.

yeah it had those wheelie bars that lift the back end up huh? Im seeing a lot of srt4s running low 12s all day long. Really impressive and would suprise the hell out of you on the street.

boucherbuilders
12-03-2006, 07:42 AM
At the end of the day you can make anything fast but chances are they are pumping 40+ lbs of boost in those engines to get them in the 9s running 110+ octane. You see pump gas n/a muscle car combos all the time with decent street manors.

Blue250X
12-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
umm no, look at the spelling, vtecH is the phone brand.

umm, no, I was joking?

JR3
12-03-2006, 09:35 AM
im seeing it happen on the street. I just rather put money into a import. and yea my friend has a 5 slow its pretty fast fun to drive.

boucherbuilders
12-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by JR3
im seeing it happen on the street. I just rather put money into a import. and yea my friend has a 5 slow its pretty fast fun to drive.

If you say so, you dont see many 10 sec. imports at the track for a reason though. Most people have sense and know it can be done with half the money with a domestic. You probably see this on the street because most real cars are at the track.

Titanium
12-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Ok look im not looking for an argument for all you muscle car guys out there. i love muscle cars too but did i say im takin this car to the track? no, i didnt. all im lookin for is a quick fun car to drive with DECENT gas mileage. Also for those of you who say that i should a get an LS1, i dont have the money for one of those unless it has very high mileage. Also for the year of muscle cars i can actually afford that's in decent shape is slower than the model of vehicle/s i want. such as the integra GS-R's and the prelude and even some del sol's with VTEC's.

LTZ400rider
12-04-2006, 10:23 PM

i like muscle cars more than imports
but wow u got a mustang into the 11's with an aftermarket turbo

the evo is stock and runs 12's and is more than half the displacement.

since its stock and ur runnin a 3-4 grand turbo how about the evo throws in a bigger turbo.

i agree with the civic part tho

i also think ur bullchitting about ur car anyway

gun32boarder
12-05-2006, 09:26 AM
My god the kid comes in asking for a import and it becomes a he man musle lovers fest. Every occur to any of you maybe people have diffrent tastes.

boucherbuilders
12-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
i like muscle cars more than imports
but wow u got a mustang into the 11's with an aftermarket turbo

the evo is stock and runs 12's and is more than half the displacement.

since its stock and ur runnin a 3-4 grand turbo how about the evo throws in a bigger turbo.

i agree with the civic part tho

i also think ur bullchitting about ur car anyway

-well first of all evos dont run 12s stock
-they run lows 13s with 1/2 the displacement but they also use new technology against 15 year old tech.
-the evo can put a bigger turbo if it wants, did i mention that was with 9lbs of boost. What do you think the all mighty evo would do with that? nothing......it wouldnt even get out of its own way.
-i would stick with quads if i were you

O and i bought my kit second hand for 1500

oldskoolex400
12-09-2006, 08:49 PM
i tell ya i can really put a hurtin on most of these domestics

oldskoolex400
12-09-2006, 08:55 PM
however, ive come to the conclusion i cant beat my uncles viper though pshew that b is fast ive driven it around town a time or two and havent really had any competition :devil:

gun32boarder
12-09-2006, 09:30 PM
-well first of all evos dont run 12s stock
-they run lows 13s with 1/2 the displacement but they also use new technology against 15 year old tech.
-the evo can put a bigger turbo if it wants, did i mention that was with 9lbs of boost. What do you think the all mighty evo would do with that? nothing......it wouldnt even get out of its own way.
-i would stick with quads if i were you

O and i bought my kit second hand for 1500

New technology? A form of the evo motor has been around for 15 years.

SGA
12-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Autotrader is a good place to look.

Also Ebay. Use the search feature on the left to put in your zipcode to find cars close to you.

Links below from autotrader for cars within 200 miles of my zip code.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=100&search_type=both&distance=200&address=31522&style_flag=1&make=HONDA&model=PRE&make2=&start_year=1994&end_year=2000&min_price=&max_price=&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&color2=&color3=&keywordsfyc=vtec&sort_type=priceDESC&sponsorModel=&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=y&default_sort=priceDESC&keywordsrep=118116101099

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=100&search_type=both&distance=200&address=31522&style_flag=1&make=ACURA&model=INTEG&make2=&start_year=1994&end_year=2000&min_price=&max_price=&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&color2=&color3=&keywordsfyc=vtec&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=y&default_sort=priceDESC&keywordsrep=118116101099