PDA

View Full Version : FCR carb ?

shook
09-15-2002, 12:47 PM
I have 400ex it has been bored to a 426 with a TC racing cam and head has been ported Im running a Sparks x6 pipe and no air box lid Oh and the compression os 10.8:1 I just recently put a 39mm fcr and it feels like a slug it was faster with the stock carb how do the fcr's come from the factory as far as jetting goes what pilot and what main and what setting is the needle in I bought the carb from sparks

flaneledholes
09-15-2002, 03:56 PM
Wow!, A slug?! It should have made a big diff., get your jetting down then it will probably be a bigger diff.

shook
09-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by flaneledholes
Wow!, A slug?! How much liquor you been drinking??? It should have made a big diff., get your getting down then you can talk crap if it still doesnt give you improvements... Well smart A _ _ when I get my GETTING right Ill talk crap too oh that s right your from W.V. your mother and your aunt are they same person so I guess I should expect this from you by the way when you marry your sister send me an invitation if you have mail access to your trailer park

Ricky g
09-15-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by flaneledholes
Wow!, A slug?! How much liquor you been drinking??? It should have made a big diff., get your getting down then you can talk crap if it still doesnt give you improvements...

" it feels like a slug " that's not very specific, if you can describe what the symtoms the carb is exhibiting, you'll get more help.......fcr's are anything but sluggish, you have four adjustments low speed jet(pilot) high speed jet, needle clip, and the air screw, it will take some test runs to get your carb dialed in right, most shops get the jetting close, but in the end it comes down to you doing the fine tunning, so you need to learn what adjustments affect what throttle range.

Ricky g

Crowdog
09-15-2002, 09:02 PM
I have a 416. Nice power change. Added the FCR 39mm and wasn't at all impressed with the power gain. Can't really say that I noticed any. Played around with the jetting a bit, and no difference.

Jon

Big - D Racing
09-16-2002, 12:14 AM
Get an edelbrock!

oynot400
09-16-2002, 08:12 AM
When I put mine on it was sluggish, jetting was way too rich. Once I got it close it made a huge difference. :D I think I can get a little more out of it if I put it on a dyno and really played around with it. But for now I am very pleased. I will put more time into it when I do the 463 kit.
I think you just need to take some time getting it dialed in. It sounds like you are running rich. You will like it when you get it there. :devil

flaneledholes
09-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by shook
Well smart A _ _ when I get my GETTING right Ill talk crap too oh that s right your from W.V. your mother and your aunt are they same person so I guess I should expect this from you by the way when you marry your sister send me an invitation if you have mail access to your trailer park

I will be sure to send you an invitation...:D Jackass... Oh and about the getting part, it will be fixed... **** you wanna talk about being from here and there, you dont even live in a place, are you homeless??? Your location says_____, get me??? And about my mother and my aunt, you need to shut you got dam mouth... I will personally drive an hour to whopp your ***, my mother has been dead for 1 and a half years you *** hole... Oh you s.o.b it's an all out war you dumb ****!

PS: Trailer Park, Nah, try a 5 bedroom house and 2 bathrooms and 3 acres of land to top that off, compared to your card board box and the library you sleep in when you agree to take a bath...

RytM1
09-16-2002, 04:36 PM
WHOOOAAA!! Da boat a' ya's need to turn it down a notch!

Shook, what I think Flaneled was trying to say was that you can't slap the carb on and expect it to be perfect. As others have stated, get the jetting dialed in better, then dog the improvements if they aren't up to your expectations. Also, call Sparks and see what information they can shed on the subject. You kinda have to be able to elaborate on exactly what "feels like a slug" is to you. That could be not revving as quick as you expected, slow throttle response. This is really the first time that I have heard about people being unhappy with the FCR. If the problem can't be fixed, maybe it is a problem with something in the carb itself, that might then be covered by a warranty.

JabberJaw
09-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Actually, what Flaneled was try to say was:

You must have mistook my attempt at humor for rudeness... and in retaliation, decided to humilate yourself by responding in a childish manner. You are confused if you feel there is something to be gained by your response.

You do not deserve the kindness of an answer to your question from anyone on this site if you are going to behave like that.

I still live in the United States, so please try not to treat me like an alien. If we lived close to one another, we could probably ride together and consider each other friends. But, because you are lacking in the maturity department, this will probably not take place, even on this board.

flaneledholes
09-16-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
Actually, what Flaneled was try to say was:

You must have mistook my attempt at humor for rudeness... and in retaliation, decided to humilate yourself by responding in a childish manner. You are confused if you feel there is something to be gained by your response.

You do not deserve the kindness of an answer to your question from anyone on this site if you are going to behave like that.

I still live in the United States, so please try not to treat me like an alien. If we lived close to one another, we could probably ride together and consider each other friends. But, because you are lacking in the maturity department, this will probably not take place, even on this board.

Well said, I guess you actually have some reality to you and not all jokes, when I saw who was typing, I thought I was gonna laugh because you always make me laugh, but this was a serious post, good job...:)

flaneledholes
09-16-2002, 07:19 PM
Lets just drop this thread...

MOUSE
09-16-2002, 07:31 PM
i thought he asked a good question and just expected a good answer :huh i dunno maybe im wrong. just my .02