PDA

View Full Version : reed valve question

christophere251
11-30-2006, 05:45 PM
I have a boyeson valve on my r. the reeds are busted so i ordered some new reeds that are made for 250r boyesen valve! The reeds that were sent are two small have a different mounting screw pattern and are 3 window! My reeds that are on it now have only a 2 window patter. Are these for a dirtbike or what any help would be appreciated!

C-LEIGH RACING
12-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by christophere251
I have a boyeson valve on my r. the reeds are busted so i ordered some new reeds that are made for 250r boyesen valve! The reeds that were sent are two small have a different mounting screw pattern and are 3 window! My reeds that are on it now have only a 2 window patter. Are these for a dirtbike or what any help would be appreciated!

Sounds like you have a replacement reed set for the stock reed cage, it had a three petal reed.

The boysene rad valve when new will have 2 stage reeds, a carbon fiber reed on top & a fiberglass on the bottom next to the cage.
There is a replacement reed set for the rad valve without the carbon fiber reed that will last quite a bit longer than the carbon fiber reed, its a number RL-19 reed set.
You may have to order them direct from Boysene or some of the big suppliers could have or get them for you.
Parts Unlimited did have them, been awhile sence I ordered any though.
Neil

86 Quad R
12-01-2006, 11:23 AM
as neil stated. sounds like they sent you the power reeds for a stock trx or cr cage. the rl-19 is the set you want. they last 4 times longer than the c/f.

spent21
12-01-2006, 12:04 PM
i don't remember what year, but the CR cage is available in the 2 petal design as well.