PDA

View Full Version : haspin acres

new400exrider
11-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Has anyone ever been to haspin and if so was it well worth it? are ther a lot of ramps?

jesshamner
11-30-2006, 07:28 PM
I like Haspin because it has a variety or riding. They have 2 mx tracks, however, they aren't that great. They have a drag strip so you can make your friends look bad. And they have trails. The bad thing is that there are actually too many trials. I like to follow the race arrows when I'm there. They also have a mud pit and a few hills to climb. The parking lot sucks if its raining or has rained very much.

new400exrider
12-01-2006, 06:17 PM
ok thanks im goin to go but i just wanted to know wat to expect

ky300ex
12-01-2006, 06:47 PM
I've been to Haspin a few times.As jesshammer said...2 mx tracks that are usaully worn down but still fun to ride on and a lot of trails.As for hill climbs,some of the trails can get pretty steep with a lot of ruts and rock and they also have the "devils backbone" hill.......very long,steep and killer rocks!The bad things about Haspin....don't go to trail ride on race day!Their hare scramble course isn't marked very well and with all of the small tangling trails you'll more than likely cross into the path of the race track and not know it.....i just about got drilled once.The other bad thing is if it has been dry the place will be extremely dusty,or if it rains a little it will be a 600 acre mud pit.Especially the parking lot!Overall a pretty good place to ride.

jesshamner
12-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ky300ex
....don't go to trail ride on race day!Their hare scramble course isn't marked very well and with all of the small tangling trails you'll more than likely cross into the path of the race track and not know it.....i just about got drilled once.The

I say the opposite... Go on race day! Enter the race. Its so much fun. You don't have to ride outside of your comfort level. Its fun to race though. If you do go on race day, just be aware of your surroundings. I come up on people all the time and just let them know I'm in a hurry. Some people are rude about it. Sometimes I have to wait for 4 or 5 jeeps or trucks. Its all part of the race at Haspin. LOL. Anyway, I'll say this again...Haspin is great because it provides a variety of riding.