PDA

View Full Version : 426 conversion

NTPracing22
09-15-2002, 10:50 AM
for next seaon i'm going to throw a 426 in my 250r frame, or i'd like to. i heard that it would crack a stock frame, so if it were reinforced, wouldn't it not crack, or be stronger? if any of you have done this conversion i could really use your help, because i don't want to have tp buy a whole new aftermarket frame. thanks alot

mxriderona400ex
09-15-2002, 11:03 AM
just buy the laegers frame!!!

09-15-2002, 03:49 PM
dont do it put the crf 450 engine in it and desleeve it. The 426 is super herd to start. If you do any dead engine starts your gonna be sitting there kickinmg it over or if uy just go for a ride all your friends will be off riding and ull be sitting there kicking the thing over. If i were you i would definitly consider the crf first.
killer

Nausty
09-15-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by KiLLeR300EX
dont do it put the crf 450 engine in it and desleeve it. The 426 is super herd to start. If you do any dead engine starts your gonna be sitting there kickinmg it over or if uy just go for a ride all your friends will be off riding and ull be sitting there kicking the thing over. If i were you i would definitly consider the crf first.
killer

oh plz have you ever even ridden one?

stocktires
09-15-2002, 04:23 PM
My re-inforced frame is being shipped tommorow. A stock frame with a 426 isnt a good idea. A re-inforced frame would be much better and wont cost you an arm and a leg (Thats Why im getting one, and selling mine). But an aftermarket frame is the best if you have enought money

Pro400EXC
09-15-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by KiLLeR300EX
killer

:huh :huh I love people who don't know what there talking about!:rolleyes:

09-15-2002, 06:22 PM
they started a crf 450 in a pair of sandals after they washed it........ the crf is a much easier starter and wet sump ..............id def go with crf plus it produces more hp and iits more manageable yzf is a ***** to start if u stall it hot unless u know the 2 pages for starting procedure

Pro400EXC
09-15-2002, 06:36 PM
OK, #1 the YZ-F ain't to hard to start once you do a few tricks to it,and if you don't stall you should be fine,and anyways,she ain't to hard to start,i can start one with my hand .....

#2,wet sump is not better than dry sump,wet sump puts more friction on the crank,the only reason the CRF is wet sump is cause it saves weight,big whoop,i'd take reliablity over weight...The CRF also dosen't hold alot of oil in the crank and tranny,so you'd better keep your eye on the levels,and make sure you put 590-600cm or oil in the tranny unless you wanna pay out the a-hole....

#3,the YZ-f produces only like 2hp less,but has a harder hittin powerband..and also,I talked to Adam sick,and he said his bone stock YZ-f/400ex has more power in a quad,than hos buddy's crf/400ex....

Don't get me wrong,i am a Red Rider,but just want people to get there facts straight...

NTPracing22
09-15-2002, 07:44 PM
i only say 426 cuz the bike can be found cheaper. i don't have the money to go buy a showroom crf450. i might just have enough for a yzf400, but i might save for the newer 426. so really it's all about money. if it wasn't a problem, i'm stay with the Red

Mxbubs
11-03-2002, 07:03 PM
You sissies, my girlfriend can start my YZ quad on the first kick.

Sounds like alot of opinions with out any hands on experience.:D