PDA

View Full Version : is it 400ex or 250r arms that fit the Dale??

Ripitupfilms
11-30-2006, 01:34 PM
is it 400ex or 250r arms that are the same fit as the Dale.. i have 250r arms would they fit up or No ??

thank,Gloop

CannondaleRider
11-30-2006, 08:32 PM
They'll mount up fine, but they won't work, geometry's don't match

hnnblehscnnble
12-01-2006, 08:23 AM
they will work but you need to use 250r spindles.the is a different bend on the top arms.and the same with 400ex arms.you just have to use the honda spindles.cannodnale hubs and etc. will work either way.

kyle

jacobw
12-01-2006, 08:25 PM
why when the stock arms in over abundance and cheap and if you want mx width arms teixeira tech has some on sale and a few on cannondaleriders have houser, put on the bike what fits on the bike not another bikes arms, the geometry is enough different that do you really trust you life on putting something that wasnt designed for the specifie bike on it???

hnnblehscnnble
12-01-2006, 10:33 PM
jacob has a point and i have houser lt +3 a arms for sale that are nearly mint.interested?

kyle

Ripitupfilms
12-02-2006, 08:48 AM
im asking about this because its my dads cannondale which im practicing on right now because my quad is broke.. Y would i spend money i dont need to spend if you can use 400ex or 250r arms..

jacobw
12-02-2006, 11:26 AM
this has been brought up many times by Jeff Stoess, 250r arms and 400ex arms dont work, just because they bolt on dosent make them work properly, they make atv specific parts for a reason. Because they work "properly" on that atv.

jacobw
12-02-2006, 11:34 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134827&highlight=400ex+arms+on+cannondale

jacobw
12-02-2006, 11:49 AM
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16899&hl=400ex+arms

look at the picture DIRT posted of the different ball joint angles then ask formerly jeff@quadshop now jeff@tireballs if he thinks it will work and he will say NO

Ripitupfilms
12-02-2006, 12:36 PM
that guy also said 400ex lt setup doesnt work on a 300ex.. hmm but all the national kids run it..??

CannondaleRider
12-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey, don't get snappy.

You asked the question, he gave the answer(Which I completely agree with), and you jump on him like he's wrong?

Didn't get the answer you want? Don't listen to us, run them, when something goes wrong, don't blame anyone but yourself.

hnnblehscnnble
12-02-2006, 04:34 PM
well and i would also say that is true because a 300ex is made the same place a 400ex....honda.i was wrong with my responce.jacob corrected me then he gave you someone who could give you the info and like rider said you didnt get the answer you wanted to hear.everyone wants to hear that the setup they have will work but if it doesnt then don't use it.

good luck and when you want it i have a houser lt +3 front end ready to box up and ship out.later
kyle

Ripitupfilms
12-02-2006, 05:44 PM
im not gettin snappy.. all i needed was a simple answer from the get go. And you gave it to me .

i didnt need 4 posts from the same guy saying how they dont work..

example ( why when the stock arms in over abundance and cheap and if you want mx width arms teixeira tech has some on sale and a few on cannondaleriders have houser, put on the bike what fits on the bike not another bikes arms, the geometry is enough different that do you really trust you life on putting something that wasnt designed for the specifie bike on it??? ) ^^^^thats wasnt snappy or anything??

Ripitupfilms
12-02-2006, 05:56 PM
see the problem with the internet and reading something that is typed is that you do not know the persons tone of voice.. I have my question answered. thank you

jacobw
12-02-2006, 07:38 PM
yes tone is omitted and leaved the post to be interpreted by the reader. If you want stock width yes, I can help you out I have like 3 sets of complete stock arms laying around and I am sure you can get the teixeira tech +3 for like 500 bucks they are nice work http://www.teixeiratech.com/Cannondale.htm:D

hnnblehscnnble
12-02-2006, 09:04 PM
heck i just looked at their site and if you want plus 3 ill sell you my houser arms for $600 plus shipping(shouldnt be too much) teixeiratech.com is selling theirs for $525 new.housers are almost $1000 new and they are awesome arms. $75 more yes they are used but also a well known brand.sorry i know i seem naggy i just want these arms sold!

kyle

Ripitupfilms
12-03-2006, 05:41 PM
i completly lost intrest in riding the Cannondale any more.. I was riding all day at rausch creek and it was having little shutting off problems.. they let us out on the dirt bike track and i was having an awesome time . I was goin 5 gear 2/3's throttle up to the pretty big double and the quad shut off on face of the jump ( full Speed) causing me to noise dive 15 feet in the air .. which ended up in some hurt.:ermm: so sorry im not intrested in investing money in it anymore.

hnnblehscnnble
12-03-2006, 06:34 PM
battery connections tight?crank seize?

Ripitupfilms
12-04-2006, 05:12 AM
its deffinetly electrical. it seemed like it mite have been the kill switch connection.. but who knows.. also it was very cold out so i dont know if that plays a factor

hnnblehscnnble
12-04-2006, 07:36 AM
the temp doesnt play a factor and its definitely electrical as long as you can turn it over(if not then your crank went) but set aside from the a arm thing and i can help you get it running again.check the killswich and the battery connections and get back to us.

witech
12-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
i completly lost intrest in riding the Cannondale any more.. I was riding all day at rausch creek and it was having little shutting off problems.. they let us out on the dirt bike track and i was having an awesome time . I was goin 5 gear 2/3's throttle up to the pretty big double and the quad shut off on face of the jump ( full Speed) causing me to noise dive 15 feet in the air .. which ended up in some hurt.:ermm: so sorry im not intrested in investing money in it anymore.

You went out on a MX track with intermittant stalling problems?
Sound like attempted suicide to me. Tighten your battery terminals.